No announcement yet.

Cut him or Keep him

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His record as the Cowboys' starting quarterback was 6232 (.659 winning percentage) during the regular season, and 55 in the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by wheels View Post
      His record as the Cowboys' starting quarterback was 6232 (.659 winning percentage) during the regular season, and 55 in the playoffs.
      And, he punted...which was my original point.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

And, he punted...which was my original point.
        The clipboard?
        There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

Originally posted by TEM View Post

The clipboard?
          I'm not sure I follow the whole clipboard thing.

Comment

I'm not sure I follow the whole clipboard thing.
            I can remember his standing In fact the only memory I have of him , standing next to Tom Landry staring at a clipboard he was holding . Landry pointing to something on the clipboard. That seems like forever and a day ago.
            There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

re sign hart, then cut again the next day. one cut is not enough.

Comment

I can remember his standing In fact the only memory I have of him , standing next to Tom Landry staring at a clipboard he was holding . Landry pointing to something on the clipboard. That seems like forever and a day ago.
                Yeah, he held the clipboard behind Roger Staubach for his first four seasons. Then he started the next nine seasons before retiring. And, he was the Cowboys' punter for quite a number of his 13 seasons. Tom Landry and Tex Schramm didn't pay a guy $2.025 million a year to punt the football. Probably why they didn't go 3-13 very often.

Comment

Yeah, he held the clipboard behind Roger Staubach for his first four seasons. Then he started the next nine seasons before retiring. And, he was the Cowboys' punter for quite a number of his 13 seasons. Tom Landry and Tex Schramm didn't pay a guy $2.025 million a year to punt the football. Probably why they didn't go 3-13 very often.
                  That is what it was,

Comment

He was the master of the Clip board.
                    White replaced Roger & took the Cowboys to 3 straight NFCCGs vs SF/Skins/Eagles. Problem was all 3 were on the rd & lost em all. But he actually threw for more yds/Tds in a season than Staubach did. So no, he wasn't just a master of the clipboard. Very underrated QB who was also a very excellent punter for Dallas. 62-30 as a starter & 5-5 playoff record. 1st 4 yrs in the NFL , had just 1 start. Led Dallas to records of:
                    12-4
                    11-4
                    6-3 in strike shortened 82' season
                    12-4
                    10-4 in seasons where he started at least 14-16 games. For his career punting, had an avg of 40.2 ypp.

In 83' threw for 3980yds & 29 Tds Not too shabby for a "clip board holding punter"

Comment

Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post

White replaced Roger & took the Cowboys to 3 straight NFCCGs vs SF/Skins/Eagles. Problem was all 3 were on the rd & lost em all. But he actually threw for more yds/Tds in a season than Staubach did. So no, he wasn't just a master of the clipboard. Very underrated QB who was also a very excellent punter for Dallas. 62-30 as a starter & 5-5 playoff record. 1st 4 yrs in the NFL , had just 1 start. Led Dallas to records of:
                      12-4
                      11-4
                      12-4
                      10-4 in seasons where he started at least 14-16 games. For his career punting, had an avg of 40.2 ypp.

In 83' threw for 3980yds & 29 Tds Not too shabby for a "clip board holding punter"
                      I was just kidding. Anyway I like to rip on Cowboys past and present.

Comment

Originally posted by LTMVP View Post
                        re sign hart, then cut again the next day. one cut is not enough.
                        LOL

Comment

Why?
                          Did you not watch any games this year?
                          Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post

12-4
                            11-4
                            12-4

Yeah, I lived in enemy territory (DFW) for almost ten years and was somewhat surprised to find the consensus that Danny White was the 3rd-best QB in Cowboys' history (behind the guys, of course, on either end of his career). I assumed the old geezers would put Meredith there, and the young tikes would put Romo there. But, nope...Danny White is pretty consistently named #3.

Comment

I hate the Cowboys but will always give props to those that were very good players & Danny White was a very, very good QB. Playing against the Giants in 86' in a battle for 1st place game, Carl Banks came in on a blitz & broke White's wrist & tore ligaments as well in a game the Giants won 17-14, ending his career as a Cowboys QB. Dallas was 6-2 entering that game but finished 7-9 w/o White.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjeep View Post

Did you not watch any games this year?
                                I get that. It is easy to say cut them all . How does it improve the team? I get we can free up 30 but can the same talent level be replaced? Not all of them are boat anchors. A good portion of these guy would not last long on the market.. I want the team to win . Just suggesting cuts out of an emotional response IMO: Is not a positive endeavor.
                                Last edited by TEM; 02-11-2018, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X