Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jomo View Post
    How can we release the "best RT in the league?"

I guess that quote will rank up there with all time Giants classics right next to "The talent is there on the OL. It is up to the coaches to bring it out.?
    lmao
    1927, 1934, 1938, 1956, 1986, 1990, 2007, 2011

Osi Umenyiora : " There's Nothing Like Being a NY GIANT ! "

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

I don't think he is. His cap hit is 100% ($4,579,184). To replace him on the roster will be his cap hit + what the team pays the player that replaces him. A negative against an already slim amount of space. Logically we are stuck with him for at least another season.
      We may finally get to see how he does on the right side. Man, it was frustrating last year when Ben and Jerry wouldn’t shuffle that line earlier in the season. I was dying to see how Flowers would perform there but that pride of JRs wouldn’t allow it.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
        How can we release the "best RT in the league?"

I guess that quote will rank up there with all time Giants classics right next to "The talent is there on the OL. It is up to the coaches to bring it out.?
        "It's not that we can't score....it's that we haven't scored...."
        -McAdoodle
        "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
        "No...I didn't."
        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

"It's not that we can't score....it's that we haven't scored...."
          -McAdoodle
          Legend
          No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyer View Post

We may finally get to see how he does on the right side. Man, it was frustrating last year when Ben and Jerry wouldn’t shuffle that line earlier in the season. I was dying to see how Flowers would perform there but that pride of JRs wouldn’t allow it.
            I felt the same way.
            There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

Bobby Hart will never play another down in the NFL.
              "It's nice to see arrogance humbled" - Wellington Mara

Comment

Originally posted by pathas View Post
                Bobby Hart will never play another down in the NFL.
                Yeah if I was a betting man I'd put the farm on that as well. Word is out that he refused to play week 17 and every tape there is on the kid shows him being the human personification of a turnstile. The (very few) people on this board that still supported Reese up until the end tried to argue it was the coaching staff not being able to get the best out of the players or put them in a position to succeed but if that is the case why have so many of these failed draft picks either left football after their stint with the Giants or languished on the bench or the practice squad?

I couldn't find the video online but on Finding Giants I remember when they drafted Andre Williams they acted like it was a big coup and even considered trading up to grab him because they felt he was going to be such a great NFL player. Since he left here he's had like 20 carries total for the Chargers and spent some time on the practice squad. I realize 4th round picks are a crapshoot but it was just funny to watch them being 100% sure of the fact that this was a huge steal and that he was going to be a great player. Honestly they shouldn't have stopped with just Reese and Ross. Every member of the scouting department should have been analyzed to see if they were truly a good judge of talent and how it translates to the NFL level.

Comment

Working...
                X