Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

With Odell Beckham contract drama potentially on the horizon, will Giants fans back him like they did with Eli Manning?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With Odell Beckham contract drama potentially on the horizon, will Giants fans back him like they did with Eli Manning?

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3832210

Excerpt: "In the most memorable commercial of Super Bowl Sunday, when Eli Manning hoisted Odell Beckham Jr. high into the air in some NFL-style “Dirty Dancing,” the Giants entertainingly changed the conversation from the doom and gloom of 2017 to Blue skies ahead next fall.

Manning and Beckham were the two natural stars to headline the spot: the beloved face-of-the-franchise, two-time Super Bowl MVP quarterback restored to his starting role after a house-cleaning; and the uber-talented, A-list celebrity receiver whose brand has gone global at age 25, who is hunting a Comeback Player of the Year award coming off injury, and who tantalizingly hasn't even yet reached his prime.

But do Manning and Beckham really engender the same affinity, loyalty and emotions in the hearts of Giants fans, who stood so strongly behind Manning against the organization's mishandlings this winter, accelerating John Mara's overhaul of the front office and coaching staff?

Or, faced with a choice of Beckham vs. the Giants, is the vocal pro-Manning majority actually the same group of fans that would prefer a faceless 53-man roster of silent yeomen and predictable stability to the drama, controversy and attention that Beckham— despite his talent and performance on the field — brings with him?

No one will know the answer to that question until Beckham and the Giants reach a public impasse. And it might never get to that point if the Giants, spearheaded by assistant GM Kevin Abrams, and Beckham, represented by Zeke Sandhu of Elite Athlete Management, agree on a lucrative, long-term contract extension quietly and soon." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.3832210

Excerpt: "In the most memorable commercial of Super Bowl Sunday, when Eli Manning hoisted Odell Beckham Jr. high into the air in some NFL-style “Dirty Dancing,” the Giants entertainingly changed the conversation from the doom and gloom of 2017 to Blue skies ahead next fall.

Manning and Beckham were the two natural stars to headline the spot: the beloved face-of-the-franchise, two-time Super Bowl MVP quarterback restored to his starting role after a house-cleaning; and the uber-talented, A-list celebrity receiver whose brand has gone global at age 25, who is hunting a Comeback Player of the Year award coming off injury, and who tantalizingly hasn't even yet reached his prime.

But do Manning and Beckham really engender the same affinity, loyalty and emotions in the hearts of Giants fans, who stood so strongly behind Manning against the organization's mishandlings this winter, accelerating John Mara's overhaul of the front office and coaching staff?

Or, faced with a choice of Beckham vs. the Giants, is the vocal pro-Manning majority actually the same group of fans that would prefer a faceless 53-man roster of silent yeomen and predictable stability to the drama, controversy and attention that Beckham— despite his talent and performance on the field — brings with him?

No one will know the answer to that question until Beckham and the Giants reach a public impasse. And it might never get to that point if the Giants, spearheaded by assistant GM Kevin Abrams, and Beckham, represented by Zeke Sandhu of Elite Athlete Management, agree on a lucrative, long-term contract extension quietly and soon." Read more...
    The ppl that write these things should lose their jobs! Now he brings DRAMA??? No he brings attention because he is that dang good and ppl don't like it. The media attempts to create drama around him. Outside of that Norman incident ppl would be really reaching to mount things together to constitute DRAMA.

It's payday time and now ppl want to write and talk about all the ways he should not get paid. Where was that talk when K Brown got his money Mr. Mara?????? Hmmm that's what I thought. No announcement of how we are going to behave moving forward!! Smh.
    A faceless 53?? SMH.....I don't remember this much uproar over Shockey. I had another poster try to defend LTs behavior back in the day as if OBJ has done anything comparable to LTs negative behavior, but he just as impactful. Yes LT won SBs but guess what he had 10 other guys on D with him and 11 guys on O that had to do their part as well.

Mara is becoming more and more of a clown by the day with his word choices. Even if he were asked the question he could have answered it better than that or hey Mr. Mara how just play dumb and pretend to not have all of the facts like you did BROWN. I guess you thought it would go unnoticed because he is a kicker.

Again, a lot of the fan base and this organization do not deserve a OBJ and ridicule him for one reason disguised as other reasons. If I were him and they mentioned ONE word about something that happened two years ago, an isolated incident or peeing jester that stemmed from ignorant comment made by the leader of the free world!!!!!! I would walk!! I would say thank you but no thank you and I would go else where and hope it was to a division rival so twice a year I could smear it in their smug, self righteous, hypocritical, undeserving faces.

Pay the man or let him go! Stop talking about it......He lives to win and everyone knows it. Stop grasping for straws to tear the guy down. Some fan are pathetic as they sit back and cast judgements on another person. Yes you can have an opinion, Yes you can feel annoyed or uncomfortable with his personality but IT DOES NOT give you the right to make stuff up or muddy the waters and pretend OBJ is the black eye of the league or the NYG for that matter. Hey do yourselves a favor and take a long look in the mirror because that is where your issues start and end.

Comment

Beckham is the best receiver the Giants have ever had, and his career start is among the best in the history of the NFL at the position. He's also exciting as hell to watch. Yeah, I think I back him....

Comment

Trade him before we lose him to FA for nothing in return.

Comment

Back him? You have some knuckleheads who would drive him to the airport and pay for his ticket out of town..

Comment

People are gonna say get rid of him, they hate his attitude, his showmanship, his celebrations, his dance moves, and that he didnt produce in 1 playoff game resulting in a loss due to his play

.....Those people are idiotic jabronis

Odell is the best WR we ever had. If he keeps it up, he may become arguably the best WR, POSSIBLY the best offensive player of all time

But yea, he has funny hair and dances too much.... SMH
            Come check the G-Fambulance and The Scarf Soldiers every home game in Lot L6, and like us on facebook and instagam 'NYG Scarf Soldiers'

Comment

With all due respect you always post links from the NYDN, they're such a garbage rag. I mean they employed Shaun King for a year. This article is such lazy tabloid garbage.

Comment

I don't ever remember hearing the words "contract drama" used with Eli.

How are we supposed to compare and contrast?
                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Too lazy to look it up, but aside from his rookie deal, didn't Eli's other deals follow SB wins?
                  "I hire my brains"...Horace Trumbauer

Comment

There's been 0 drama up to this point regarding Odell's contract. Must be a slow day for this writer.
                    NFL Draft (Realistic Hope):

Rd 1
                    Garrett Bolles - OT
                    David Njoku - TE
                    Zach Cunningham - OLB

Comment

The headline for that article is actually hilarious. Pat is working hard!

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                        I don't ever remember hearing the words "contract drama" used with Eli.

How are we supposed to compare and contrast?
                        By the reaction on this message board.

Comment

If Odel handles this situation like a professional, with grace and class every Giant fan will stand with him

Comment

All you die hard OBJ fans best better prepare yourselves for a lot of pouting and shenanigans from Beckham, because theres no way Gettleman is giving him the monster deal he feels he's entitled to!
                            There's a new Sheriff in town, the teacher is back in the room...,use whatever metaphor you like, but in a battle of wills......Gettleman is elite and Beckham is the bench player!!!
                            Don't be shocked if the monster deal you're all waiting for turns out to be something you never expected.
                            "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
                              If Odel handles this situation like a professional, with grace and class every Giant fan will stand with him
                              There's a better chance of Gettleman running a 4 minute 40 than Beckham acting like a professional!
                              "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Working...
                              X