Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This position is key to winning a SB for Giants.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

Barkley is in no way overrated. You may say you dont want a RB at 2 and thats justified. But Barkley is an absolute stud. I am hoping for the QB but if Barkley is the pick I would in no way be upset.
    How isn't he . His stats suck. That is all a RB has is rushing numbers.
    There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post

God I miss Jacobs...
      I dont miss all of the tip toeing behind the LOS, and the attempts to run it outside rather than right down the middle, resulting in way too many negative yards

For a guy his size, he thought he was a scat back
      The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by futurewebb View Post

Eli got two rings with a power run game,..... he is far from a great QB!!!!
        try using the term play action with a good running game. Power running game is not correct. Also great defense in the SBs too.
        Eli overall isnt a great/elite QB but he has had plenty of elite and great moments along the way.
        I know you uhave your agenda and thats cool but your veiw is skewed by that agenda.

"Measure Twice......Cut Once"
        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

I dont miss all of the tip toeing behind the LOS, and the attempts to run it outside rather than right down the middle, resulting in way too many negative yards

For a guy his size, he thought he was a scat back
          +1. He was too tall and ran too upright at times, needed to get a head of steam before he could truck people. He got stopped at or behind the LOS way too often for a big guy.

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post
            Outside of Foles when was the last non franchise qb to win it all??
            Phil Simms backup. Jeff Hostetler won a Super Bowl !

Comment

Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post

Phil Simms backup. Jeff Hostetler won a Super Bowl !
              And how long ago was that?? How many of those qbs have won over the last 3 decades??

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

+1. He was too tall and ran too upright at times, needed to get a head of steam before he could truck people. He got stopped at or behind the LOS way too often for a big guy.
                I agree, he was not a very good "short yardage" back. I liked him but not in those situations.
                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

How isn't he . His stats suck. That is all a RB has is rushing numbers.
                  His stats suck???? He had over 2,000 combined yards and 22 total TDs. Watch the film and not the stat sheet! His OL was not good and teams stacked the box and tried to make McSorley beat them in the pass game. And he still averaged close to 6ypc. Not to mention he is on Le'Veon Bells level in terms of a receiving threat out of the backfield. He lines up in the slot, outside and still wins his routes.

Comment

I felt Bradshaw was a bit more impactful than jacobs.
                    sigpic #80

Comment

Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

His stats suck???? He had over 2,000 combined yards and 22 total TDs. Watch the film and not the stat sheet! His OL was not good and teams stacked the box and tried to make McSorley beat them in the pass game. And he still averaged close to 6ypc. Not to mention he is on Le'Veon Bells level in terms of a receiving threat out of the backfield. He lines up in the slot, outside and still wins his routes.
                      He is listed as RB. He had less Rushing yards by a lot then any other Rb taken in the top 10 picks previously. A running backs 1st job is to run the ball . A GM does not speculate on how his O-line preformed contributed to has rushing numbers. It is more on how the RB did after he was handed the ball. If the GM uses the O-line excuse to take a high pick , he is an idiot. His average per-carry is well below RBs taken in the top 10 picks. RB are not taken in the top 10 because they can catch the ball. They are taken because they can run the ball when it is handed to them and they have the numbers to prove it,

So is he a RB or is he pass catcher? Because his Rushing stats suck for a top 5 pick. Lower 1rd to 3rd I am all for it. We already have a good slot receiver. We can get a good screen pass catcher in the later rounds.
                      There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post

And how long ago was that?? How many of those qbs have won over the last 3 decades??
                        You did not put a time frame on your question.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

He is listed as RB. He had less Rushing yards by a lot then any other Rb taken in the top 10 picks previously. A running backs 1st job is to run the ball . A GM does not speculate on how his O-line preformed contributed to has rushing numbers. It is more on how the RB did after he was handed the ball. If the GM uses the O-line excuse to take a high pick , he is an idiot. His average per-carry is well below RBs taken in the top 10 picks. RB are not taken in the top 10 because they can catch the ball. They are taken because they can run the ball when it is handed to them and they have the numbers to prove it,

So is he a RB or is he pass catcher? Because his Rushing stats suck for a top 5 pick. Lower 1rd to 3rd I am all for it. We already have a good slot receiver. We can get a good screen pass catcher in the later rounds.
                          A GM speculates on all factors. They all already know how good Barkley is. That's why he will go in the top 10. Look at the YPC for this guy. He turned out pretty well...no? And he would have gone in the top 15 if it had not been for weight and off-the field issues:

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...on-bell-1.html

Comment

Heres another guy that turned out okay. YPC is pretty similar

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb...mlinson-1.html

Comment

I was hoping we would bring in Blount when he was on the market, not that we would have won more games but maybe the games we lost wouldn't have looked so pathetic...

Comment

Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post

You did not put a time frame on your question.
                                I figured I didnt need to but no worries.

Comment

Working...
                                X