Cut him or Keep him

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post
    I hate the Cowboys but will always give props to those that were very good players & Danny White was a very, very good QB. Playing against the Giants in 86' in a battle for 1st place game, Carl Banks came in on a blitz & broke White's wrist & tore ligaments as well in a game the Giants won 17-14, ending his career as a Cowboys QB. Dallas was 6-2 entering that game but finished 7-9 w/o White.
    I agree One that never won a Trophy ( like Romo ) but was good enough to.
    "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

I'd take White over Romo, he was a duel weapon as a QB & punter & he could always pass out of the punt formation. Romo never sniffed the NFCCG, White led Dallas to 3 straight.

Comment

Originally posted by LTMVP View Post
        re sign hart, then cut again the next day. one cut is not enough.
        Best post in a long time!
        Players come and go on the Free Agency Merry-Go-Round, but the N.Y. Giants will always be here!

Comment

Also I don't know what $$ Rosas gets but it might be a good idea to think about another PK.....

I was also going to mention the possibility of LB'ers but we don't have any....we need to pick some up first then get rid of the trash
          "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
          "No...I didn't."
          "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

We have to be able to find 2 WR/ST for $7.5 who are better than Marshall and Harris.
            No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
              We have to be able to find 2 WR/ST for $7.5 who are better than Marshall and Harris.
              Considering last season that shouldn't be too difficult
              "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
              "No...I didn't."
              "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Honestly they should be able to. With ODB, Engram and Sheppard that should be enough receiving weapons to make the offense work. The other receiver will be the 4th option so they should be able to fill that role with a smaller cap hit than Marshall.

The same with Harris, you should be able to fill out your ST roles and 5th WR with a smaller cap hit.

It'll be interesting to see how Gettleman handles this offseason.
                All Hail The New York Giants!!

Comment

I'm not sure why anyone wants to cut DRC and Jenkins. They both played well last year.

I'm giving them a pass on the suspensions due to the idiocy of Reese firing TC and hiring BM.

Comment

On a side note, does anyone think Marshall's comments about "I just want to win my super bowl and then retire next year" that he made in preseason last year completely sound ridiculous now and set the wrong tone?
                    "No...I didn't."

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBigBlue View Post
                      On a side note, does anyone think Marshall's comments about "I just want to win my super bowl and then retire next year" that he made in preseason last year completely sound ridiculous now and set the wrong tone?
                      Nothing wrong with what he said, but he is clearly done. No separation, and he has always been a high drop rate guy. Another Reese gem.

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post
                        I'm not sure why anyone wants to cut DRC and Jenkins. They both played well last year.

I'm giving them a pass on the suspensions due to the idiocy of Reese firing TC and hiring BM.
                        Jerry Reese didn't hire and fire coaches. Only John Mara does. You did not know this?
                        Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

Jerry Reese didn't hire and fire coaches. Only John Mara does. You did not know this?
                          Yea. Like Reese's input didn't influence Mara. Go away Morehead. And stop responding to my posts. Your opinion has no value to me.

Comment

This is true unless they feel Engram can line up where Marshall normally would and they give Ellison more snaps as the in line TE. As far as Harris, he might be done. They need money for LBs and OL. Restructures and cuts are coming. Maybe even some trades.

Comment

As I stated in a previous post none of the cap calculations include signing the draft class.

Comment

Originally posted by moosedrool View Post

yeah so good we had the worst D in the nfl. anyway keep jenkins, but cut DRC his cap number is 8.5mill and he is 1 more year older and has imo lost a step already.

Comment

Working...
                                X