Victor Cruz: Nicks is the number 1 WR.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
    Its just stunning to me. I understand a player complaining about their contract years down the road when guaranteed money is out and other players are making far more at the same position.

But I have never heard a guy complain about his contract three days after signing it
    Why is this a big deal either way? It was a long negotiation and JR held his ground. I can see a little disappointment after what I'm sure his agent was telling him he would get.
    Its just not that big a deal. Its training camp time now. It has to be about football from here on out.

Thank God!
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Thats my point. If he complained then said nevermind its fine. End of story.

But then he goes again saying how undervalued/underpaid the position he plays is.
      We'll just have to agree to disagree.

I look at the context of the situation and the question asked. But that's just me.
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• You guys have turned me into a Cruz fan boy. Jesus.

I am a Nicks fan boy (girl).
        Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
          Why is this a big deal either way? It was a long negotiation and JR held his ground. I can see a little disappointment after what I'm sure his agent was telling him he would get.
          Its just not that big a deal. Its training camp time now. It has to be about football from here on out.

Thank God!
          I just cant understand being "disappointed" after going from UDFA to multi millionaire.

But maybe thats just me.

Comment

I just cant understand being "disappointed" after going from UDFA to multi millionaire.

But maybe thats just me.
            Yeah that is weird. Who was that basketball player who said something about his family can't eat on the salary he is making yet he is making millions?

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
              Its why I'm glad they didn't overpay for Cruz. He got a nice deal but it was definitely team friendly as well.
              I think it was a nice deal too, but you would hate me as a G.M. cause I would've gave him 9 a year.
              sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

• Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
                I think it was a nice deal too, but you would hate me as a G.M. cause I would've gave him 9 a year.
                And mess up our team? Giants need more talent than just him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
                  And mess up our team? Giants need more talent than just him.
                  exactly why I said you guys would hate me a a G.M. lol....I would just hate to see him playing for another team.
                  sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

Comment

• Originally posted by AllHailEli View Post
                    What Cruz is really saying is that he wanted to be the next Alex Rodriguez of football and break salary record.

My advice to Cruz: PUT UP OR SHUT UP! Since he already put up with the contract, it's time to shut up.
                    dumbest post of the day.....congrats....
                    Cruz = A-Rod.....please
                    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Originally posted by Diamondring View Post
                      Yeah it doesn't make sense. He got lucky to get 1,000 yards.
                      you still make zero sense...is that you Jakk????
                      Last edited by GameTime; 07-29-2013, 05:44 PM.
                      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                        you still make zero sense...is the Jakk????
                        "Is the Jakk" doesn't make much sense either.
                        My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
                          "Is the Jakk" doesn't make much sense either.
                          touche'

Comment

Apparently, because he keeps talking about how the position he plays isnt valued highly enough.
                            Actually, the "he keeps talking about" is in the mind of you and some others in this thread. It's not what he's actually doing.

The reality is that soon after finally signing his contract he responded to questions as to why it took him so long to finally sign it, given that the same contract he signed had been on the table for him for many weeks (according to Giants FO). His response--seemed to me at any rate--was more an acknowledgement that for a long time he thought his contract should be closer in terms to the recent contracts signed this off season by WRs with similar or even lesser numbers than he's had the past 2 years--like Wallace, Bowe, Harvin, for example.

Whether you agree with his thinking that way or not, the fact is that purely in numbers, it was understandable he thought that way for a while. It was when he finally realized--probably after a lot of discussions with his new agent convincing him of the reality of his own specific situation--that the Giants offer was in fact better than any other "slot receiver's" contract, and that meant Giants valued him at better than a typical slot but less than a top tiered #1, that he came to his final conclusion. THAT'S what the "tough to accept" part of his deliberation was.

Once he signed the contract--and, of course, after all the heat he took for being so openly honest about his thought process a few days later--he clarified what he meant, and that he was indeed extremely happy with his future continuation with the Giants, including his contract.

But of course, the follow up to his one "controversial" comment spoils the narrative you and others continue to enjoy to an orgiastic degree.

The only other time he commented upon how the league in general has valued the slot position over the years u to now--ie, the "he keeps talking about" portion of your narrative--was this morning, in the midst of an interview, in response to a direct question concerning that topic.

Wow, what a malcontent. What a cancer in the Giants locker room. For sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                              dumbest post of the day.....congrats....
                              Cruz = A-Rod.....please
                              I'm just reading between the lines. If it's preposterous, then it is as preposterous as Cruz claiming he is "underpaid." I'm just going with his own flow.

Comment

• Originally posted by AllHailEli View Post
                                I'm just reading between the lines. If it's preposterous, then it is as preposterous as Cruz claiming he is "underpaid." I'm just going with his own flow.
                                another meaning of reading between the lines is wild *** guess......

Comment

Working...
                                X