Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by buried_in_snow View Post

What is this rant all about?

When someone mentions the "window is closed (or closing)" they are referencing the future of the team. All you did was rant and rave about the past. It's completely irrelevant.

And the poster that you quoted never blamed Eli for anything. All he did was merely mention that the team isn't winning a SB with Eli at the helm. And I agree. Eli has regressed the last couple of seasons - which is normal for a QB of his age.
    The post was self explanatory.His opinion is as yours and that is not correct sighting the reasons I gave,

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

What does any of that have to do with the window for this team winning a SB with Eli moving forward?
      Simply it explains why you're wrong,

Comment

• Originally posted by G1.. View Post
        Simply it explains why you're wrong,
        Good analysis

Comment

Good analysis
          Many thought so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post
            I do remember the 1980 9ers being 6-10 & going 13-3 in 81' & winning the SB, that's one example of a team doing a complete 1 yr turnaround. Who had them as SB favs to win it all in 81'?
            So, a team with twice as many wins as the '17 Giants.

Oh, and...a future-HOF quarterback on the FRONT-end of his career.

Comment

Many thought so.
              Who, exactly?

Comment

• The best WR we've ever had was Amani Toomer. Facts. Dude invented the toe drag catch (not really but he was the supreme guru at it. The GOAT at toe drag catches on the sideline).

Comment

• One of the nice things about Nicks is he was very humble and professional. Even in the down year he had no TD catches he handled himself well.
                  Just remember Kevin Love makes more money then OBJ, and OBJ also dunks better.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay051 View Post

Funny thing is that if we had both Nicks and Cruz healthy going into the 2014 season then we most likely miss out on drafting OBJ or any of those great receivers from that draft class.
                    True and I agree with people that are saying OBJ is the best WR the Giants ever had but there is one point i think most will agree on. That being Cruz Nicks and Manningham in 11 as a unit was possibly the best Core we ever had.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay051 View Post

I was more confident in them beating the 11 Ravens than the Pats.
                      So was I. I wouldn't have worried much at all about Baltimore in '11. The Patriots were a greater concern for me.
                      It is when one is working within limits, that the master begins to reveal himself.

Comment

The post was self explanatory.His opinion is as yours and that is not correct sighting the reasons I gave,
                        Your response literally has/had nothing to do with his statement.

It's really not that hard to understand.

Comment

Many thought so.
                          Name one.

Comment

So you want to make decisions this year based upon the infinitesimal possibility that we will be the first team ever to go from 3-13 to SB champs?

Ok
                            Not sure what you mean. You make decisions that are in the best interest of the team for both the current season and the future. These things are not mutually exclusive. Good decisions are made when you take both into consideration. Think about how you make your own decisions, do you only factor one or the other?

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

You really want to draft a RB at #2 when our future franchise QB could be there?
                              I just don't get it. RB's have very short NFL careers with few exceptions. Franchise QB's can last 15 years or more and have significantly more impact on the football team.

I just don't understand the logic here.
                              I agree, the only reason to do that is if your scouts do not believe in any of the QBs.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmike View Post

I agree, the only reason to do that is if your scouts do not believe in any of the QBs.
                                Based upon this, post it seems like we are in agreement.

What I was trying to communicate (obviously not effectively) was that we should not pass up a QB who we have rated as a franchise, championship caliber QB, because we want to instead use the pick to try to fortify for another run with Eli at the helm.

If they don't like the QB's there at #2, I have no problem with them not taking a QB.

Comment

Working...
                                X