Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This article shows the importance of assistant coaches.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This article shows the importance of assistant coaches.

    i know pederson calls the plays but it shows behind the scenes how much his OC and QB coach does when it comes to game plans.

    after reading this it makes you wonder about finding the right OC and QB coach even if shurmur is calling the plays.

    "One more plot-thickening thing about Play 145. When the Eagles got on the plane for Minneapolis seven days before Super Bowl, Pederson had his working play sheet that had been established for the week of practice back in Philadelphia. It was the most important sheet he’d use in his life, the sheet he’d mine to try to beat the great Belichick in Super Bowl 52.

    But 383 X follow Y slant was nowhere to be seen. It was not in the game plan.

    All season, every week, every offensive coach on the Eagles had an assignment: find a play or plays better than those on Pederson’s play sheet. So Groh, along with all the coaches, went to work. In a lonely room at the Radisson Blu Hotel at the Mall of America halfway across the country, Groh dove in one more time, on stacks-and-bunches plays and all others he thought might be valuable, to see if he could find one great third-down call that beat any of the third-down calls on Pederson’s play sheet.

    For the 22nd straight Monday of the 2017 NFL season, Groh looked for a better way, a better play."
    The three minds behind the game-winning touchdown—Doug Pederson, Frank Reich, Mike Groh—explain how the play came to exist in the Philly game plan
    Last edited by NYtoSanDiego; 02-12-2018, 01:38 PM.

  • #2
    Wow, that's a really long article about one play. If it were about a Giants play, then I might have actually finished it.

    Comment


    • #3
      Position coaches are real important to for instance, there is a technique for wrs to catch passes with a defender in position to make the play. That helps the qb to get rid of the ball faster. If a defender cant stop a receiver from catching the ball, it can make the DC look bad.
      I made countless predictions based on analyzing the roster and have a high success rate in making the right predictions for years. I gave Eli tips on how to improve his play in 07. I sent him advice on how to improve his performance in a letter I sent to him before the Giants play the Pats in the last regular season of the 07 Season. He did what I wanted him to do leading the Giants to Superbowl victory.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post
        Wow, that's a really long article about one play. If it were about a Giants play, then I might have actually finished it.
        lol... you can skip and just read the important parts.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
          Position coaches are real important to for instance, there is a technique for wrs to catch passes with a defender in position to make the play. That helps the qb to get rid of the ball faster. If a defender cant stop a receiver from catching the ball, it can make the DC look bad.
          true... coaches have to be great teachers but the article shows how important they are as well when it comes to game planning for the week.

          it looks like pederson doesn't do much installation of plays during the week which is delegated to his assistant coaches, which is even more of a surprise considering he's the playcaller.

          Comment


          • #6
            good article thanks

            whom ever thought assistant coaches were not important are clueless.

            "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

            ​​​​​​ -Jesse James

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by GameTime View Post
              good article thanks

              whom ever thought assistant coaches were not important are clueless.
              I'm beginning to wonder if Shurmur thinks assistant coaches are important since he hasn't even bothered to hire an OC yet.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

                I'm beginning to wonder if Shurmur thinks assistant coaches are important since he hasn't even bothered to hire an OC yet.
                not the reason. he wants to hire an OC and QB coach but the ones he wants are not available.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by NYtoSanDiego View Post

                  not the reason. he wants to hire an OC and QB coach but the ones he wants are not available.
                  OK, so...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

                    OK, so...
                    lol... i don't even know how to respond to that.

                    you don't hire someone just for the sake of filling a position. you want to make sure like pederson he has an OC and QB coach he can delegate and trust they will do their job effectively.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

                      I'm beginning to wonder if Shurmur thinks assistant coaches are important since he hasn't even bothered to hire an OC yet.
                      He has stated he believes it was a huge mistake when he did not hire an OC in Cleveland and that he will have a full chain of command on both sides of the ball. He will hire an OC but these are human beings and it takes time

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        this is a test

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X