the best receiver we'ver ever had.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

You are talking to the #1 fan of Hakeem Nicks. But Odell has a chance to be one of the best WR's of all time. I've never seen a WR as un-coverable as Odell Beckham.
    Jerry Rice.

Comment

• Player 1 - 67 games started, 618 targets, 356 catches, 5081 yards, 31 touchdowns, 24 drops
      Player 2 - 44 games started, 498 targets, 313 catches, 4424 yards, 38 touchdowns, 17 drops

I love Nicks, sucks that his career didnt last. But hes player 1, Beckham is obviously player 2. The drops are pretty freaking similar, the actual stats arent though.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
        Odell is the best WR this team has ever seen. Bar none.

If you want to play the 100% healthy game, Id add Victor Cruz to the mix too. His 2011 was magical. One of the best years a WR ever had IMO. And he ended it with a SB win.

I guess we have to wait though to see if Odell can play in the playoffs. So far he is a failure.
        Cruz's success was specifically based on playing with Nicks. And as i've said before Odell will make the better circus catch, but until he goes off in the post season, in my opinion Nicks is still better. I know I don't need to remind you of Odell's performance in the playoffs last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by G1.. View Post

Again with your personal attacks,don't like my posting here is an idea.....ignore it. The game through the years changed and positions change with it. a receiver is someone who catches a ball and you would realize that when you say "ever" that includes a period when players played different positions and many in one game as Joe Morrison would do and Kyle Rote would do. If you see I didn't name a "Best Ever" becuase it's hard to say .The game is different now then it was in the 90's,80's,70's and even the 60's rules were different.
          It doesn't take a lot of brain power here to know that we are talking about WIDE RECEIVERS...

Comment

• Originally posted by TEM View Post

I believe Nicks earned his spot as one of the giants best. When discussing "the best"it is the full circle that has to be taken into consideration . Amani has had a career worthy of it.

#1 all time in Receiving yardage for a giant with 9497 (4000 yards over the #2 spot held by Gifford)
            #1 all time in Receiving TD with 54 as a Giant
            #1 in Receptions with 668 as a Giant
            #1 in targets with 1239 as a Giant
            #1 in games played as a Giant receiver with 190

Your post is based on longevity which is great. Obviously we all love Toomer. But as far as talent, you can't even compare him to Nicks. It's not even fare.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGYgiant View Post

Obj and itís not really close
              When OBJ catches the ball in a playoff game, youre right, it won't be close.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhpgiantsfan View Post

Cruz's success was specifically based on playing with Nicks. And as i've said before Odell will make the better circus catch, but until he goes off in the post season, in my opinion Nicks is still better. I know I don't need to remind you of Odell's performance in the playoffs last year.
                Disagree. Go watch that 99 yarder again. Go watch many of Vics amazing catches in coverage and runs. That one eagles game comes to mind where he embarrassed the eagles entire D by himself. Nothing to do with Nicks. 100% all Vic. He had a legendary 2011.

Comment

• Wow, as the OP, i can't believe this thread has gone 8 pages. But anyone who wants to argue with OBJ just didnt pay close enough attention to 2011. What did OBJ do when we finally made the playoffs last year? Yes Odell can make catches that Nicks could never dream off. But what did Odell do in the playoffs last year. Good receivers make regular season circus catches. Great receivers make catches that win playoff games.

Comment

• Odell has never won a championship at any level of football in his life... I guess he just didnt want it with him being so unconverable and all.

Comment

When OBJ catches the ball in a playoff game, youre right, it won't be close.
                      What traits are you referring to exactly?

That WR play should be evaluated only on how many playoff wins you have?

Should we drop OBJ for Torrey Smith using your logic?

Try thinking a little harder
                      Last edited by CGYgiant; 02-12-2018, 01:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Exactly.

I have never seen a player drop off as quickly as Nicks at such a young age ... I know he had a bunch of leg injuries, but none of them were catastrophic (no ACLís, Achilles, etc.). Not the type of injuries that usually end careers.
                        He just lost a step and when you're an elite athlete even losing 1 tenth of a second can be the difference between getting separation and being blanketed. It's a shame, I mean the guy was only drafted 9 years ago, he could have still been in the NFL today. I actually feel bad for rookies with the new contracts. A lot of players are never going to be as good as they are for their first 4-5 seasons and they can only cash in after that. Meanwhile in baseball you have players getting 300 million dollar contracts to play until they're 40 and they're not putting their body and mind through the kind of punishment that NFL players do. The NFL owners really keep the players union on a tight leash.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigal1giant View Post
                          I guess everyone on this board is under 50!!! Back in the days at Yankee Stadium we had a wide receiver named Homer Jones who was, till he blew out a knee, one of the finest wide receivers in the NFL. He had it all, blazing speed, great hands, and was a fine route runner! He was special and one of the greatest receivers the G-Men ever had!
                          read my earlier post's.

Comment

• WR DJ moore, i saw being comp'ed to hakeem nicks.

he is a draft prospect from maryland, who is said to be the best receiver after that catch. He almost looks like a running back that is playing WR. check it out>>>>>
                            https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2018...ott-dez-bryant
                            Last edited by bigpoppy; 02-12-2018, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Your post is based on longevity which is great. Obviously we all love Toomer. But as far as talent, you can't even compare him to Nicks. It's not even fare.
                              Their best 5 years are identical YPC YAC total yardage and TDs.
                              There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

• Originally posted by TEM View Post

Their best 5 years are identical YPC YAC total yardage and TDs.
                                Okay, now compare careers.

Comment

Working...
                                X