Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randle Wants A Bigger Role, Seems Ready

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...-appears-ready

Excerpt: "Hakeem Nicks is one of the keys, if not the biggest key, to the Giants' fate in 2013.

But in a split-second, Rueben Randle could instead become the biggest factor.

We found that out Sunday, when Nicks looked great during individual drills, but then missed the rest of practice after feeling tightness in his groin.

If Nicks goes down during the regular season (as he did last year), Randle becomes a starter, with a lot more responsibility -- something Randle wants regardless.

"I just want to go out there and make more plays," Randle said Sunday, prior to the second practice of training camp. "I think we left a lot of them out there last season that could have at least gotten us into the playoffs and had a chance to go into the Super Bowl. So I feel like we could make up on that and come out this season and make a lot of more plays."

Randle had an up-and-down rookie year with Big Blue after being drafted in the second round out of LSU. Overall, he had just 19 receptions for 288 yards. But he did show flashes of future stardom from time to time. In a Week 5 win over the Browns, he had a season-high six catches for 82 yards. And in the Giants' season-ending victory over the Eagles, he had four catches for 58 yards, including a pair of touchdowns.

Randle said Sunday that he wants to leave his rookie year behind and focus on the future.

"I feel like I've done everything, I can do everything pretty well now," Randle said. "I think I've learned from my mistakes and what I need to really work on, and just exploit those things to really get better overall." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Seeing as though Nicks seems to be made of glass Randle may get his wish.
    sigpic

Jerry Reese. The Adrien Robinson of GM's.

Comment

He will get it. And he will be our replacement for Nicks in 2014.
      The Problem is the Oline, PERIOD

Comment

Reuben is ready

Comment

man, i am really liking what RR is doing/saying this offseason. guy is gonna be an impact player for us this year. he's gonna benefit a lot from the attn nicks n cruz will get, and seeing as RR has legitimate game himself, it's gonna be a lot of fun to watch.

Comment

I've always liked Randle's game, but his professionalism worried me. I don't think there's much concern left. KG has raved about his professionalism this entire offseason.
            My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
              I've always liked Randle's game, but his professionalism worried me. I don't think there's much concern left. KG has raved about his professionalism this entire offseason.
              I certainly don't have any concern for him any longer. That's what kept him on the draft board until the end of the 2nd round as well... he was otherwise graded to be a first round talent IIRC.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                KG is also raving about his new game plan. Shotgun Draw! It's a new thing, never been done before...

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                  +1. I hope so.
                  http://boards.giants.com/showthread....est-game/page6
                  http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2554_A_brief,_fact-filled_history_of_the_NFL_passing_game.html
                  http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732732/is-new-york-giants-qb-eli-manning-worthy-hall-fame-espn-magazine

Entire Team Let Eli down today - NYG4l

Comment

Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                    We will keep all three for at least the next 2 years and go on to dominate the NFL.
                    Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                      Reuben is ready

one om my favorite late night(early morning) diner choices.....
                      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Randle is such a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                          Reuben is ready

Yeah, but Rueben wants a bigger ROLL...

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                            one om my favorite late night(early morning) diner choices.....
                            I'm getting one today.. Mmmmm

Comment

Man our offense is going to be fun to watch this year!
                              "Team sports are a different animal. They tap into deep seeded tribal instincts. Our team vs your team used to be our tribe vs your tribe. Winner takes all – land, plunder, women. You inherently care when you are aligned with a tribe/team. The players are interchangeable but team always stays the same." - JOESONDO from UG forum

Comment

Working...
                              X