the best receiver we'ver ever had.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the best receiver we'ver ever had.

What a shame the injuries took him too soon. He was better than Plax, Toomer, Cruz, and yes even Odell. OBJ may make some more circus catches but he would never take the beatings that Nicks took. Watch this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Glyscx2J54

Before his leg and foot injuries Hakeem Nicks was a great player. He was the best WR we ever had..........Until Odell came.
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
      Before his leg and foot injuries Hakeem Nicks was a great player. He was the best WR we ever had..........Until Odell came.
      Odell obviously has the potential, but Nicks didn't drop the ball like Odell does.

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post

Odell obviously has the potential, but Nicks didn't drop the ball like Odell does.
        You are talking to the #1 fan of Hakeem Nicks. But Odell has a chance to be one of the best WR's of all time. I've never seen a WR as un-coverable as Odell Beckham.

Comment

Exactly.

I have never seen a player drop off as quickly as Nicks at such a young age ... I know he had a bunch of leg injuries, but none of them were catastrophic (no ACLís, Achilles, etc.). Not the type of injuries that usually end careers.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Exactly.

I have never seen a player drop off as quickly as Nicks at such a young age ... I know he had a bunch of leg injuries, but none of them were catastrophic (no ACLís, Achilles, etc.). Not the type of injuries that usually end careers.
            Whatever it was...he lost his burst. I think it was an accumulation of several injuries. His injuries became chronic.

Comment

Whatever it was...he lost his burst. I think it was an accumulation of several injuries. His injuries became chronic.
              Yeah, it was a shame. Terrific player who should have been around a lot longer.

No championship in 2011 without him

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Yeah, it was a shame. Terrific player who should have been around a lot longer.

No championship in 2011 without him
                How about that play he split the Atlanta secondary in the playoffs? One of the most dynamic plays I ever saw a WR make.
                God he was beautiful when he was healthy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFWj_2A_gcQ

Comment

How about that play he split the Atlanta secondary in the playoffs? One of the most dynamic plays I ever saw a WR make.
                  God he was beautiful when he was healthy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFWj_2A_gcQ
                  I dont know any receiver who had a better playoff run than Nicks outside of Fitz in the history of the NFL. Too bad because that was his only true playoff experience.

Huge Nicks fan myself but Odell right now Imo is the greatest wide receiver the Giants ever had.

Comment

Iíve never seen anyone destroy a CB the way he did to Talib. And Talib is a good corner who shadows other teams #1. His best career game turned out to be the turning point of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
                      Iíve never seen anyone destroy a CB the way he did to Talib. And Talib is a good corner who shadows other teams #1. His best career game turned out to be the turning point of his career.
                      And they had to pick him up off the field after every play...then went back and made another play. That was one gutsy performance....on one leg.

Comment

Dude was a beast. I remember a Green Bay game where he beat Woodson for a TD, I believe in the redzone and Woodson acknowledge him after it. Class act.

Comment

I almost forgot how solid he played.

Comment

Odell obviously.

Comment

Cruz 2011-14 was also good.

Comment

Working...
                              X