Too Quiet

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Quiet

Seems like not much activity on Board so I'll put out a few thoughts. Can the Giants develop a decent run game with just a new LT n RG?

Additionally, now that an OC/QB coach is onboard, I imagine a flurry of activity by Shula n Shurmur to actively analyze Webb. Gettleman's statement about drafting BPA may not be a QB, but maybe thinking hard about selecting a Penn State RB whom many consider to be the best player. A run game may keep Eli for another 2 years. I'd like to see Webb make it
    ​​​

Originally posted by Red Dog View Post
    Seems like not much activity on Board so I'll put out a few thoughts. Can the Giants develop a decent run game with just a new LT n RG?

Additionally, now that an OC/QB coach is onboard, I imagine a flurry of activity by Shula n Shurmur to actively analyze Webb. Gettleman's statement about drafting BPA may not be a QB, but maybe thinking hard about selecting a Penn State RB whom many consider to be the best player. A run game may keep Eli for another 2 years. I'd like to see Webb make it
    ​​​
    How do you propose that they "actively analyze Webb"?

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

maybe a bisection...

Comment

Reminds me of the scene in "Airplane" when the dog on the fire truck barks.
        "Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
        "No...I didn't."
        "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

One would believe they have as much film non him as they do any college prospect not to mention training camp n practice squad film that they don't have on the draftees. If you have nothing positive to post,

Comment

Visit the draft section. It is very active this time of year
            Long Live the King

Comment

amazing how so many posters who no nothing about Webb haven't seen him play know all about him and how hes not NFL caliber.
              i just cannot believe u guys arent employed as Giants talent scouts

Comment

amazing how so many posters who no nothing about Webb haven't seen him play know all about him and how hes not NFL caliber.
                i just cannot believe u guys arent employed as Giants talent scouts
                i think the fact that they put geno smith in ahead of webb is what soured the fans on webb. Geno was 2nd on the depth chart all year long and got the nod b/c of that. But from the fans perspective, they say to themselves, that webb can't even beat out geno, then in their minds they've moved on to the next guy. Ya know. NOt saying it is right, just offering an explanation why the fans think webb isn't the guy. Of course they forget it was the macaddoodle doo making those decisions in a WCO that the doodle wanted amore mobile QB to run. the most curious part of the whole debacle to me was why macadoodle was screaming for them to draft webb in the first place if he wanted a mobile running type QB. Made zero sense. Webb should be given a fresh start and a new look once preseason rolls around. Before that time is the draft though. Bottom line, reese and macadoodle made a mess of it. LOL

Comment

Well we definitely dont know what we have in webb mainly because of doodles but we definitely cant write him off. I mean if doodles had his way paul perkins would have started all season but injuries changed that. For that reason alone they need to look at as much practice tape as they can and see if there is anything there.
                  Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by bigpoppy View Post

the most curious part of the whole debacle to me was why macadoodle was screaming for them to draft webb in the first place if he wanted a mobile running type QB.
                    Yeah, kinda blows a big hole in the ol' narrative that "the only reason that Geno started ahead of Webb was because of McAdoo's preference for a mobile QB".

Maybe, just maybe...Geno gave the Giants a better chance to win than did Webb.

Comment

Originally posted by andthewinneris View Post
                      Well we definitely dont know what we have in webb mainly because of doodles but we definitely cant write him off. I mean if doodles had his way paul perkins would have started all season but injuries changed that. For that reason alone they need to look at as much practice tape as they can and see if there is anything there.
                      Nobody's "writing off" Webb. We'll get plenty of opportunity to watch him in the upcoming preseason.

Comment

Or maybe just maybe macadiddle was an incompetent bum who wanted to start arguably our worst rb
                        Last edited by andthewinneris; 02-14-2018, 04:41 PM.
                        Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

I wrote after the combine that Engram was entering the first-round discussion, and I've moved him above David Njoku as my second-ranked tight end. He put up the best 40 time (4.42) among tight ends and the fourth-best vertical (36 inches) at the combine. At 6-3, 234, Engram had 65 catches for 925 yards and eight touchdowns in 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

Nobody's "writing off" Webb. We'll get plenty of opportunity to watch him in the upcoming preseason.
                          Agreed

But to suggest Webb will play a factor in any way in our offseason plans is silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

...never said anyone was. I simply stated that we can't do that
                            Mel Kiper Jr., ESPN

Comment

One would believe they have as much film non him as they do any college prospect not to mention training camp n practice squad film that they don't have on the draftees. If you have nothing positive to post,
                              Do you think that they will see something that the other people who saw this film did not?

Comment

Working...
                              X