Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Say the Giants pick a QB at #2 and they are 1-6 and out of playoff contention...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say the Giants pick a QB at #2 and they are 1-6 and out of playoff contention...

Are you going to be calling for the Giants to start the rookie or keep saying Eli Manning deserves to finish out the season?

Alex Trebek: Things I don't even want to contemplate.....

Comment

If they drafted a QB #1, & we're outta playoff contention by mid Oct, then yeah, I'm all for putting him in. Back in 04' we were in playoff contention with a 5-2 record & the Giants basically said "screw the season, let's see what we have in our #1 pick" & promptly went 1-8 the rest of the way. Had they kept Warner at QB, we more than likely make the playoffs that yr & who knows how deep we coulda gone.

Comment

Originally posted by buried_in_snow View Post
        Are you going to be calling for the Giants to start the rookie or keep saying Eli Manning deserves to finish out the season?
        In your scenario the rookie should play at that point and I don't think anyone would complain about it.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueJayC View Post

Alex Trebek: Things I don't even want to contemplate.....
          lol... duly noted. But it is a hypothetical

Comment

Originally posted by nycowns View Post

In your scenario the rookie should play at that point and I don't think anyone would complain about it.
            So then why was there such an uproar when fans were wanting to see Davis Webb start in 2017 under the same circumstances?

Comment

So then why was there such an uproar when fans were wanting to see Davis Webb start in 2017 under the same circumstances?
              Because Webb sucks

Comment

Because Davis Webb is not the future of the Giants' organization. Apples and oranges.

Comment

Really? That's what you saw?

Here's what I saw: A large part of the Giants fan base, a large number of both current and former players, and pretty much every analyst, pundit and expert were appalled that he Giants benched Eli for Geno, a man who has no future with the Giants, and is not a starter in this league.

When that ended, almost everyone was asking where was Webb.

Rich Eisen literally asked if Ben could be fired prior to the start of the Raiders game so that Eli could be put in as the starter, and followed that up by asking each and every week "where's Davis Webb"?

I saw no one, aside from Bronxpinstripes, say that Webb should not be out there, in some capacity. And his objection was more procedural than anything else.
                  "I hire my brains"...Horace Trumbauer

Comment

Because Webb sucks
                    You know this how?

And are you assuming pick #2 won't suck?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

Because Davis Webb is not the future of the Giants' organization.
                      Now it doesn't appear so (because of the new regime) but he certainly had the potential to be in 2017.

Or why else do you draft a QB in the 3rd round?
                      Last edited by buried_in_snow; 02-26-2018, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

Really? That's what you saw?

Here's what I saw: A large part of the Giants fan base, a large number of both current and former players, and pretty much every analyst, pundit and expert were appalled that he Giants benched Eli for Geno, a man who has no future with the Giants, and is not a starter in this league.
                        That's not what I'm talking about so I won't comment on it.

I saw no one, aside from Bronxpinstripes, say that Webb should not be out there, in some capacity. And his objection was more procedural than anything else.
                        What I'm talking about is this board, amongst several, that's full of fans. Going back to October there were many of us calling for Webb. The season was shot. Why not see what Webb has?

The mere mention of that created an uproar amongst the Eli Elite. Most notable retorts were predicated upon such nonsense as "you don't treat Eli that way... Eli deserves better... Eli should finish out the season, etc." All of which made no business sense whatsoever.

Comment

That's not what I'm talking about so I won't comment on it.

What I'm talking about is this board, amongst several, that's full of fans. Going back to October there were many of us calling for Webb. The season was shot. Why not see what Webb has?

The mere mention of that created an uproar amongst the Eli Elite. Most notable retorts were predicated upon such nonsense as "you don't treat Eli that way... Eli deserves better... Eli should finish out the season, etc." All of which made no business sense whatsoever.
                          ....so this thread is directed at the 4 or 5 guys on here that are just diehard Eli fans?

Maybe you should have just PMed them
                          "I hire my brains"...Horace Trumbauer

Comment

Because Webb sucks
                            And you based that on what ?? Would he have been any worse then Eli if he played ?? Oh wait I forgot, when Eli plays bad its because of his line and receivers dropping balls, when Webb plays bad its because he sucks...Man its great to be Eli on this forum !!

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post

....so this thread is directed at the 4 or 5 guys on here that are just diehard Eli fans?

Maybe you should have just PMed them
                              You really think it was just 4 or 5 posters? Then you must be new here.

And no, this is directed at anyone/everyone who wants to give their thoughts on the subject. You know, the entire premise of a fan forum.

Comment

Working...
                              X