No announcement yet.

Victor Cruz: Nicks is the number 1 WR.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Victor Cruz: Nicks is the number 1 WR.

http://www.giants101.com/2013/07/29/...wide-receiver/

Well that's that
    Mood: WOOF!

Comment

There goes Cruz whining about being underpaid again

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
        There goes Cruz whining about being underpaid again
        Is that reading between the lines?

Comment

Originally posted by Moke View Post
          Is that reading between the lines?
          No. It's what he said.

"I do think we've been undervalued; I think it definitely signifies a change in the game," Cruz said. " … I think the numbers are the numbers and they have to be scaled according to the tops in the league no matter where you line up on the field."

Comment

Nicks 1A
            Cruz 1B

Comment

No. It's what he said.

"I do think we've been undervalued; I think it definitely signifies a change in the game," Cruz said. " … I think the numbers are the numbers and they have to be scaled according to the tops in the league no matter where you line up on the field."
              Hmmmm, I guess you can take it that way.

Comment

Hmmmm, I guess you can take it that way.
                How else can you take it?

Cruz saying that slot receivers are underpaid and should be paid more based off their production.

What else can you get from that other than thinking it's Cruz saying he should have been paid more?

Comment

How else can you take it?

Cruz saying that slot receivers are underpaid and should be paid more based off their production.

What else can you get from that other than thinking it's Cruz saying he should have been paid more?
                  by "we've" does he mean slot receivers? Could have sworn he was talking about Nicks and Cruz.

Comment

Nevermind, I see where it says it now. Gotcha

Comment

No. It's what he said.

Is there a different translation for English that I don't know about. If you say a player said he was underpaid. Then I aught to see, "I was underpaid." in quotes. Otherwise he didn't say it and you are inferring it.

So, because he works in an industry with a much higher pay scale then most professions he has to be happy with whatever bone the owners / management throw him. That's crazy. I'll never sign a million dollar contract. I've bust my *** to get in a position to make an average salary for an average American, yet I have no problem with a millionaire being unhappy with his/her pay.

If you're making $1 billion dollars and there are people that do exactly what you do, but have inferior performance and are making $2 Billion dollars then you are going to feel like complaining. Its the way humans are. More than anything we want fairness.

I want Cruz to get on the mic and complain everyday. Its his prerogative. Seriously, it doesn't bother me in the least bit. Knowing how much owners rake in off of my efforts, I would never leave one red cent on the table to play for any team- home team or not.
                      Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Undervalued means underpaid though

Comment

Exactly.

Plus Cruz already said a week ago that he "took less money than he deserved"

Comment

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                            Is there a different translation for English that I don't know about. If you say a player said he was underpaid. Then I aught to see, "I was underpaid." in quotes. Otherwise he didn't say it and you are inferring it.

So, because he works in an industry with a much higher pay scale then most professions he has to be happy with whatever bone the owners / management throw him. That's crazy. I'll never sign a million dollar contract. I've bust my *** to get in a position to make an average salary for an average American, yet I have no problem with a millionaire being unhappy with his/her pay.

If you're making $1 billion dollars and there are people that do exactly what you do, but have inferior performance and are making $2 Billion dollars then you are going to feel like complaining. Its the way humans are. More than anything we want fairness.

I want Cruz to get on the mic and complain everyday. Its his prerogative. Seriously, it doesn't bother me in the least bit. Knowing how much owners rake in off of my efforts, I would never leave one red cent on the table to play for any team- home team or not.
                            You either line up as the #1 or you don't

Comment

"We've been undervalued." is spoken in the past tense. So I assume he's talking about in the past slot receivers in general. The "We" lets you know he is not specifically talking about himself, but about the position in general.

He never expressed the sentiment I think I am underpaid.
                              Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Working...
                              X