Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the best receiver we'ver ever had.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    I think the one thing that separates him from Plaxico (who I absolutely love) is that Plaxico tended to catch the ball and go down. Nicks considered the catch, the beginning of the play. It seemed he was always looking to score once he caught the ball.
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

    Comment


    • #32
      20th Rnd Draft pik, Homer Jones gotta be in the conversation kiddies

      (at 1:18} https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7kuBQhjWQg

      When you consider Jones played on some horrible offensive teams himself & Bob Tucker did very well.
      Last edited by jerseyrattler; 02-10-2018, 10:12 AM.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        Before his leg and foot injuries Hakeem Nicks was a great player. He was the best WR we ever had..........Until Odell came.
        Someone needs to teach you what the word"ever" means. The Giants , the NY Giants had many great receivers. Homer Jones, Mark Bavaro, Joe Morrison,Toomer,Nicks ,Shockey, Kyle Rote,Del Shofner,Bob Tucker ,Howard Cross,Mark Ingram,McConkey,Ike Hillard,Steven Baker....etc.


        Here this should help.....................


        https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl...-roster?pos=WR


        Comment


        • #34
          Nicks was great and thanks for the video. Lots of talk about how big OBJ's hands are, Nicks had to have specially made gloves for his mitts....Better hands than Odell in my book
          '

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
            I think the one thing that separates him from Plaxico (who I absolutely love) is that Plaxico tended to catch the ball and go down. Nicks considered the catch, the beginning of the play. It seemed he was always looking to score once he caught the ball.
            Yep and his YPC reflects that

            Comment


            • #36
              I don't feel he was the greatest WR we ever had but I sure wish he would have remained healthy. Him and Cruz were some duo together. I loved watching them play. I felt he was more dangerous than Cruz was.

              Comment


              • #37
                All I see are a bunch of poorly thrown passes from Eli where Nicks bailed him out with ridiculous grabs.
                sigpic

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by G1.. View Post

                  Someone needs to teach you what the word"ever" means. The Giants , the NY Giants had many great receivers. Homer Jones, Mark Bavaro, Joe Morrison,Toomer,Nicks ,Shockey, Kyle Rote,Del Shofner,Bob Tucker ,Howard Cross,Mark Ingram,McConkey,Ike Hillard,Steven Baker....etc.


                  Here this should help.....................


                  https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl...-roster?pos=WR

                  First of all you named four TE's and a RB. I've seen every one of those guys play except Kyle Rote and Del Shofner.
                  Hakeem Nicks, in my opinion is a better WR (or pass catcher) than any of those guys. until Odell came along, no Giants WR in team history had as many yards and TD's in his first 4 years than Hakeem Nicks.

                  if you are trying to suggest that Stephan Baker, Mark Ingram or Phil McKonkey were even close to the player that Hakeem Nicks was then that's fine.
                  I couldn't possibly disagree more.

                  And BTW...this is a positive thread. Take your negative BS somewhere else.
                  Last edited by Morehead State; 02-10-2018, 11:02 AM.
                  Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post
                    I don't feel he was the greatest WR we ever had but I sure wish he would have remained healthy. Him and Cruz were some duo together. I loved watching them play. I felt he was more dangerous than Cruz was.
                    You could argue that Cruz doesn't come close to having that magical season in 11 without Nicks being there on the opposite side. The best duo we've had till date.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by jay051 View Post

                      You could argue that Cruz doesn't come close to having that magical season in 11 without Nicks being there on the opposite side. The best duo we've had till date.
                      I love Cruz but he was a slot guy. He was a great one of course for a couple years. But he wasn't able to beat press coverage well at all. But that 99 yard catch was historic and essentially turned that season completely.
                      Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        I think the one thing that separates him from Plaxico (who I absolutely love) is that Plaxico tended to catch the ball and go down. Nicks considered the catch, the beginning of the play. It seemed he was always looking to score once he caught the ball.
                        I'd say 11' doesn't happen without Nicks. 07's doesn't happen without Plax. There's no wrong answer to the question. Plax is simply my preference. I think many Giants fan hold on to some "butt hurtness" about Plax shooting himself in 08'. At the time sure, but I'm long over it. It's kind of like the guys who forget how dynamic Tiki was because they don't like his media actions. There's another guy who should get nothing but appreciation posts at this time. I still love the quote from the SB DVD for XLII from one of the Packers radio guys: "Al Harris must be cold out there, because he's getting undressed by Plaxico Burress". And that dude was an All Pro(supposedly).
                        sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

                          First of all you named four TE's and a RB. I've seen every one of those guys play except Kyle Rote and Del Shofner.
                          Hakeem Nicks, in my opinion is a better WR (or pass catcher) than any of those guys. until Odell came along, no Giants WR in team history had as many yards and TD's in his first 4 years than Hakeem Nicks.

                          if you are trying to suggest that Stephan Baker, Mark Ingram or Phil McKonkey were even close to the player that Hakeem Nicks was then that's fine.
                          I couldn't possibly disagree more.

                          And BTW...this is a positive thread. Take your negative BS somewhere else.
                          Again with your personal attacks,don't like my posting here is an idea.....ignore it. The game through the years changed and positions change with it. a receiver is someone who catches a ball and you would realize that when you say "ever" that includes a period when players played different positions and many in one game as Joe Morrison would do and Kyle Rote would do. If you see I didn't name a "Best Ever" becuase it's hard to say .The game is different now then it was in the 90's,80's,70's and even the 60's rules were different.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by G1.. View Post

                            Again with your personal attacks,don't like my posting here is an idea.....ignore it. The game through the years changed and positions change with it. a receiver is someone who catches a ball and you would realize that when you say "ever" that includes a period when players played different positions and many in one game as Joe Morrison would do and Kyle Rote would do. If you see I didn't name a "Best Ever" becuase it's hard to say .The game is different now then it was in the 90's,80's,70's and even the 60's rules were different.
                            My 2 cents is that older generation athletes(this is true of many sports) were certainly tougher and played in a completely different era. However, in terms of their skill sets and athleticism didn't really hold a candle to the athletes of today. Would George Mikan be a dominant NBA player today? Not even close and probably not even on an NBA roster. That's probably why people are so comfortable labeling the new generation as the "best" ever. It's not to disrespect the older generation, but more an acknowledgement of the athletic freaks of today's sports. At the same time, today's athletes are soft as baby **** in comparison.
                            sigpic Verbally I'm untouchable like Eliot Ness.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by NAVY2323 View Post
                              Nicks was great, no question. I'd personally put him behind Beckham and Burress. I know Plax's physical size was a huge part of who he was, but he was dominant. I truly believe his leg shot derailed us from repeating as SB champs. Without him, stopping the Giants O was child's play for Jim Johnson. He never had an answer for Burress.
                              Yep. We were running away with it that year until the fateful gunshot.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by G1.. View Post

                                Again with your personal attacks,don't like my posting here is an idea.....ignore it. The game through the years changed and positions change with it. a receiver is someone who catches a ball and you would realize that when you say "ever" that includes a period when players played different positions and many in one game as Joe Morrison would do and Kyle Rote would do. If you see I didn't name a "Best Ever" becuase it's hard to say .The game is different now then it was in the 90's,80's,70's and even the 60's rules were different.
                                I like your posts very much. They are fun to respond to. You may have to show me where I personally attacked you. Your post WAS very negative. That is fact. No one has been unpleasant in this thread but you. It;'s just a fun discussion about a great Giant.
                                Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X