Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the best receiver we'ver ever had.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sadly, when it comes to Giants WRs/TEs, their careers seem to not last too long in NY. Toomer was the longest tenured Giants WR playing in 190 games. players like Nicks, Cruz, Manningham, Plax, Steve Smith, played 6 or less yrs in NY. Our 2 best TEs ever, Bavaro/Shockey played 5 yrs in NY. Majority got injured & that was the reason, others didn't get re-signed after their rookie contracts were up. Be nice if this team could find some stability at those positions where the same core group of WRs/TEs stay together more than 3-4 yrs. Very rare for 2 WRs to play their entire careers on 1 team & become HOFers like Swann/Stallworth who were both drafted in the 74' draft. Or like Dallas who had Drew Pearson/Tony Hill. The 80s Chargers with Jefferson/Joiner/Winslow.

    Giants need to get a WR that can take the pressure off OBJ & be a WR the opposing DC has to worry about as well, cuz as of right now, OBJ is really the only threat in the passing game that opposing DCs lose sleep over. Contain OBJ, & being that we can't run worth a damn, Giants lose the game. That needs to change ASAP because Sheppard is not someone opposing Ds lose sleep over.

    Last edited by Parademon1; 02-12-2018, 09:44 PM.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post
      Sadly, when it comes to Giants WRs/TEs, their careers seem to not last too long in NY. Toomer was the longest tenured Giants WR playing in 190 games. players like Nicks, Cruz, Manningham, Plax, Steve Smith, played 6 or less yrs in NY. Our 2 best TEs ever, Bavaro/Shockey played 5 yrs in NY. Majority got injured & that was the reason, others didn't get re-signed after their rookie contracts were up. Be nice if this team could find some stability at those positions where the same core group of WRs/TEs stay together more than 3-4 yrs. Very rare for 2 WRs to play their entire careers on 1 team & become HOFers like Swann/Stallworth who were both drafted in the 74' draft. Or like Dallas who had Drew Pearson/Tony Hill. The 80s Chargers with Jefferson/Joiner/Winslow.

      Giants need to get a WR that can take the pressure off OBJ & be a WR the opposing DC has to worry about as well, cuz as of right now, OBJ is really the only threat in the passing game that opposing DCs lose sleep over. Contain OBJ, & being that we can't run worth a damn, Giants lose the game. That needs to change ASAP because Sheppard is not someone opposing Ds lose sleep over.
      ODB, Shepard and Engram......We have a lot of weapons in the passing game. Just keep 'em healthy.
      Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

      Comment


      • OBJ getting KOed for the yr in week 5 put that potentially potent trio on hold, draft Barkley, fix the OL via FA/Draft & with those 3 in the passing game & we could be a very scary O in 18' as Eli would be the #1 beneficiary of a potent run game, not to mention that Barkley can also catch outta the backfield. I really don't see how any DC could effectively game plan for the Giants if Barkley is a Giant. It'll be like having to choose your poison.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by nycowns View Post

          I think you're confused, by your posts I bet you're easily and often confused so no worries. move on.
          Whatever, mute means to silence, if you are hearing noises in your head I can't help you.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post
            OBJ getting KOed for the yr in week 5 put that potentially potent trio on hold, draft Barkley, fix the OL via FA/Draft & with those 3 in the passing game & we could be a very scary O in 18' as Eli would be the #1 beneficiary of a potent run game, not to mention that Barkley can also catch outta the backfield. I really don't see how any DC could effectively game plan for the Giants if Barkley is a Giant. It'll be like having to choose your poison.
            And how and when will we find our future QB?
            Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

            Comment


            • In all seriousness, I really am not thinking of 2020 right now, I'm thinking of this team possibly fixing their OL/run game & some parts on D this off season & contending for a damn SB in the next 2 yrs. Do some of you really think that even if we can fix the OL this yr via FA/Draft, that Gallman/Darkwa/Perkins are the answer at RB & will make opposing DCs stay up late at night worrying about them? We need a RB the likes of Tiki barber who made opposing DCs sweat! So we draft a QB #2 , he holds the clipboard for 2 yrs while we have no run game & go 6-10 the next 2 yrs? That'll make some of you happy? Oh,, but we "may" have the future franchise QB starting in 2020. Barkley is a once in a decade type RB that can change the course of a game from day 1 while a rookie QB may take a few yrs to maybe turn out good. I guarantee you that Philly/Dallas/Wash are praying we don't draft Barkley. That we draft a QB won't worry them as much because there is no guarantee he will be the one to replace Eli & be the next franchise QB. Give Webb the reigns in 2020. At least he'll have a RB to take the pressure off him having to win the game on his own.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

