Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jomo View Post
    What is the source for your 60%
    Don't you know 87.5814% of internet stats are made up?

Comment

Originally posted by Drez View Post
      You guys do realize that if Nicks has an injury plagued year it'll make it A LOT easier for us to resign him, no?
      So that's what we should root for?

Comment

Originally posted by TCHOF View Post
        You are good at missing the point, eh?

Comment

You're good at making statements with no point, eh?

So, humor me, and tell me what the intended point of your statement was?

Comment

Are you really unable to understand the point I was making in reference to my quoted post? If so, I don't know how clearer I could be.

Comment

Are you really unable to understand the point I was making in reference to my quoted post? If so, I don't know how clearer I could be.

Comment

Originally posted by Glaw View Post
                Nicks is one of the best receivers out there not named Johnson when he's healthy, not to mention one of my favorites. Randle could be real good but a Nicks type talent is hard to replace. Nicks' health will have a lot to say about his contract and how big it is and his Giant career.
                woah woah woah nicks is borderline top 10

Comment

If I had to hazard a guess, I would guess that you actually believe that we have a better chance of resigning Nicks if he has an injury plagued year this year.

If that's your point, then you are wrong. You are correct that the Giants won't pay top dollar to sign Nicks if he has an injury plagued season but, contrary to your "point", that will increase the chance that Nicks leaves in free agency since there will be at least one team that will make the mistake of giving Nicks a deal based upon what his production would/should be if he is healthy.

Comment

If I had to hazard a guess, I would guess that you actually believe that we have a better chance of resigning Nicks if he has an injury plagued year this year.

If that's your point, then you are wrong. You are correct that the Giants won't pay top dollar to sign Nicks if he has an injury plagued season but, contrary to your "point", that will increase the chance that Nicks leaves in free agency since there will be at least one team that will make the mistake of giving Nicks a deal based upon what his production would/should be if he is healthy.
                    If Nicks has an injury plagued year, he won't command top dollar, which would in fact make it easier to sign him. Whether or not we would try is up to debate, but it being easier isn't. I don't think if Nicks has a year like last that there'd be a team out there willing to give him a $10m/yr+ contract.

However, where in any of that do you get that I think we should root for Nicks to have an injury plagued year? And to that end, you completely missed the point.

Comment

If Nicks has an injury plagued year, he won't command top dollar, which would in fact make it easier to sign him. Whether or not we would try is up to debate, but it being easier isn't. I don't think if Nicks has a year like last that there'd be a team out there willing to give him a $10m/yr+ contract.

However, where in any of that do you get that I think we should root for Nicks to have an injury plagued year? And to that end, you completely missed the point.
                      It's a fascinating theory, but the problem is that there are at least a half a dozen teams that routinely overpay for talent, and Nicks would only need one to come his way.
                      Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
                        It's a fascinating theory, but the problem is that there are at least a half a dozen teams that routinely overpay for talent, and Nicks would only need one to come his way.
                        Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by jomo View Post
                          What is the source for your 60%
                          I know, that might be too high. Im trying to remember Nicks being fully healthy for a few games in a row outside of the 2011 playoff run, and I cant do it.
                          WE ALREADY HAVE A GREAT RUNNING BACK:

Comment

Reuben Randle is really ready for ridiculous receptions

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                              Reuben Randle is really ready for ridiculous receptions
                              Excellent use of alliteration.
                              My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                                Excellent use of alliteration.
                                why thank you kind sir

Comment

Working...
                                X