Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pat Shurmur hire is looking better and better for the Giants | Politi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by nycowns View Post
    What a disaster for the Colts.

    But this tells me Bill is retiring or moving on very soon.
    Yep. At least Mcdaniels hopes so. Because I doubt he'll ever get a HC offer again .

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by jomo View Post
      I agree with everything in the article but it is pre-mature to gloat in any way.
      It will all be about results soon. Only then will we know.
      Hopeful...
      We are a lot of wins away from gloating.
      “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post
        This screams that Luck won’t be ready this year if at all. Don’t count out Indy picking a qb at 3 or making a push for cousins. If Frank Reich is the guy look for them to add Foles. This is going to be very interesting.
        Wow . +1

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post
          Man, how quickly a room can change here! I distinctly remember a thread several weeks ago full of people grousing about how we had ended up with our third choice (Shurmur) and how the Giants' front office was so inept and clueless. I merely tried to suggest that it wasn't quite as bad as everyone was making it out to be. Nope. Shurmur was the third choice, and the Giants' FO was inept and clueless. Lol.
          LMAO !

          Comment


          • #35
            Do you think this is a vindictive Robert "Crafty" sticking it to the Colts for the Deflate Gate Saga ?

            Comment


            • #36
              Looking like Shurmur was the best man for the job, afterall.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                hate to sound like a hindsight fool but I had felt all along that neither McDaniels or Patricia were qualified to be the NYGs next HC. Def liked Shurmur or Wilkes better.
                McDaniels is a tool bag and Patricia IMO is way more of a crap shoot to be a good HC than Shurmur at this stage.
                Very happy we got Shurmur. Well happy now. Lets see what next season brings.
                Agree 100% wanted shurmer from the start just thought they needed a mature career coach,and agree word for word on your opinion of both New England assistants.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Shurmur hmmmm let us see. I say this because we are homers if we think Wentz and the Eagles will lay down and die. They look like the team set up for sustained success

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by syrup View Post
                    Shurmur hmmmm let us see. I say this because we are homers if we think Wentz and the Eagles will lay down and die. They look like the team set up for sustained success
                    More likely, they will not make the playoffs next year if history is any guide.
                    How 'bout them Cowboys!

                    The only recent example of a SB team being able to sustain "it" are the Patriots.
                    Players get hurt, players get satisfied, players get jealous of teammates making more dough, players hold out for more dough, teams need to make tough personnel decisions, agents whispering in their clients' ears to take the money wherever it comes from etc, etc. It all adds up to good news on balance for us. Let's hope they follow form.
                    Last edited by jomo; 02-07-2018, 06:31 PM.
                    No one remembers who came in second.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by jomo View Post

                      More likely, they will not make the playoffs next year if history is any guide.
                      How 'bout them Cowboys!

                      The only recent example of a SB team being able to sustain "it" are the Patriots.
                      Players get hurt, players get satisfied, players get jealous of teammates making more dough, players hold out for more dough, teams need to make tough personnel decisions, agents whispering in their clients' ears to take the money wherever it comes from etc, etc. It all adds up to good news on balance for us. Let's hope they follow form.
                      they have depth and I think 23 of 24 returning. Look, like it or not I think the Eagles will be the next dynasty coming up. They are scary good. Just being real!

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by syrup View Post

                        they have depth and I think 23 of 24 returning. Look, like it or not I think the Eagles will be the next dynasty coming up. They are scary good. Just being real!
                        I'll take the "won't make the playoffs next year" side of the bet.
                        I'll need odds........
                        Think back to how you felt about the Cowboys.......deep studly OL, with Zeke and Dak. We'll be fine.
                        No one remembers who came in second.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          They're the eagles. their next SB win is scheduled for 2076 since they win one every 58 years. I guess that'll be ok since we'll be celebrating our 300th birthday.
                          "It's nice to see arrogance humbled" - Wellington Mara

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by DandyDon View Post

                            You are confused about who posted what. If you go back a re-read the posts you will see what i posted.
                            Sorry, I meant to respond to barran21.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by speedman View Post

                              I guess you didn’t read the article. It had nothing to do with Barkley. You should read before you comment on it.
                              I wasn't commenting on the article. I was commenting on the following response by a poster:

                              "A source hahahahahaha, i have a many sources too, one of my sources said Giants are going to draft Barkley and give Eli contract extension, through 2021..."

                              I think I've said it before, speedman, but I'll say it again...if you don't like what I post, please feel free not to respond.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by syrup View Post
                                Shurmur hmmmm let us see. I say this because we are homers if we think Wentz and the Eagles will lay down and die. They look like the team set up for sustained success
                                Well, then...let's just go get our own Wentz and compete!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X