Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Victor Cruz: Nicks is the number 1 WR.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by AllHailEli View Post
    What Cruz is really saying is that he wanted to be the next Alex Rodriguez of football and break salary record.

    My advice to Cruz: PUT UP OR SHUT UP! Since he already put up with the contract, it's time to shut up.
    He's been putting up the past 2 years. WTF are you talking about?

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by gmen46 View Post

      He did not say that he, or any specific current slot receiver, is underpaid. Saying--in response to a generalized question-- that a position has up until recently been generally "undervalued by the league" is not identical to saying he himself is underpaid.

      Gametime is right about your post in this thread.
      Cruz said a few days ago that he got a contract that pays him less than he is worth.

      So yes, he has

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by gmen46 View Post
        He's been putting up the past 2 years. WTF are you talking about?
        1-1/4 - kind of fell off after that... in terms of what people are enamored with anyway.

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by gmen46 View Post
          He's been putting up the past 2 years. WTF are you talking about?
          He put up with that contract also and signed it, so what is his problem? He's got all the options in the world, and he chose to sign it. Time to shut up!

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
            He's talking about contracts in his quote. Saying that guys should be paid for what they do on the field not the position they line up
            If you watched NFL AM, they asked about the position, not contracts, and he said the exact same quote as the article. Giants101 isn't that great.
            Mood: WOOF!

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
              If you watched NFL AM, they asked about the position, not contracts, and he said the exact same quote as the article. Giants101 isn't that great.
              It's the same thing though. If the position is undervalued that shows in two ways. Draft picks and contracts. Mainly contracts.

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by Eliscruzzz View Post
                Sounds like he's a little bitter about how he is just being labeled a slot wr, which leads me to believe he is still upset about his contract. I like Cruz but he could've left out the undervalued part, cause it's just not true. Teams do value the slot position but just not as much as a big physical wr on the outside.
                Either Mara or Reese (or maybe both, at different times) was quoted this off season, before the final contract, as saying that Cruz is more than just a slot receiver. That belief is reflected in Cruz' final contract. It's some in the media (and some fans on this board) that insist upon labeling him as "just a slot receiver". Cruz is not "bitter" about it. He's correct in stating that teams' perception and use of the "slot receiver" is in a transition right now. And that's all he was saying.

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by gmen46 View Post
                  Either Mara or Reese (or maybe both, at different times) was quoted this off season, before the final contract, as saying that Cruz is more than just a slot receiver. That belief is reflected in Cruz' final contract. It's some in the media (and some fans on this board) that insist upon labeling him as "just a slot receiver". Cruz is not "bitter" about it. He's correct in stating that teams' perception and use of the "slot receiver" is in a transition right now. And that's all he was saying.
                  If Cruz thought he was paid like an outside receiver he would not have said he took less money than he deserved and he should have been paid based off his production not the position he played.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                    Cruz said a few days ago that he got a contract that pays him less than he is worth.

                    So yes, he has
                    So every statement he makes now and in the future about being a WR in the NFL--no matter what the question and his response is to the question-- is defined absolutely by one unrelated specific comment he made in the past? That's nonsense. And you know it.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      I believe Cruz has the skills to be an outside WR as well, but how come people have negative connotations with the term "slot WR"?? I loved Cruz dismantling Asomogha on the outside last year, but I think his skill set (especially with Reuben emerging) is better suited in the slot.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by gmen46 View Post
                        So every statement he makes now and in the future about being a WR in the NFL--no matter what the question and his response is to the question-- is defined absolutely by one unrelated specific comment he made in the past? That's nonsense. And you know it.
                        I hope this is not the case.
                        Mood: WOOF!

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by gmen46 View Post
                          So every statement he makes now and in the future about being a WR in the NFL--no matter what the question and his response is to the question-- is defined absolutely by one unrelated specific comment he made in the past? That's nonsense. And you know it.
                          Slippy is just being a troublemaker.
                          As one myself, I can identify them easily.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                            It's the same thing though. If the position is undervalued that shows in two ways. Draft picks and contracts. Mainly contracts.
                            But his specific comment had nothing to do with his contract. Giants10- decided to just throw that in there because idk.
                            Mood: WOOF!

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by Mod_N View Post
                              I believe Cruz has the skills to be an outside WR as well, but how come people have negative connotations with the term "slot WR"?? I loved Cruz dismantling Asomogha on the outside last year, but I think his skill set (especially with Reuben emerging) is better suited in the slot.
                              +1
                              sigpicShould the Giants fire Gilbride....

                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONL7L...yer_detailpage

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by gmen46 View Post
                                So every statement he makes now and in the future about being a WR in the NFL--no matter what the question and his response is to the question-- is defined absolutely by one unrelated specific comment he made in the past? That's nonsense. And you know it.
                                Every time Cruz says the position he plays is underpaid or that he got less than he deserved, yes.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X