No announcement yet.

And our new OC is....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only coach that excites me any is Bettcher.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSabbath View Post

He was awful as a head coach at Alabama.

Panthers seem to consistently be right in the middle of the league in terms of total offense every year. And he was fired. Not the pick I was hoping for.
      I think there is a fine line when your hiring asst coaches. Your not gonna get a coordinator from the top performing teams those will more than likely become head coaches or stay where they are.. so then you go to the second tier. Either oc that have been fired or look for a postion coach from a good team to move up to oc.
      [SIGPIC]

Comment

For a minute I thought I read "Don Shula".....
        "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
        "No...I didn't."
        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
          sounds like a personal issue....lol
          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by JediGiant View Post
            shula, hmm, didnt see that one coming. meh, im indifferent i guess.
            I like shurmur, im in the guys corner, but man i wish we just had a head coach that would "head coach" on the sideline and not have his face stuck in the playcalling menu all game, the giants so desperately need engagement from the staff, the team leaders. i wana see guys getting hyped on the sideline, the coaches in their face. maybe its just cause it was sickening watching mcadoo hide behind the menu while the team and the world fell apart around him.
            Mac scarred us for life lol

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSabbath View Post

He was awful as a head coach at Alabama.

Panthers seem to consistently be right in the middle of the league in terms of total offense every year. And he was fired. Not the pick I was hoping for.
              What pick were you hoping for?

Comment

Originally posted by WayBackFan View Post

I agree. A head coach should delegate the coordinator duties and be the top general.
                Didnít Doug Pedersen just win a SB calling his own plays?

Comment

I am ok with the hiring. An experienced OC and QB coach.

I hated the idea of hiring Deuce with no OC or QB experience.

Comment

Well, at least we have an OC that can actually bring some plays to the table.

I bet he was their top choice all along...
                    Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                      I feel the same.

Comment

Since our HC will be calling the plays anyway I don't see this as an issue...

Comment

He has the experience, he's a professional and has the pedigree. Cant hate this hire IMO

Comment

I'm okay with this as the HC is calling the plays anyhow but I don't think (if memory serves me correctly) that there are very few HC's that have called plays and won a SB. Does anyone have those stats? Sean Payton comes to mind. Didn't Bill Walsh call the plays also. Just a very small group.
                            sigpic

LT - Carson - Kelley - Van Pelt

Comment

Originally posted by nycowns View Post
                              He has the experience, he's a professional and has the pedigree. Cant hate this hire IMO
                              +1

Any idea why he was fired by Carolina? His offenses were good the last few years (great in 2015).

Charley Casserly just tweeted that Shula's hiring was an "excellent move". On the other hand, he thinks that squirrel on his head is an "excellent move" too ....

Comment

Originally posted by Martin View Post
                                I'm okay with this as the HC is calling the plays anyhow but I don't think (if memory serves me correctly) that there are very few HC's that have called plays and won a SB. Does anyone have those stats? Sean Payton comes to mind. Didn't Bill Walsh call the plays also. Just a very small group.
                                Doug Pedersen

Comment

Working...
                                X