Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would flowers be worth in a trade

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...de_giants.html

Excerpt: "A NFL player is not eligible for an extension until after the third season of his rookie deal. With first-round picks, teams must decide whether to pick up a fifth-year contract option before the start of the fourth season.

This is nothing unusual. For the Giants, it just is more complicated than usual because it is Flowers.

Some years, like last offseason with Beckham, it's a no-brainer.

Will a new head coach and offensive line coach (his third of each) be able to get Flowers to live up his potential as the No. 9 pick in the 2015 NFL Draft? The Giants must decide by May, before that answer will be clear.

The 6-foot-6, 329-pound Flowers is a common target of criticism from fans and ex-players alike. It seemed at times like the old regime went out of its way to lower expectations to make it feel like Flowers was meeting the bar.

With a changing of the guard all the way up to the top, Flowers is a logical candidate for the trade block if the Giants decline his fifth-year option. Or the Giants could decline it, stick with him, maybe experiment with a switch to guard and run the risk that he will play enough to deserve bigger money next offseason than the option would provide.

In that case, however, the Giants will have benefited from a much-improved player." Read more....

Would you take a 5th round pick for Flowers or let him play out his contract??

2nd overall Greg Robinson got traded for a 6th

19th overall Cam Erving got traded for a 5th

28th overall Laken Tomlinson got traded for a 5th
    Last edited by RoanokeFan; 02-15-2018, 06:16 PM.
    Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Keep him.....move him to LG.....Fluker to RG.....trade/draft/sign a legit LT and RT......

Comment

We would possibly get a 5th rounder for him. If we could get a 4th, I would take it at this point.

I do think he would be a good Guard, but I just think he needs a change of scenery. The Locker Room is not what it should be, and he is not a strong teammate. 54th best OT in the League? That sounds about right at this point.

The GIANTS let him down, he never should have been put at Left Tackle. A Clean start for him and the team makes sense.

Comment

I would take a 5th if that is the best we can get.

He is a bad player who has shown no ability or desire to fix his technique problems and who appears to be a locker room problem.

Addition by subtraction.

Comment

A bag of really good weed and a fifth of Honey Jack. SOLD!
          I stopped fighting my inner demons. We're on the same side now.

Comment

Probably nothing. The guy isn't and has never been a LT. Why the Giants didn't move him around is beyond me.

Comment

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
              "No...I didn't."
              "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

Originally posted by hadenough View Post
                Probably nothing. The guy isn't and has never been a LT. Why the Giants didn't move him around is beyond me.
                I think it was because Reese had too big of an ego and refused to admit his analysis of Flowers as an LT was wrong. When he came out everyone projected him at RT jerry was the only 1 who believed he was an LT.

Who knows, if reese moved him to RT and he because a good player he might still have a job
                Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

Flowers and Apple both need to be traded for picks this year, any round don't care. They both need to be gone.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJayC View Post
                    Keep him.....move him to LG.....Fluker to RG.....trade/draft/sign a legit LT and RT......
                    Easier said than done, BlueJay. But I too would keep him for his final year. He could wind up playing any of 3 positions.

Comment

He isnít worth anything. Iím being serious.

He is just a flat out bust and the sooner the Giants move on the better off they will be. Has not improved one iota. He is a backup RT at best based on what he has shown. Since he is a bad teammate I happen to consider him worthless.

Comment

That stubbornness is what cost Mac and Reese their jobs....I still maintain that for the past 5 years or so, The coaches were being forced to play guys with a high draft status, as opposed to guys that actually contributed.....

Loom what happened when they were forced to shuffle the OL and give Wheeler and Biznowaty a shot...Yeah, Biz was not great, but he gave freaking effort and that gives me hope that he cared enough to improve. I also feel that Wheeler and Biz actually hung with the other OL, and that trust can't be duplicated....

If I was the OL coach and I heard those two were avoiding their line brothers, i would have moved on from them eons ago.
                        Long Live the King

Comment

Originally posted by Gee718 View Post
                          If I was the OL coach and I heard those two were avoiding their line brothers, i would have moved on from them eons ago.
                          That to me is all the proof anyone needs that he is a lost cause.

Comment

the same reason they never gave Webb any playing time when they could have.

Comment

I certainly hope the Giants are actively shopping this guy around. It will open up a ton of cap space to sign an NFL LT or G.

Comment

Working...
                              X