Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dave Gettleman adds ex-Panthers executive Mark Koncz to Giants personnel department

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dave Gettleman adds ex-Panthers executive Mark Koncz to Giants personnel department

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...rt_river_index

Excerpt: "When one of Dave Gettleman's first moves as Giants general manager was to fire the vice president of player evaluation, it prompted a question: How will the 2018 NFL Draft work?

The answer is starting to become clear.

While Gettleman will call the shots in the war room, he has hired former longtime Panthers executive Mark Koncz as a personnel consultant, according to multiple reports.

Koncz was with the Panthers from their inception in 1994 when he started in the ticket office until he was fired last July.

Koncz took over as the Panthers director of pro scouting in 2000 and held the job until he was promoted to director of player personnel by Gettleman near the end of his stint as the team's general manager (2013-17).

About one week after Gettleman was fired, successor Marty Hurney fired Koncz.

It is a critical offseason for the Giants, who figure to overhaul the roster through free agency and the draft after a 3-13 season marred by locker room problems. Koncz's resume suggests he will be an asset in free agent evaluations.

The Giants have about $22.2 million in cap space before making any cost-saving maneuvers and hold the No. 2 pick in the draft." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Thank you very much Roanoke.

Comment

Like the Herz article below that one. He really likes being a Giant.
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Hoo-ray Dave bringing in the Jew Crew( I can say this I'm Jewish) I give him a Mazel tov on that one.

Comment

Originally posted by bruiser1 View Post
          Hoo-ray Dave bringing in the Jew Crew( I can say this I'm Jewish) I give him a Mazel tov on that one.
          So does that mean, he'll draft Rosen?

Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

So does that mean, he'll draft Rosen?
            Wow ... Dumb and Dumber

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
              Like the Herz article below that one. He really likes being a Giant.
              He may not be the most physically gifted player but I love his heart and his story. I am pulling for him as I have every year. What great attitude, drive, and desire. Could you imagine if Apple had his heart? Go Mark!

GO GIANTS!!!!

Comment

So in 2005, at age 54, he repented and put his faith in Yeshua as the promised Messiah who died and rose again for the forgiveness of his sins, to give him eternal life.

Just sayin'.....

.So in 2005, at age 54, he repented and put his faith in Yeshua as the promised Messiah who died and rose again for the forgiveness of his sins, to give him eternal life.

“It’s given me such a sense of peace, a sense of calm that I didn’t have before,” Gettleman said.

https://billygraham.org/story/caroli...ace-in-christ/
                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Wow ... Dumb and Dumber
                  What? That was well played. What’s dumb is the PC world we are forced to live in by a bunch of FFs.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkSaint View Post

What? That was well played. What’s dumb is the PC world we are forced to live in by a bunch of FFs.
                    and Dumberer ....

Comment

and Dumberer ....
                      LMAO!!!!!Excellent

"I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

FF’s? Fine Fellows?

"I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

PC world we are "forced" to live in? The PC world is the biggest joke. I hear what you are saying but with all the blatant hate and violence the PC thing is just mode for people to think they being fair.
                          Its all bull**** actually....

Comment

and Dumberer ....
                            Irony.. If you were as smart as you are trying to be funny you would have used dumbest and not have anyone question your short bus level intellect.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post

FF’s? Fine Fellows?
                              With your response to a lame insult I'm not surprised that you're not even close to guessing what I said.

Comment

Working...
                              X