Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phil Simms was better than Troy Aikman any day of the week.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phil Simms was better than Troy Aikman any day of the week.

Troy Aikman is one of the most overrated QB's in NFL history, yet he's a 1st ballot Hall Of Famer.
    Phil and Aikman played almost exactly the same number of games and in fewer attempts Phil had more yards, more TD's, more wins, a higher win % and more yards per attempt.

Aikman has the greatest O line in NFL history, a great running game Jay Novacek and a HOF WR in Michael Irvin.

Phil had Mark Bavaro for 6 years and in only three of them did he play an entire season. He didn't have a single WR selected to a pro bowl. He had a marginal O line for most of his career. He threw for 4000 yards in 1984 without a single guy catching 50 balls...and no running game...all in an era where you could kill the QB.

As I said....Aikman was supposedly a prolific winner yet Phil won more games and had a better win %. He also had the greatest game in SB history.

Phil was better looking....had better hair...had a better physique and could still kill Aikman in a fight.

Morehead has spoken!
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

no arguement here
    "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

He actually has better REGULAR season passing numbers than Bradshaw.
      And clearly better stats than Namath.
      I don't know about Troy being overrated. He could put that ball in the smallest openings...

Comment

I hate Dallas , So argument from me. Phil was a Good QB.
        "Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad." Darrell Royal

Comment

Plus the nfc east was much weaker when Aikman and Dallas were winning. Simms faced tougher competition all together imo.

Aikman is a betrer color commentator though.

Comment

I agree with you

Phil threw for 20+ TDs in a season 4 times.

Aikman only once!!!!

Aikman is the worst HoF QB by a wide margin IMO.

i mean especially take the time to look at Aikman compared to his peers in the mid 90s...Favre, Young, Bledsoe, Moon, Marino...all these guys were so much better than Aikman it is quite laughable.

You could legitimately argue that Jeff George had more ability than Aikman
            Last edited by TE88; 02-21-2018, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TE88 View Post
              I agree with you

Phil threw for 20+ TDs in a season 4 times.

Aikman only once!!!!

Aikman is the worst HoF QB by a wide margin IMO.

i mean especially take the time to look at Aikman compared to his peers in the mid 90s...Favre, Young, Bledsoe, Moon...all these guys were so much better than Aikman it is quite laughable.
              I believe that Bledsoe should be in and it's a damn shame that they've kept Phil Simms out in order to enshrine guys like Aikman and Kurt Warner
              Not playing in that 2nd Super Bowl is the main reason he isn't in
              If he had ring #2 form XXV its a no brainer

Comment

No quarrel from me!
                Unfortunately, the votes are in the hands of schmucks , whose criteria for getting in is all over the map, never consistent, and is largely superficial or irrelevant !
                And people need to stop dragging Namath's name into these ftypes of debates, because Namath's era of QB was apples and oranges with Phil's.... and apples and snow tires with todays QBs.
                Last edited by bigblue58; 02-21-2018, 01:57 PM.
                "I'M ALL FOR IT!"

John McKay, HC of the 1976 winless TB Buccaneers, when asked by a reporter, how McKay felt, about the execution of his offense.

Comment

Yup I agree, that's why you really don't need a superstar QB. Just a game manager like Aikman.

Build the O-line, draft Barkley and pair him up with other future HOF in Engram and ODB. Boom- Webb becomes the next Aikman.

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue58 View Post
                    No quarrel from me!
                    Unfortunately, the votes are in the hands of schmucks , whose criteria for getting in is all over the map, never consistent, and is largely superficial! Or irrelevant !
                    And not for nothing, but if we're going to acknowledge what Phil Simms DIDN'T have, can people cut Eli slack for trying to compete with even LESS talent available to him than Phil had!
                    Eli has had three of the greatest receivers in the history of Giants football....Odell Beckham Jr. may be the best receiver in the league

Comment

I'm gonna have to call BS.

Aikman had better hair, hands down...other than that, it's pretty hard to argue with the facts.
                      "I hire my brains"...Horace Trumbauer

Comment

Aikman was a better country singer as well.

Comment

That 199 will always irk me......

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            Troy Aikman is one of the most overrated QB's in NFL history, yet he's a 1st ballot Hall Of Famer.
                            Phil and Aikman played almost exactly the same number of games and in fewer attempts Phil had more yards, more TD's, more wins, a higher win % and more yards per attempt.

Aikman has the greatest O line in NFL history, a great running game Jay Novacek and a HOF WR in Michael Irvin.

Phil had Mark Bavaro for 6 years and in only three of them did he play an entire season. He didn't have a single WR selected to a pro bowl. He had a marginal O line for most of his career. He threw for 4000 yards in 1984 without a single guy catching 50 balls...and no running game...all in an era where you could kill the QB.

As I said....Aikman was supposedly a prolific winner yet Phil won more games and had a better win %. He also had the greatest game in SB history.

Phil was better looking....had better hair...had a better physique and could still kill Aikman in a fight.

Morehead has spoken!
                            I did not see enough of Simms' career to have an opinion one way or another. That said, if Simms' career is comparable to Aikman's; he has no business in the Hall of Fame because Aikman has no business being in the Hall of Fame. Using undeserving inductees as a rational for letting in other undeserving inductees is how the Hall of Fame carries little more weight than a participation trophy for the NFL.

Comment

You guys are tripping. Aikman overrated?? Dude could throw and sling with the best of them. Aikman is definitely not the worst HoF qb enshrined. When you have a great oline along with Emmitt Smith then obviously you run down the oppositions throat since no one could stop them. Aikman was better than what his overall stats look like.

Comment

Working...
                              X