Victor Cruz: Nicks is the number 1 WR.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Redeyejedi View Post
    Cruz is starting to piss me off. The guy should move passed it now its over. He didnt have to sign with the Giants.
    Yeah.....He pretty much did.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by GiantsFan27 View Post
      people can talk about whatever they want. and that includes me saying that what they're talking (or whining) about is silly.
      Yeah, but telling people to "get a life"? Unnecessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by gmen46 View Post
        If you saw the "NFL AM" video in which Cruz was speaking about this today, you would know he was responding directly to a question that specifically asked him in light of the recent trend of teams using the slot more, and in light of Tayon(?) Austin being picked high in 1st rd of 2013 draft, in light of Harvin receiving big contract, in light of Welker's successes, and in spite of his own new contract--did Cruz think that up until now the slot position was undervalued. Not underpaid. Not was he, Cruz, underpaid. But "has the slot position up until recently been undervalued in his opinion?"

Cruz answered that question, and he's not wrong.

It's you're right to assume. Cruz had his own contract negotiation in the back of his mind when he answered the generalized question of course, but you don't have a right to make up the facts.

He did not say that he, or any specific current slot receiver, is underpaid. Saying--in response to a generalized question-- that a position has up until recently been generally "undervalued by the league" is not identical to saying he himself is underpaid.

Gametime is right about your post in this thread.
        Eloquent and 100% correct.
        Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
          Unfortunately, Cruz is the current Pinata no matter what he says or doesn't say. He says Nicks is the # 1 receiver and that turns out to be a negative in terms of his contract despite the fact that he has said repeatedly he is happy with his contract. .
          Thats not true, I have never had anything bad to say about Cruz. But a guy saying a couple days after signing a huge contract that he took less than he deserved and that it is "tough" to accept I just dont think is a thing a player should be saying, much less thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
            Thats not true, I have never had anything bad to say about Cruz. But a guy saying a couple days after signing a huge contract that he took less than he deserved and that it is "tough" to accept I just dont think is a thing a player should be saying, much less thinking.
            That wasn't directed at you, there is a legion of fans who have voiced those thoughts.
            “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• I think it's great that we have a young man playing for this franchise that has a dollar value in mind for his worth. Cruz is no different than any other businessman I know. Everybody in business pitches their product on the high end of the value spectrum. I've never heard of anybody selling there service for less then they were worth or thought they were worth, and if they did they weren't in business for long. EVERYBODY is looking for a premium.
              Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

• Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                I think it's great that we have a young man playing for this franchise that has a dollar value in mind for his worth. Cruz is no different than any other businessman I know. Everybody in business pitches their product on the high end of the value spectrum. I've never heard of anybody selling there service for less then they were worth or thought they were worth, and if they did they weren't in business for long. EVERYBODY is looking for a premium.
                so true....we all use the term..."its a business". But when a player treats it as such then he is a whiner, complainer, etc.
                While their are such players Cruz is NOT one of them. Not even close.
                "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• I'm glad to have a guy like VC as a NYGiant. He's quick, fast, good hands ( most of the time) and we learned he's smart and has a decent group representing him. He's learned where to go and not to go when around the media in New York. He's become a New York Giant...On and off the field! Who's #1? We'll find out this year!

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                    That wasn't directed at you, there is a legion of fans who have voiced those thoughts.
                    I'll be honest RF. There have been a few posters but generally Cruz has been treated well on the MB.
                    You might allow for the possibility that you are a little sensitive on this issue.

(I mean that in a good way.....don't ban me)

Comment

• Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                      The difference is the position they play. By where Cruz is aligned he is inherently a more difficult guy to cover with a two way go. So he often is doubled no matter who else is on the field at receiver. But that is true for most slot receivers. The really good ones still get open.

Nicks on the other hand does not demand double coverage based on where he lines up, but instead by how good he is.
                      this post right here is where it's at

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        I'll be honest RF. There have been a few posters but generally Cruz has been treated well on the MB.
                        You might allow for the possibility that you are a little sensitive on this issue.

(I mean that in a good way.....don't ban me)
                        ban him....again...
                        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                          ban him....again...
                          You'd miss me too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            You'd miss me too much.
                            well.....maybe....

Comment

Working...
                            X