X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pat Shurmur hire is looking better and better for the Giants | Politi

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

Excerpt: "
    When the Giants co-owners and general manager kept on using words like "adult" and "responsible" and "professional" to describe Pat Shurmur, the assumption was that they were taking a not-so-veiled shot at the man he was replacing. That still might be the case.

But maybe they were passing judgment on the other candidates who interviewed for the job.

It sure looks that way now, doesn't it? The word "professional" is not being used much in Indianapolis to describe Josh McDaniels this morning, but "selfish jerk" and "a punk and a loser" are, and those are just the words we can use on a family website.

McDaniels pulled out on the Colts as the team's private jet was warming on the tarmac to bring him to the press conference, deciding at the very last minute to stay in New England. Even if you think that's an acceptable way to treat a future employer -- the ink on the contract was not dry -- what he did to four other coaches was unfair and callous.

The Patriots offensive coordinator already started hiring coaches for his staff in Indianapolis. The Colts have said they would honor two of the contracts that were signed, but now they'll be working for a coach who didn't bring them aboard, a less than ideal situation for both." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Clearly better than Patricia or McDaniels would have been.

Comment

hate to sound like a hindsight fool but I had felt all along that neither McDaniels or Patricia were qualified to be the NYGs next HC. Def liked Shurmur or Wilkes better.
      McDaniels is a tool bag and Patricia IMO is way more of a crap shoot to be a good HC than Shurmur at this stage.
      Very happy we got Shurmur. Well happy now. Lets see what next season brings.
      "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Originally posted by FIREreeseNOW! View Post
        Bill b quit on the jets after a day how did that work out for him?
        [SIGPIC]

Comment

Yeah. One was too scared to coach in NY and the other is a child that leaves his own chosen coaches hanging after he renegs on a deal.

I sure am glad the "Giants have fallen so far" that neither one of them are coaching here.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbluejeep8888 View Post

Bill b quit on the jets after a day how did that work out for him?
            What's that have to do with the Giants? I could care less about how it works out for McDaniels I only care that if we had been the ones hiring him we would be the ones left snubbed and embarrassed this morning. And Patricia is straight up garbage I can't believe the Lions still hired him after the worst D performance of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post
              Yeah. One was too scared to coach in NY and the other is a child that leaves his own chosen coaches hanging after he renegs on a deal.

I sure am glad the "Giants have fallen so far" that neither one of them are coaching here.
              I mean I get that making **** up is way more fun, but were not little kids here so lets not do that. Patricia worked with the Lions GM for 12 years in NE, thats why he went to Detroit.

Comment

+1
                "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                "No...I didn't."
                "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

What a disaster for the Colts.

But this tells me Bill is retiring or moving on very soon.

Comment

I agree with everything in the article but it is pre-mature to gloat in any way.
                    It will all be about results soon. Only then will we know.
                    Hopeful...
                    No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                      I agree with everything in the article but it is pre-mature to gloat in any way.
                      It will all be about results soon. Only then will we know.
                      Hopeful...
                      I agree.

Comment

Unless Belichick retires very soon McDaniels name is mud now. I'm glad we got who we got based on the options available.

Comment

I am starting to think the rumors of Giants getting spurn by McDaniels and Patricia is all BS and made up...

Comment

Originally posted by barran21 View Post

I am starting to think the rumors of Giants getting spurn by McDaniels and Patricia is all BS and made up...
                            I hope the FO said: 'Yeah....thanks for the interview. Dont call us we'll call you"
                            "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Originally posted by FIREreeseNOW! View Post
                              Totally. Patricia and McDaniels might have been the hot and sexy names as far as Head Coaching candidates but Bellichick ex-coaches have not fared well away from Gilette Stadium. Plus Patricia has zero experience and McDaniels was a train wreck in Colorado; still looks to be when Big Bill is not at the end of his leash.

This team needed more of a paternalistic presence who can mold and guide them. Shurmur is looking like the best choice if the candidates especially considering the current state of the team in transition. We have a new GM and the current roster will be constructed very differently so we needed a new voice but also one with a strong presence and charisma.

I think Shurmur has a nice balance of being approachable and almost “Dad-like” but commanda respect and is all about professiinalism, business, and winning. McDaniels strikes me as a yeller and almost tyrannical. Right now, after 6 years of mediocrity we have reason to be optimistic-Shurmur and Gettleman look to be the best and “right” team to get the Giants back on track.

Comment

Working...
                              X