No announcement yet.

Rookie of the Year Marshon Lattimore expects Giants' Eli Apple to 'bounce back'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rookie of the Year Marshon Lattimore expects Giants' Eli Apple to 'bounce back'

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

Excerpt: "Giants cornerback Eli Apple and Saints cornerback Marshon Lattimore were teammates at Ohio State from 2014-15. Both former Buckeyes were first-round picks, with Apple selected by the Giants with the 10th pick in the 2016 draft and Lattimore taken 11th overall in 2017.

That's where the similarities end in their NFL careers.

Apple showed promise during an inconsistent rookie year before a disastrous second season that was plagued by issues on and off the field. Meanwhile, Lattimore emerged as one of the top cornerbacks in the NFL, earning a Pro Bowl selection and the Defensive Rookie of the Year award.

Apple and Lattimore remain close, although their conversations typically aren't about football.

"That's my guy," Lattimore told NJ Advance Media on the red carpet of the NFL Honors awards show on Saturday. "I've been talking to him. We don't really talk about football too much. We try to stay away from that. He's good."" Read more...

• Tito-Wooten
    replied
    Originally posted by BlueJayC View Post

I stand by my statement......SOMEONE out there values him......you have these terrible teams and organizations who annually make awful deals and never learn (i.e. - The Browns) and you also have these terrible teams who consistently trade for and sign trouble makers thinking they can straighten them out (i.e. - The Bengals).....one of these turd franchises/coaches/GM's will bite......
    someone out there might "value" him but they wouldn't give him much value. if you think we're getting more than a 5th round pick at best for this guy you're crazy. even great players rarely get traded for 1st round picks and a franchise QB was traded for a 2nd rounder this past season and just signed the richest deal for QB in NFL history. since a 5th round picks generally don't become more than backup caliber players we'd be better served to see if he can turn it around next season with a clean slate and a new coaching staff/GM. if not, then too bad. it seems we always draft underachieving or injury prone CBs for some reason, save for maybe corey webster but that was many years ago.

Leave a comment:

• That Guy Rich
    replied
    Originally posted by fifthavephil View Post
    Maybe, if he's closer to home (family). He can be motivated. Cleveland for a second round pick. ???
    Oh that would be great. Dare we dream. If we can get a 2nd rd pick for this miss of a 1st rd pick I'd jump at it in a N.Y. minute. Hope they could get something positive and ship him out.

Leave a comment:

• BlueJayC
    replied
    Originally posted by Tito-Wooten View Post

he has no value whatsoever after last season and how much of a head case he was. instead of giving him up for a 6th or 7th round pick we'd be better off seeing if he can get his s**t together next season with a new coaching staff.
    I stand by my statement......SOMEONE out there values him......you have these terrible teams and organizations who annually make awful deals and never learn (i.e. - The Browns) and you also have these terrible teams who consistently trade for and sign trouble makers thinking they can straighten them out (i.e. - The Bengals).....one of these turd franchises/coaches/GM's will bite......

Leave a comment:

• Nyer
    replied
    Let the rotten apple play for his beagles. Guarantee they straighten him out and if not then he can disrupt their locker room.

Leave a comment:

• moosedrool
    replied
    Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I'll let you in on a secret......No it didn't.
    Just go away. You are a legend in your own mind.

Leave a comment:

• Morehead State
    replied
    Originally posted by moosedrool View Post

It's because of people like you we don't have more people here adding quality content.

I know, that went completely over your head.
    I'll let you in on a secret......No it didn't.

Leave a comment:

• moosedrool
    replied

Understand you?......I'm afraid you're right.
    It's because of people like you we don't have more people here adding quality content.

I know, that went completely over your head.

Leave a comment:

• Morehead State
    replied

LOL.

Reese sucked.

You keep defending Reese.

Just go away Morehead. You will never understand.
    Understand you?......I'm afraid you're right.

Leave a comment:

• moosedrool
    replied

In know I know...you thought McAdoo was getting it done and should never have been fired.

I disagree.
    LOL.

Reese sucked.

You keep defending Reese.

Just go away Morehead. You will never understand.

Leave a comment:

• Morehead State
    replied

Typical Morehead. You will never get it.
    In know I know...you thought McAdoo was getting it done and should never have been fired.

I disagree.

Leave a comment:

• moosedrool
    replied

Better coaching?
    Typical Morehead. You will never get it.

Leave a comment:

• Morehead State
    replied
    Originally posted by Giantslb66 View Post
    Just ANOTHER wasted pick by that loser Jerry Reese. So glad he's gone!!!!
    That was harsh.

Leave a comment:

• Giantslb66
    replied
    Just ANOTHER wasted pick by that loser Jerry Reese. So glad he's gone!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Morehead State
    replied
    How do you bounce back from holding penalties, PI penalties, not turning your head around at the right time, and frequently giving up big plays?

Apple just doesn't have it and never will. Another huge mistake my Reese.
    Better coaching?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X