Victor Cruz: Nicks is the number 1 WR.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruttiger711 View Post
    I can agree with that rationale - but when has that happened?
    I am waiting too.
    Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Originally posted by njg85m View Post
      Translation:

Dear defenses, please continue to double team Nicks.
      lmfao
      sigpic
      FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post
        Is that far fetched to think? The past two seasons would agree with that assessment. I have always felt Nicks is the better player, but we have to factor in injuries. And Cruz has him beat by a Country mile.
        I'd take Nicks that misses 2-3 games a year, but is ready for the playoffs over a healthy Cruz if I had to make the choice. Just my opinion.
        Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

Comment

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
          Did you watch the 2011 playoffs? You know the games that count the most.
          Did I watch my favorite team Super Bowl run in 2011? Yes!!!!
          Did I watch Nicks have 4 td's in 4 games? Yes. I saw a player dominate opposing cornerbacks. (See bucks game in 2012)
          You must misconstrue my comments as insult or downgrading Nicks, when I have not done neither. I have given observations on what Cruz has done the past two seasons, and you can't argue any of my points are falsify. I even stated Nicks is the better player, but apparently you missed that. Both players benefit from each other, is that false? I also recall that 2011 playoff run Cruz had a stellar post season as well. But to your knowledge that is due solely on Nicks being on the field no?
          Last edited by primetime; 07-29-2013, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Did I watch Nicks have 4 td's in 4 games? Yes. I saw a player dominate opposing cornerbacks. (See bucks game in 2012)
            You must misconstrue my comments has insult or downgrading Nicks, when I have not done either. I have given observations on what Cruz has done the past two seasons, and you can't argue any of my points are falsify. I even stated Nicks is the better player, but apparently you missed that. Both players benefit from each other, is that false? I also recall that 2011 playoff run Cruz had a stellar post season as well. But to your knowledge that is due solely on Nicks being on the field no?
            All Cruz did was state the obvious.
            Nicks draws the best corner on the team and the double teams. Cruz generally plays in the slot.
            Nicks is most certainly the #1 WR on our team.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
              All Cruz did was state the obvious.
              Nicks draws the best corner on the team and the double teams. Cruz generally plays in the slot.
              Nicks is most certainly the #1 WR on our team.
              agreed
              sigpic
              FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

All Cruz did was state the obvious.Nicks draws the best corner on the team and the double teams. Cruz generally plays in the slot.Nicks is most certainly the #1 WR on our team.
                /thread
                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

I don't think Cruz is racist, a diva, greedy, or anything extreme along those lines. Has he been annoying as hell lately? Yes.
                  My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

You must misconstrue my comments has insult or downgrading Nicks, when I have not done either. I have given observations on what Cruz has done the past two seasons, and you can't argue any of my points are falsify. I even stated Nicks is the better player, but apparently you missed that. Both players benefit from each other, is that false? I also recall that 2011 playoff run Cruz had a stellar post season as well. But to your knowledge that is due solely on Nicks being on the field no?
                    There is a symbiotic relationship there, I'll give you that, but it's 65% to 35%, with Cruz receiving 65% of the benefit. Both are better together than they are apart, but Nicks has proven that he can destroy one on one coverage from some of the best corners in the league, regardless of who the other receivers are. He's done it before and with Cruz. I'm not as confident in Cruz's ability to do the same.

Week in and week out Nicks faces the best corner the other team has and they still have to double team him. When they are both on the field Cruz just has to beat the double team most times. Honestly, some teams chose to double Cruz in 2011 when he had his break-out season, but it didn't last long. Nicks would have field days when teams did this.

Comment

Teams can double team both Nicks and Cruz. That's what makes the #3 receiver, whether it's Randle or Murphy, or a TE or even back that much more critical. If any of them can consistently beat single coverage Eli will go to them all game and rack up huge yards

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                        Teams can double team both Nicks and Cruz. That's what makes the #3 receiver, whether it's Randle or Murphy, or a TE or even back that much more critical. If any of them can consistently beat single coverage Eli will go to them all game and rack up huge yards
                        One of the reasons I think Randle will have a huge season.

Comment

One of the reasons I think Randle will have a huge season.
                          It's very possible. Murphy may give them something that they have never had. A guy who can readily take the top off the defense. And Myers is a very capable receiving TE. And I personally think David Wilson has a ton of upside as a receiving back.

But it's still very much dependent on Nicks and Cruz to force teams to double them

Comment

It's very possible. Murphy may give them something that they have never had. A guy who can readily take the top off the defense. And Myers is a very capable receiving TE. And I personally think David Wilson has a ton of upside as a receiving back.

But it's still very much dependent on Nicks and Cruz to force teams to double them
                            My confidence in Murphy is very low given his 4 year record as a pro. He had a huge chance last year in Carolina and fell on his face.

Comment

My confidence in Murphy is very low given his 4 year record as a pro. He had a huge chance last year in Carolina and fell on his face.
                              I don't expect much from Murphy production wise. But I do think if he has the vertical ability that he should, he will open things up for other players. And if a defense does ignore him, he can haul in some big plays.

I think part of the issue in his career is teams just keep a safety deep on him. Teams may not be able to do that as often with him on the giants as the #3 or #4

Comment

I don't expect much from Murphy production wise. But I do think if he has the vertical ability that he should, he will open things up for other players. And if a defense does ignore him, he can haul in some big plays.

I think part of the issue in his career is teams just keep a safety deep on him. Teams may not be able to do that as often with him on the giants as the #3 or #4
                                He's #4 at best.
                                With Meyers on the field I just don't see a lot of formations where Murphy is on the field.
                                Empty backfield I guess and we suck in empty backfield.

Comment

Working...
                                X