No announcement yet.

Rookie of the Year Marshon Lattimore expects Giants' Eli Apple to 'bounce back'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rookie of the Year Marshon Lattimore expects Giants' Eli Apple to 'bounce back'

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

Excerpt: "Giants cornerback Eli Apple and Saints cornerback Marshon Lattimore were teammates at Ohio State from 2014-15. Both former Buckeyes were first-round picks, with Apple selected by the Giants with the 10th pick in the 2016 draft and Lattimore taken 11th overall in 2017.

That's where the similarities end in their NFL careers.

Apple showed promise during an inconsistent rookie year before a disastrous second season that was plagued by issues on and off the field. Meanwhile, Lattimore emerged as one of the top cornerbacks in the NFL, earning a Pro Bowl selection and the Defensive Rookie of the Year award.

Apple and Lattimore remain close, although their conversations typically aren't about football.

"That's my guy," Lattimore told NJ Advance Media on the red carpet of the NFL Honors awards show on Saturday. "I've been talking to him. We don't really talk about football too much. We try to stay away from that. He's good."" Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

well I will take his friend's word that he has a lot on his plate. I have heard the issue with his Mom;s illness etc.

The kid has the skills for sure. I like his game for the most part. HIs head and attitude are another thing. Hopefully he gets it worked out. If he doesnt then his NFL career will be short no matter which he team he is on.
    "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Hopefully he bounces to another team......someone out there values this guy.....trade him.

Comment

I love the line that the Giants are released from the guaranteed money cause of the suspension last year. That's a 4.3 million we would save if we cut him. Maybe we could trade him plus a 3rd or 4th rd pick for a 2nd rd pick. Even his rookie year wasn't that good at all.

Comment

I think it was the Denver game where he played like a man possessed; disruptive all over the field. Even that concerns me when a guy can go from so impactful to playing like he doesn't want to be there in just a few weeks. There is some major flaw there that I don't like.

That said, we are likely to keep him and so I am hoping that the new coaches can use a new set of keys with that young man's head.
          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
            I think it was the Denver game where he played like a man possessed; disruptive all over the field. Even that concerns me when a guy can go from so impactful to playing like he doesn't want to be there in just a few weeks. There is some major flaw there that I don't like.

That said, we are likely to keep him and so I am hoping that the new coaches can use a new set of keys with that young man's head.
            I actually think that there is no chance that he will be back.

I also think that there is a high probability that Flowers won't be back.

Shurmur has to change the locker room culture and these two guys are bad locker room guys whose play won't be missed at all.

Good riddance.

Comment

While Apple had a lot of family issues on his plate last season, that's not an excuse for him to act like a spoiled kid throwing a tantrum at Walmart and refuse to do his job. Hopefully, Apple will get his act together...on another team.
              One of these teams is not like the others

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Shurmur has to change the locker room culture and these two guys are bad locker room guys whose play won't be missed at all.

Good riddance.
                well, with both a new GM and new coach, they could try a reconciliation, but I think they will try to trade him as well. Don't see a straight on cutting.

Comment

Maybe, if he's closer to home (family). He can be motivated. Cleveland for a second round pick. ???

Comment

Well according to his own brother, his mother (their mother) was indeed the issue. So lets hope he matures into his own man this off season and cut the umbilical cord from his mother and comeback focused and block out those off the field distractions from his mother

Comment

Originally posted by fletch842 View Post

well, with both a new GM and new coach, they could try a reconciliation, but I think they will try to trade him as well. Don't see a straight on cutting.
                      Agreed. I look for them both to be traded around draft time.

Comment

I sincerely hope Apple does get things turned around. The issue is not that he is a bad person or a troublemaker, the issue is a maturity issue, and that he has people in in his life that are a cancer to him.

Not a bad guy, but he needs to make some hard decisions and grow up a little bit.

I think it is 50/50 that he stays here.

Personally, I would trade him out of here, or release him and let him go somewhere else. He's a CB, not a QB, and if he flourishes somewhere else, then so be it.

Give Shurmur a solid set of guys to start off with. I'd lean towards keeping Flowers, but only if he showed me that his attitude has changed.

Comment

Good riddance.
                          Add in the fact that we're not going to give Pugh the kind of money he'll be looking for, and...we'll be waving goodbye to three of our last 5 first-round draft picks.

And people are worried about us "wasting" our first-round draft pick on a quarterback. Lol.

Comment

Good riddance.
                            Strange because I had a good vibe about Flowers in his rookie year as he appeared to be a good teammate and a leader.
                            Last edited by Roosevelt; 02-08-2018, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

Strange because I head a good vibe about Flowers in his rookie year as he appeared to be a good teammate and a leader.
                              Same here

Comment

Working...
                              X