And our new OC is....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WayBackFan View Post

I agree. A head coach should delegate the coordinator duties and be the top general.
    I agree with your agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by cornerback30 View Post
      This sounds like Dave has his hands in it and not Pat.
      Dave Gettleman (standing at Shurmur's office door): "It's Friday, Pat...who's your OC?"
      Pat Shurmur (looking up from his game of solitaire): "I don't know."

Dave Gettleman (standing at Shurmur's office door): "It's Monday, Pat...who's your OC?"
      Pat Shurmur (looking up from his game of solitaire): "I don't know."

Dave Gettleman (standing at Shurmur's office door): "It's Tuesday, Pat...and Mike Shula's your OC."
      Pat Shurmur (looking up from his game of solitaire): "OK."

Comment

This is not good,we're screwed.

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
          in 2015, all of these coaches called their own plays
          NFL Head Coaches Who Call Plays

Bruce Arians Cardinals Offense
          Jay Gruden Washington Offense
          Chip Kelly Eagles Offense
          Gary Kubiak Broncos Offense
          Bill O'Brien Texans Offense
          Sean Payton Saints Offense
          Andy Reid Chiefs Offense
          Rex Ryan Bills Defense
          Ken Whisenhunt Titans Offense
          Mike Zimmer Vikings

It is not out of the ordinary
          Half of the guys you listed are no longer NFL head coaches.

And, one of the guys who IS still an NFL head coach is Jay Gruden...lol.

Comment

so i guess he is the QB coach/oc , no hate we will see. again at least its not a recycled ex giant guy. we need fresh ideas.

Comment

The head coach should not be calling the plays I donít think. Not sure what the dynamic will be, maybe some poor in game decisions but good people for developing our new QB? Iím giving it a chance.

Comment

Originally posted by StompYouOt View Post
                The head coach should not be calling the plays I donít think. Not sure what the dynamic will be, maybe some poor in game decisions but good people for developing our new QB? Iím giving it a chance.
                Yeah, I don't think it's an accident that we hired a quarterback as our OC.

Comment

Shula will certainly bring mature veteran coaching experience, I kind of like this move.

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post

You guys don't really understand all that goes into being an OC. No way a guy like Shula sits passively by and doesn't offer any input in game planning or schemes. Wheat happens when they play a team that Shula had success against and Shurmur didn't. You guys still think Shula would have no say?

It's OC by committee and I'm OK with that because the unit needed so much attention. I see this as a good thing, because i don't want any rookie coaches that have not been coordinators with proven success.

Also good to have some young talent come through our doors as one day, maybe Shula will be our OC, instead of grabbing an idiot like mcAdoomed
                    I've got a pretty good grasp of what goes into being an OC and sure Shula is going to offer his opinions and suggestions as rightfully he should and Shurmur should heed them but to think that Shurmur isn't the guy actually running the O is ludicrous. He's calling the plays, he's bringing in his offense so again in title only is Shula this team's OC when in reality it's Shurmur.

Comment

I'm suprised that a few of our self proclaimed elite message board members and
                      their many contacts & hi-level sources throughout the Giants organization could miss this ?

Again

But then they mighta known all along and didn't wanna spoil it for us lol

Comment

Itís a blah hire imo

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJayC View Post

I've got a pretty good grasp of what goes into being an OC and sure Shula is going to offer his opinions and suggestions as rightfully he should and Shurmur should heed them but to think that Shurmur isn't the guy actually running the O is ludicrous. He's calling the plays, he's bringing in his offense so again in title only is Shula this team's OC when in reality it's Shurmur.
                          Yeah, Asst. OC might be a better title.

Comment

I like the pick alot. He wont have to call plays but he has the head coach experience to take command and lead if shurmur is tied up with other things. I love it.
                            Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

ďI wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. Ö He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.Ē

Comment

Originally posted by cornerback30 View Post
                              WTH i thought dude wasnt a good OC,gotta here the reasoning behind this one before i really express.This sounds like Dave has his hands in it and not Pat.I know Pat will call the plays but what about dude from Arizona who was gaining steam or dude from Seattle either would have been better from what I had read
                              I don't know if Schumer is calling the plays as of todays hiring. Shula would sign on as OC and not be in charge of the offense ? At least this coaching staff is stable and not changing their minds about coming at the last minute. But other than that I am not impressed with anything or anyone. Just like the HC the OC is just another guy.
                              Last edited by That Guy Rich; 02-13-2018, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post

I don't know if Schumer is calling the plays as of todays hiring. Shula would sign on as OC and not be in charge of the offense ? At least this coaching staff is stable and not changing their minds about coming at the last minute. But other than that I am not impressed with anything or anyone. Just like the HC the OC is just another guy.
                                So, is Bill Belichick...as was proven about a week and-a-half ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X