Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elidagoat713 View Post
    Cruz 2011-14 was also good.
    Cruz 2011 was insane. People forget that despite is being the statistical best season ever by a WR, he barely played for the 1st 3 games because he was behind Hixon and Stokely on the depth chart. It took Dominik Hixon and Brandon Stokely getting hurt before the coaches let Cruz onto the field and he tore up the league.
    sigpic

Comment

Amani Toomer without a doubt.
      There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

Mark Bavaro.

Comment

Wow. I knew he was good but I forgot how good. He made some big boy catches.

Comment

He might be my favourite Giant of the last 15 years. Played hurt, played his best in the biggest games, great attitude and a lot of fun to watch.

Cruz was the one that got all the glory in those years but Nicks was the X for a reason. Very physical and tough. A joy to watch a receiver so well suited to the O the Giants ran in those years.

IMO there was not a better player on offence for the Giants than Hakeem Nicks in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Exactly.

I have never seen a player drop off as quickly as Nicks at such a young age ... I know he had a bunch of leg injuries, but none of them were catastrophic (no ACL’s, Achilles, etc.). Not the type of injuries that usually end careers.
              Actually he had a VERY serious "injury". He had Compartment Syndrome. That can be catastrophic. Look it up. See photos of what needs to be done to relieve the incredible pressure that defines this condition. I can practically guarantee you it destroyed the muscle in the calf enough to make it simply incapable of preforming as it once did.
              sigpic

Comment

Odell is the best WR this team has ever seen. Bar none.

If you want to play the 100% healthy game, Id add Victor Cruz to the mix too. His 2011 was magical. One of the best years a WR ever had IMO. And he ended it with a SB win.

I guess we have to wait though to see if Odell can play in the playoffs. So far he is a failure.

Comment

Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post
                  What a shame the injuries took him too soon. He was better than Plax, Toomer, Cruz, and yes even Odell. OBJ may make some more circus catches but he would never take the beatings that Nicks took. Watch this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Glyscx2J54
                  You and everyone knows this isn’t true.
                  And when does taking”beatings” a good thing? Barry Sanders never took a beating, does that mean Earl Campbell is better than him?

Let’s just go by stats for a second, Nicks never had seasons like Beckham. So how was the potential of Nicks better again?

Oh, and if we’re going by sheer potential, Plaxico was better. Burress was 6’ 6” strong and could run. On the field when in his prime and was mentally focused no defensive back could stop him. Just ask Al Harris..

Comment

Originally posted by keyofgmen View Post

Actually he had a VERY serious "injury". He had Compartment Syndrome. That can be catastrophic. Look it up. See photos of what needs to be done to relieve the incredible pressure that defines this condition. I can practically guarantee you it destroyed the muscle in the calf enough to make it simply incapable of preforming as it once did.
                    Has not traditionally been a career ending injury.

Comment

Nicks was one of my favorites at the time.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE9I9Exn8Lg
                        There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post
                          Oh, and if we’re going by sheer potential, Plaxico was better. Burress was 6’ 6” strong and could run. On the field when in his prime and was mentally focused no defensive back could stop him. Just ask Al Harris..
                          When Nicks was “on” he was the most dominant receiver this franchise has ever had until Beckham. Way more dominant than Plaxico.

The Giants moved on to the playoffs in the 2011 season where Nicks played an essential role throughout the entire postseason. In the Wild Card Round against the Atlanta Falcons, Nicks recorded six receptions for 115 yards and two touchdowns in the 24-2 victory. The following week against the top seeded 15-1 Green Bay Packers, Nicks hauled in seven catches for 165 yards and two touchdowns, including a 37-yard Hail Mary reception at the end of the first half. In Super Bowl XLVI between the New York Giants and New England Patriots, Nicks was the leading receiver for the game with 10 receptions for 109 yards to help secure a 21-17 New York Giants victory.
                          Remember for the SB in particular B.B. was totally sold out on trying to stop Nicks and Cruz. Still got 10 balls for over 100 yards.

He was absolutely dominant and it will be tough for even Odell to put up a postseason stretch like that. Beckham definitely has more han enough talent but Nicks went OFF in 2011 postseason.
                          Last edited by TE88; 02-10-2018, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Nice thread!!!! Me do I miss #88 Nicks was a beast! Still rock my Nicks jerz...Remember the hands And let's not forget Mario...what ever happened to him?
                            GMEN

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                              Before his leg and foot injuries Hakeem Nicks was a great player. He was the best WR we ever had..........Until Odell came.
                              Nicks was a beast it is sad those injuries took his explosiveness away,I was at his last great game against Tampa when Talib stomped his calf and ankle and might of hurt his foot again on the same play,he had like 240 yards that day and just killed anyone they put on him,he was the kind of weapon that all good QBs need never drop a ball and was always open even when he wasn't he would win on contested throws 90% of the time.

Comment

Nicks was great, no question. I'd personally put him behind Beckham and Burress. I know Plax's physical size was a huge part of who he was, but he was dominant. I truly believe his leg shot derailed us from repeating as SB champs. Without him, stopping the Giants O was child's play for Jim Johnson. He never had an answer for Burress.
                                sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

Comment

Working...
                                X