                And how and when will we find our future QB?
                Theyíll have to draft or sign someone. Or roll with Webb. Similar to what other teams will eventually have to do like the pats, steelers, chargers etc.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post
                  In all seriousness, I really am not thinking of 2020 right now, I'm thinking of this team possibly fixing their OL/run game & some parts on D this off season & contending for a damn SB in the next 2 yrs. Do some of you really think that even if we can fix the OL this yr via FA/Draft, that Gallman/Darkwa/Perkins are the answer at RB & will make opposing DCs stay up late at night worrying about them? We need a RB the likes of Tiki barber who made opposing DCs sweat! So we draft a QB #2 , he holds the clipboard for 2 yrs while we have no run game & go 6-10 the next 2 yrs? That'll make some of you happy? Oh,, but we "may" have the future franchise QB starting in 2020. Barkley is a once in a decade type RB that can change the course of a game from day 1 while a rookie QB may take a few yrs to maybe turn out good. I guarantee you that Philly/Dallas/Wash are praying we don't draft Barkley. That we draft a QB won't worry them as much because there is no guarantee he will be the one to replace Eli & be the next franchise QB. Give Webb the reigns in 2020. At least he'll have a RB to take the pressure off him having to win the game on his own.
                  The window for winning a SB with Eli has closed. Those who donít realize that are delusional.

                  I know that you donít care about 2020, but I hope to hell that our FO is looking beyond the next 2 years.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

                    The window for winning a SB with Eli has closed. Those who donít realize that are delusional.

                    I know that you donít care about 2020, but I hope to hell that our FO is looking beyond the next 2 years.
                    You know what is delusional(your word) anyone that thinks it was possible to win with what Jerry Reese didn't do for this team,a blind man knew we needed an O line same can be said for our Defense ,we were never as good as the 11-5 record said we were but Reese paid no attention and now here we are.Add in a little **** head coach that throws his own QB under the bus even after he admits he was getting the plays in late to the QB, and now want to blame Eli.No, those are the people that are "delusional".

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by G1.. View Post
                      You know what is delusional(your word) anyone that thinks it was possible to win with what Jerry Reese didn't do for this team,a blind man knew we needed an O line same can be said for our Defense ,we were never as good as the 11-5 record said we were but Reese paid no attention and now here we are.Add in a little **** head coach that throws his own QB under the bus even after he admits he was getting the plays in late to the QB, and now want to blame Eli.No, those are the people that are "delusional".
                      What does any of that have to do with the window for this team winning a SB with Eli moving forward?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

                        The window for winning a SB with Eli has closed. Those who donít realize that are delusional.

                        I know that you donít care about 2020, but I hope to hell that our FO is looking beyond the next 2 years.
                        What utter BS, the window hasn't closed, we just got new windows. In this league of mediocrity....I mean...parity, a couple of changes will get you to the play-offs, I couple of bad calls....I mean..... clutch plays will get you to the Super Bowl and then on any given Sunday the officials can hand you...I mean..... any team can beat another.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jmike View Post

                          What utter BS, the window hasn't closed, we just got new windows. In this league of mediocrity....I mean...parity, a couple of changes will get you to the play-offs, I couple of bad calls....I mean..... clutch plays will get you to the Super Bowl and then on any given Sunday the officials can hand you...I mean..... any team can beat another.
                          We are a 3-13 team with a ton of holes. We are not winning the SB next year. It would be a miracle to make the playoffs.

                          That means that the hope is that we make a run in 2019 with a 39 year old QB who hasnít played at an elite level in years?

                          That seems to be wishful thinking to the point of delusion

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

                            We are a 3-13 team with a ton of holes. We are not winning the SB next year. It would be a miracle to make the playoffs.

                            That means that the hope is that we make a run in 2019 with a 39 year old QB who hasnít played at an elite level in years?

                            That seems to be wishful thinking to the point of delusion
                            Then you haven't been paying attention, a team going from last place to first place in their division happens nearly every year these days. Saying that the Giants window has closed means you haven't actually payed much attention to the NFL since the early 90s.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post

                              Theyíll have to draft or sign someone. Or roll with Webb. Similar to what other teams will eventually have to do like the pats, steelers, chargers etc.
                              The Pats, Steelers and Chargers are completely ****ed when their QB's leave. We have a chance not to have to have another season like we just had.

                              To pass on that chance seems a bad move to me.
                              Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by G1.. View Post
                                You know what is delusional(your word) anyone that thinks it was possible to win with what Jerry Reese didn't do for this team,a blind man knew we needed an O line same can be said for our Defense ,we were never as good as the 11-5 record said we were but Reese paid no attention and now here we are.Add in a little **** head coach that throws his own QB under the bus even after he admits he was getting the plays in late to the QB, and now want to blame Eli.No, those are the people that are "delusional".
                                What is this rant all about?

                                When someone mentions the "window is closed (or closing)" they are referencing the future of the team. All you did was rant and rave about the past. It's completely irrelevant.

                                And the poster that you quoted never blamed Eli for anything. All he did was merely mention that the team isn't winning a SB with Eli at the helm. And I agree. Eli has regressed the last couple of seasons - which is normal for a QB of his age.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X