Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GameTime View Post

Mac was not good.

I bet an OC's job is way more than just calling plays.

The OCs main job is to develop the game plan each week.
    There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

So, is Bill Belichick...as was proven about a week and-a-half ago.
      Well I'm not sure I agree that Belichick is just another guy, really ?

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy Rich View Post

Well I'm not sure I agree that Belichick is just another guy, really ?
        With the GOAT at quarterback, he's gone 5-3 (one better than 4-4) in the Super Bowl. Peel away a lot of the hype, and...yeah, he's just another guy.

Comment

I think it sounds good for now. It certainly doesn't sound like a horrible hire, we'll find out. Who really knows at this point, right? It doesn't change that the number one priority is assembling a good Offensive line with decent depth.

Comment

He's got a lot of experience. Maybe he can channel his inner Don...

Comment

With the GOAT at quarterback, he's gone 5-3 (one better than 4-4) in the Super Bowl. Peel away a lot of the hype, and...yeah, he's just another guy.
              Yeah, this is just dumb

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

Yeah, this is just dumb
                I just get tired of the narrative that if you're not named Bill Belichick or don't work for a guy named Bill Belichick then you're "unimpressive". He and his underlings are not the only good coaches on the planet.

Comment

So because they lost 3 times discredits the fact they won it 5 times? Okay... I'm sure many owners would love to have that problem. You realize they don't make you put goose eggs in the trophy cases if you lose?

Comment

Giants hire Mike Shula to be offensive coordinator, quarterbacks coach

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3817809

Excerpt: "Pat Shurmur finally rounded out his coaching staff on Tuesday by hiring Mike Shula as the Giants' new offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach, a source confirmed to the Daily News.

Shula, 52, is the son of the NFL's all-time winningest coach, Don Shula. He spent the last five seasons as the Carolina Panthers offensive coordinator and served as their quarterbacks coach for two years before that.

The Panthers offense was not particularly overwhelming and was rather inconsistent under Shula.

Carolina never finished in the top 10 in total offense or higher than 19th in passing yards with Cam Newton — who often runs with the ball — as quarterback. The Panthers did, however, lead the league in scoring in 2015 when they went 15-1 and lost in the Super Bowl." Read more...

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

Originally posted by FanOfTheGmen View Post

So because they lost 3 times discredits the fact they won it 5 times? Okay... I'm sure many owners would love to have that problem. You realize they don't make you put goose eggs in the trophy cases if you lose?
                      Name the first thing that pops in your head when I say the following:

1. Detroit Lions
                      2. Buffalo Bills

Done? OK, I'll tell you mine.

1. Barry Sanders
                      2. 4 Super Bowl losses

But, you're right...neither has goose eggs in their trophy case.

Comment

I just get tired of the narrative that if you're not named Bill Belichick or don't work for a guy named Bill Belichick then you're "unimpressive". He and his underlings are not the only good coaches on the planet.
                        Well, I agree with that

Comment

Put up 30+ this yr & then I'll call the hiring a success. For this team to have a huge turnaround season they have to be able to put up 30+ on a few occasions when the D is having an off day. The 2016 Falcons had one of the worst defenses (407 PA) in the NFL but made it to the SB due to a #1 offense that could light up the scoreboard! With all the lax rules for the offense , it really highlights how atrocious this offense has been in not scoring 30 pts for the past 2 yrs.

Comment

Name the first thing that pops in your head when I say the following:

1. Detroit Lions
                            2. Buffalo Bills

Done? OK, I'll tell you mine.

1. Barry Sanders
                            2. 4 Super Bowl losses

But, you're right...neither has goose eggs in their trophy case.
                            They could be 1-7 and they would still be better off than a lot of Franchises.

Comment

For all the responsibility Shula will have might as well kept Sullivan.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward Cuff View Post
                                For all the responsibility Shula will have might as well kept Sullivan.
                                If Shula helps develop our #2 pick into a franchise quarterback, then I'll be happy with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X