Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cut him or Keep him

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by NAVY2323 View Post
    I dont think drc should be cut, but I believe he will be. If we are going 3-4 we are going to need to spend on more than just O-line. Thanks to JR our LB cupboard is empty. That is a problem. I see Marshall, Harris, DRC and Wing going. Any time Wing has been asked to do his job with even remote situational pressure he blows it.
    And why are we paying a punter over TWO MILLION a year in the first place? I mean...break it down to dollars per play involved in, and he's like the second highest-paid guy on the team.

    Wait, I forgot this was the Giants we're talking about...I guess he is involved in every fourth offensive play. Scratch what I said.

    Comment


    • #17
      drc has lost a step should be cut along with harris and save that cap space and bring in a new KR , draft a new CB .

      Comment


      • #18
        Gotta cut Marshall and Wing, and if we are at all serious about the OL, cut Jerry. There's got to be someone either in FA or draft that is better.....

        Other than them, not much to do really.....hope Gettleman works some miracles.


        Edit: I know it sounds ridiculous to some but I would take a hard look at Vernon....I know I know, he's been playing injured, generally gets pressure, not many sacks (but they're over rated right?)....I dunno.....I might take a gamble with someone young and hungry for a fraction of that price.......think of what you could get with that $$$.....
        Last edited by JoeBigBlue; 02-11-2018, 02:55 PM.
        "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
        "No...I didn't."
        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
          Gotta cut Marshall and Wing, and if we are at all serious about the OL, cut Jerry. There's got to be someone either in FA or draft that is better.....

          Other than them, not much to do really.....hope Gettleman works some miracles.
          marshall yes 6 mil cap number and only 1 mill cap penalty , makes sense cut him. wing i dont think so because its a 2mill cap number but 1 mill penalty to cut.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Harooni View Post

            marshall yes 6 mil cap number and only 1 mill cap penalty , makes sense cut him. wing i dont think so because its a 2mill cap number but 1 mill penalty to cut.
            Well then Wing better pull his head, or foot, outta his *** and remember how to punt a football
            "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
            "No...I didn't."
            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

            Comment


            • #21
              There's zero chance of them cutting Vernon or Jenkins

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

                Well then Wing better pull his head, or foot, outta his *** and remember how to punt a football
                lol yeah

                Comment


                • #23
                  Cut enough players that it gives you the $$ to sign a top FA Olineman. Marshall, Jerry, Wing & Harris are my picks.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by FIREreeseNOW! View Post
                    There's zero chance of them cutting Vernon or Jenkins
                    I would not say zero. I would say low. If the right FA player comes along and it could the change the cap situation on either of those 2. It not out of the realm of possibility that a move would be made.
                    There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post

                      Well then Wing better pull his head, or foot, outta his *** and remember how to punt a football
                      Wasn't Danny White the Cowboys' punter? Anybody know if Eli can punt?

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by TEM View Post
                        The cuts are days away. What are your thoughts on freeing up cap space?



                        For me

                        Janoris Jenkins KEEP our Best Corner
                        DRC KEEP to versatile to cut
                        Olivier Vernon KEEP too expensive to cut. Giving up 12 million.
                        Brandon Marshall CUT
                        John Jerry KEEP Can't get as good for his price
                        Dwayne Harris CUT
                        Brad Wing CUT can get a comparable punter for less.

                        I freed up a whopping 8.7 million = A starting O-linemen.
                        No need for me to cut and paste, as this is exactly how I would approach it...very asymmetric in your cost, and allowing that 9 million for a Cordy Glenn, left tackle huge need, and the ability to take care of an important value...in a straight up Bills trade that needs to make sense for them before March 18th. Too early for any 2 pick trades IMHO, unless overwhelmed with an offer, thus any deal for this below market priced LT will have to happen as soon as the football year opens. Hopefully we will know after the combine if we want to take a QB at 2, and can then begin auctioning that 2 pick if we see enough holes to trade back.

                        The Giants need a left tackle more then any other position, as we have NONE. At least we have Eli and Webb, no matter what you think of them....certainly not as bad as Flowers who would be cut if we were not on the hook.



                        Violence of action means the unrestricted use of speed, strength, surprise, and aggression to achieve total dominance against your enemy.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

                          Wasn't Danny White the Cowboys' punter? Anybody know if Eli can punt?
                          He sure looked limber in that obj dance video.

                          Give im a try imo

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Aris View Post

                            No need for me to cut and paste, as this is exactly how I would approach it...very asymmetric in your cost, and allowing that 9 million for a Cordy Glenn, left tackle huge need, and the ability to take care of an important value...in a straight up Bills trade that needs to make sense for them before March 18th. Too early for any 2 pick trades IMHO, unless overwhelmed with an offer, thus any deal for this below market priced LT will have to happen as soon as the football year opens. Hopefully we will know after the combine if we want to take a QB at 2, and can then begin auctioning that 2 pick if we see enough holes to trade back.

                            The Giants need a left tackle more then any other position, as we have NONE. At least we have Eli and Webb, no matter what you think of them....certainly not as bad as Flowers who would be cut if we were not on the hook.


                            Great post.
                            There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

                              Wasn't Danny White the Cowboys' punter? Anybody know if Eli can punt?
                              He was the master of the Clip board.
                              There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Janoris Jenkins- extend and restructure contract to help free up a little cap room
                                DRC- same as Jenkins but only one extra year
                                Olivier Vernon- same as drc
                                Brandon Marshall- cut
                                John Jerry- cut
                                Dwayne Harris- cut
                                Brad Wing- i want to say cut but fegals seems to think he will turn it around so maybe bring in competition and go with whomever wins
                                Eli- restructure
                                Snacks- same as Jenkins
                                Jpp- no extension but propose a restructure
                                Apple- probably keep but at least take a look at what another team would be willing to give up
                                Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

                                I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X