Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the best receiver we'ver ever had.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by R2Z2 View Post

    Listen here my triggered little psychopath, you donít get to come on an open forum and ask for things to be muted because it was too much for your fragile psyche. Seek validation elsewhere cupcake.
    You're embarrassing and learn what a mute button is

    Comment


    • Originally posted by tdawg1413 View Post

      I guess these guys never saw Jerry Rice's first playoff game. LOL, its Odell and it is not close in the slightest. But hey...Odell went on a boat!!!!! How dare he!!!!
      I can't comprehend it man. I get it to a point but people take it way overboard.

      Comment


      • Had OBJ played all 16 games in 2017, he would be #2 on the Giants all time WR list in yds & close to being #1 in TD recs, all this in just 4 seasons in the NFL. He's 16 TDs shy of tying Toomer for career rec TDs & needs just 1021 yds to pass Frank Gifford for #2 in rec yds. So by the end of 2018 season he will be #2 all time on the Giants list in rec yards & be a few TDs shy of surpassing Toomer for most rec TDs by a Giants WR.

        His 1 bad playoff game does not negate his accomplishments despite having no other effective WRs in his 1st 4 yrs in the NFL. Nicks had Cruz/Manningham to allow one on one coverage, OBJ deals with the 2 high concept & the Giants had to resort to the slant play as the best way to get the ball to OBJ so he can take it to the house because the opposing Ds take away the over the top stuff. Another reason for that, non existent run game since OBJ has been here. Draft Barkley & fix the OL & you will see OBJ have a monster yr in 2018.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post
          Had OBJ played all 16 games in 2017, he would be #2 on the Giants all time WR list in yds & close to being #1 in TD recs, all this in just 4 seasons in the NFL. He's 16 TDs shy of tying Toomer for career rec TDs & needs just 1021 yds to pass Frank Gifford for #2 in rec yds. So by the end of 2018 season he will be #2 all time on the Giants list in rec yards & be a few TDs shy of surpassing Toomer for most rec TDs by a Giants WR.

          His 1 bad playoff game does not negate his accomplishments despite having no other effective WRs in his 1st 4 yrs in the NFL. Nicks had Cruz/Manningham to allow one on one coverage, OBJ deals with the 2 high concept & the Giants had to resort to the slant play as the best way to get the ball to OBJ so he can take it to the house because the opposing Ds take away the over the top stuff. Another reason for that, non existent run game since OBJ has been here. Draft Barkley & fix the OL & you will see OBJ have a monster yr in 2018.
          OBJ is definitely our greatest WR ever. There is a reasonable argument as to who is #2.
          In my opinion it's Hakeem Nicks. I base that strictly on his ability and productivity on the field. Amani played a lot longer as his career was not cut short with injury.
          To me Nicks at his best was better than Amani at his best...Just more explosive and dangerous. Love them both though.
          Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by nycowns View Post

            You're embarrassing and learn what a mute button is.
            Since this is a text based forum, there is no sound to mute. So glad you are around to educate us, please carry on.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by nycowns View Post
              WOW ^^^ look at these responses. I think they're serious. oh my
              Cupcake, I think most would agree OBJ is the best receiver this team has seen. Skill set wise there is nobody on his level. However there are a lot of other things that factor in. He has some maturing to do and I honestly worry about his health. Staying healthy is a skill actually cupcake. Imo nicks was every bit as productive as OBj in his short time.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

                OBJ is definitely our greatest WR ever. There is a reasonable argument as to who is #2.
                In my opinion it's Hakeem Nicks. I base that strictly on his ability and productivity on the field. Amani played a lot longer as his career was not cut short with injury.
                To me Nicks at his best was better than Amani at his best...Just more explosive and dangerous. Love them both though.
                My top 3 would be:
                OBJ
                Nicks
                Toomer

                Woulda had Plax in top 3 but he shot our 2008 SB title down, heck with him!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by R2Z2 View Post

                  Listen here my triggered little psychopath, you donít get to come on an open forum and ask for things to be muted because it was too much for your fragile psyche. Seek validation elsewhere cupcake.
                  I don't know who you are but...............I'm impressed.

                  this was a positive and enjoyable thread, honoring a great Giants player.
                  Why on earth do a few folks have to take a dump on it?

                  Anyway good for you and your very appropriate candor.
                  Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

                    OBJ is definitely our greatest WR ever. There is a reasonable argument as to who is #2.
                    In my opinion it's Hakeem Nicks. I base that strictly on his ability and productivity on the field. Amani played a lot longer as his career was not cut short with injury.
                    To me Nicks at his best was better than Amani at his best...Just more explosive and dangerous. Love them both though.
                    Lionel Manuel was very good as well top imo. He was not as good as nicks or toomer but he was excellent Imo on a run first offense. He was taken out against the saints by one of the dirtiest plays Iíve ever seen. He was never the same imo.

                    Comment


                    • To date OBJ may be the most talented and best WR on a given day for the Giants, but it is hard to say he is the greatest Giant WR. Because he has had little impact on the success of the team. Since he has been here, overall the Giants have been a fairly poor team. I'm not saying it is his fault, far from it; but he hasn't had an impact that has amounted to anything. I think to be considered the greatest of all time you have to be part of at least one successful team. Otherwise you are just a big fish in a small pond.

                      But most people these days it seems prefer highlight reels, fantasy points, and madden ratings to actual wins; maybe I am just old fashioned.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by R2Z2 View Post

                        Cupcake, I think most would agree OBJ is the best receiver this team has seen. Skill set wise there is nobody on his level. However there are a lot of other things that factor in. He has some maturing to do and I honestly worry about his health. Staying healthy is a skill actually cupcake. Imo nicks was every bit as productive as OBj in his short time.
                        Nicks was hurt all the time LMAO and no he wasn't by any metric you use nearly as productive as Beckham ever. Delete your account.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                          To date OBJ may be the most talented and best WR on a given day for the Giants, but it is hard to say he is the greatest Giant WR. Because he has had little impact on the success of the team. Since he has been here, overall the Giants have been a fairly poor team. I'm not saying it is his fault, far from it; but he hasn't had an impact that has amounted to anything. I think to be considered the greatest of all time you have to be part of at least one successful team. Otherwise you are just a big fish in a small pond.

                          But most people these days it seems prefer highlight reels, fantasy points, and madden ratings to actual wins; maybe I am just old fashioned.
                          Again this is selective memory to fit an agenda. Nicks went to the playoffs ONCE here.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by jmike View Post
                            To date OBJ may be the most talented and best WR on a given day for the Giants, but it is hard to say he is the greatest Giant WR. Because he has had little impact on the success of the team. Since he has been here, overall the Giants have been a fairly poor team. I'm not saying it is his fault, far from it; but he hasn't had an impact that has amounted to anything. I think to be considered the greatest of all time you have to be part of at least one successful team. Otherwise you are just a big fish in a small pond.

                            But most people these days it seems prefer highlight reels, fantasy points, and madden ratings to actual wins; maybe I am just old fashioned.
                            Hard to hang a lack of wins on a WR. They are still role players. In the long run, a QB has some direct responsibility for wins and losses, given their role on the field.
                            Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by nycowns View Post

                              Again this is selective memory to fit an agenda. Nicks went to the playoffs ONCE here.
                              And it was an historical run. The greatest of all time for a team that won the SB.
                              Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

                              Comment


                              • There's been no run game in NY during OBJ's 4yrs here. Nicks had BJ/AB along with Cruz/Manningham.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X