X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Giants' Eli Manning Canton-bound? 13 Hall of Famers weigh in

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

Excerpt: "Is Giants quarterback Eli Manning a Hall of Famer? It's a topic that generates strong opinions on both sides of the debate. Supporters point to Manning's two Super Bowl MVPs and his ranking in the top 10 in nearly every major career passing category. Detractors note Manning's lack of postseason success outside of the two Super Bowl runs and the absence of consistent elite performance.

Manning's Hall of Fame fate ultimately will be decided by a group of media members five years after he retires. But with the 2018 class announced on Saturday and so many Hall of Famers in Minneapolis for the Super Bowl last week, I polled 13 members of the exclusive fraternity about Manning's prospects.

Here are their answers to a simple question: Is Eli Manning a Hall of Famer?

QB Roger Staubach

Staubach played quarterback for the Cowboys from 1969-79. He was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1985.

I think he will when he finishes his career. I think hes on the road there," Staubach said. "Hes got another couple of years in him, though. I think hes going to bring the Giants back next year, actually. I feel hes going to get some of those injured receivers back and hes got a new coach. Eli is a winner. He had a rough year this past year, though.

QB Terry Bradshaw

Bradshaw played quarterback for the Steelers from 1970-83. He was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1989.

Yeah. Two Super Bowls in the Big Apple is pretty good," Bradshaw said. "Hes a great player. They dont like him up there, but I do.

QB Jim Kelly

Kelly players quarterback for the Bills from 1986-96. He was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2002.

In due time, yeah, I think he is," Kelly said." Read more...
    Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. MB Rule # 1

Here comes the Warner hate in 3,2,1......

Comment

Oh jeeze...

Comment

Originally posted by jay051 View Post
        oh its in there.

i love it when all these "devout christian" people can't rid themselves of jealousy and hate.

regardless of eli wins and losses he's currently in the top 10 in every statistical category, add two SB and two MVP and that should be more than enough to get into the HOF.

Comment

Originally posted by NYtoSanDiego View Post

oh its in there.

i love it when all these "devout christian" people can't rid themselves of jealousy and hate.

regardless of eli wins and losses he's currently in the top 10 in every statistical category, add two SB and two MVP and that should be more than enough to get into the HOF.
          Oh I agree that Eli will get in. I just find it funny that Warner is still on the fence with Eli getting in while the rest pretty much said yes.

Comment

oh its in there.

He's full of "jealousy and hate" because he's not sure if Eli is a Hall Of Famer?.

That is friggin crazy talk......
            Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Easy Hall of Famer, its not even debatable. Unless you have a really low football IQ like the poster above me.

Comment

Why would there be Warner Hate? Warner says he thinks Eli deserves to be in there.

Comment

Originally posted by nycowns View Post
                  Easy Hall of Famer, its not even debatable. Unless you have a really low football IQ like the poster above me.
                  To me, he is a Hall of Famer. I don't know how easy it will be for him, but to me, he is a Hall of Famer.

Comment

Damned right I'm above you......and I always will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy_Ribs View Post

Why would there be Warner Hate? Warner says he thinks Eli deserves to be in there.
                      He was on the fence because his regular season numbers dont reflect hof qbs. Honestly it started when Warner said that Eli wasnt a hall of famer yet right after he won his 2nd chip. I think some posters here are still using that against him.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Damned right I'm above you......and I always will be.
                        in post count, that's about it. Congrats.

Comment

in post count, that's about it. Congrats.
                          So you think that being on the fence about whether or not Eli Manning is a Hall Of Famer, is akin to "hate".

Is this right?

Comment

Why? Warner said he believes he will be.

Comment

oh its in there.

This post seems written with jealousy and hate.

I didn't read that in Warner's comments.

Anyone who's watched Eli play over his career knows why that question would even be asked in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                              X