Pat Shurmur hire is looking better and better for the Giants | Politi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikeq6722 View Post

I mean I get that making **** up is way more fun, but were not little kids here so lets not do that. Patricia worked with the Lions GM for 12 years in NE, thats why he went to Detroit.
    Not making anything up, this was reported in multiple places:

"The people I spoke to that work with him and know him didn't think he was ready for a high-profile job, the source told The Post. They thought it would be Detroit or Arizona, where he could kind of cut his teeth, they didn't think he was ready to leave the nest yet."

Leave the nest yet?

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2018/01/...s-over-giants/

Comment

Dan Campbell going to be interviewed by the Colts tomorrow. Frank Reich on Friday. I think they'll hire Reich - good - get him out of Philly.
      "It's nice to see arrogance humbled" - Wellington Mara

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

Not making anything up, this was reported in multiple places:

"The people I spoke to that work with him and know him didn't think he was ready for a high-profile job, the source told The Post. They thought it would be Detroit or Arizona, where he could kind of cut his teeth, they didn't think he was ready to leave the nest yet."

Leave the nest yet?

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2018/01/...s-over-giants/
        A source hahahahahaha, i have a many sources too, one of my sources said Giants are going to draft Barkley and give Eli contract extension, through 2021...

Comment

The fact that anyone for a second thought that McDaniels is not a complete tool is incredible to me. He would have fit in well working for possibly a bigger tool Jim Irsay though.

Comment

Originally posted by barran21 View Post

A source hahahahahaha, i have a many sources too, one of my sources said Giants are going to draft Barkley and give Eli contract extension, through 2021...
            I was accused of making stuff up, so I provided a link. This was reported in many media sources. You dont have to believe it.

Comment

This screams that Luck wonít be ready this year if at all. Donít count out Indy picking a qb at 3 or making a push for cousins. If Frank Reich is the guy look for them to add Foles. This is going to be very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeq6722 View Post

I mean I get that making **** up is way more fun, but were not little kids here so lets not do that. Patricia worked with the Lions GM for 12 years in NE, thats why he went to Detroit.
                That wasnt made up. that was report that came out that quoted people who know him. They said they didnt think he felt ready to coach in NY.
                Last edited by Roosevelt; 02-07-2018, 03:25 PM.

Comment

I actually preferred Patricia, and would still have been fine with him as coach. I'm not a huge fan of McDaniels going back to the Denver fiasco, and certainly prefer Surmur to him, even had he accepted the Colts job. His change of heart simply verifies my feelings. All in all, I think we hired the right guy though.

Comment

Man, how quickly a room can change here! I distinctly remember a thread several weeks ago full of people grousing about how we had ended up with our third choice (Shurmur) and how the Giants' front office was so inept and clueless. I merely tried to suggest that it wasn't quite as bad as everyone was making it out to be. Nope. Shurmur was the third choice, and the Giants' FO was inept and clueless. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

I was accused of making stuff up, so I provided a link. This was reported in many media sources. You dont have to believe it.
                      That the Giants were drafting Barkley and extending Eli to '21? Do you mind providing that link again?

Not that I'm doubting there's actually somebody stupid enough to write that...there are a lot of clueless boobs out there with press credentials.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

That the Giants were drafting Barkley and extending Eli to '21? Do you mind providing that link again?

Not that I'm doubting there's actually somebody stupid enough to write that...there are a lot of clueless boobs out there with press credentials.
                        You are confused about who posted what. If you go back a re-read the posts you will see what i posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

I guess you didnít read the article. It had nothing to do with Barkley. You should read before you comment on it.
                          Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post

I hope the FO said: 'Yeah....thanks for the interview. Dont call us we'll call you"
                            I wonder how many teams will offer McDaniels a HC after this mess.

Comment

Originally posted by JesseJames View Post

I wonder how many teams will offer McDaniels a HC after this mess.
                              one and only one, the Pats, after BB retires.

Comment

I agree with the headline.
                                If you respect others, they will respect you.

Comment

Working...
                                X