X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EliDaMANning View Post
    and DD had nothing to do with it.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...nsive-tackles/

So you’ve seen the good, but what about the bad? The man who finished bottom of the entire NFL only saw 246 snaps at tackle after being forced to move there, yet, despite his flaws, walked out with a Super Bowl ring. David Diehl gave up four sacks, six hits and 20 hurries while spending 246 snaps in pass protection at left tackle, in stark contrast to the man he replaced, Will Beatty, who finished ‘up’ in 50th with a PBE rating of 93.6. Diehl was bad enough to leave Sam Baker, the benched Atlanta Falcons left tackle, with the second lowest rating after the former first round pick gave up four sacks, seven hits and 17 hurries on just 242 snaps in pass protection.
    Both Kareem Mackenzie and David Diehl in the bottom 20 and we still won the Super Bowl. Eli is a god

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
      i see competition as a good thing. i want Pugh to start week 1 only if he wins the competition. if DD wins it, im not gonna be mad at Pugh. Im gonna be stoked for DD bc the coaches believe he cn be effective still. im all for givin him that chance, guys been on the OL for 2 SBs. Besides, Pughs day is coming, there is no disputing that anyways. i dont know thats just me i dont wanna be too short sighted.
      I personally think Pugh should be thrown in the fire, because a shakey Pugh can't be any worst than David Diehl.. plus he'll take his lumps and get learning experience. That's my only problem with DD still being on the team, taking away reps from the younger guys when it's clear he probably won't be here past next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by drewz View Post
        I personally think Pugh should be thrown in the fire, because a shakey Pugh can't be any worst than David Diehl.. plus he'll take his lumps and get learning experience. That's my only problem with DD still being on the team, taking away reps from the younger guys when it's clear he probably won't be here past next year.
        i see where you're coming from and can agree to an extent. but, eli is way too valuable to do that imho...just throw a "shaky" pugh out there if he wasnt ready. DD at the least has experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by drewz View Post
          Diehl really was a decent player the second half of last season though. Its tough to remove a player who is capable of starting and doing ok, and a guy who can play 4 out of 5 spots on the OL.

I wouldnt be shocked if Diehl got a contract extension after this season either.

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfan420 View Post
            i see competition as a good thing. i want Pugh to start week 1 only if he wins the competition. if DD wins it, im not gonna be mad at Pugh. Im gonna be stoked for DD bc the coaches believe he cn be effective still. im all for givin him that chance, guys been on the OL for 2 SBs. Besides, Pughs day is coming, there is no disputing that anyways. i dont know thats just me i dont wanna be too short sighted.
            i se comp as god thg too and want to see pu as r strtr ad n wy thk ur bg shrt sghtd lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
              i se comp as god thg too and want to see pu as r strtr ad n wy thk ur bg shrt sghtd lol
              how did i understand this????

Comment

• Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                how did i understand this????
                You've smoked way too much weed like me. ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                  LOOL STOP
                  Mood: WOOF!

Comment

• why must you misquote ?

he never says the word "starting".....first of all.....eventhough that word means nothing at this point

but listen to it in context .....it means nothing

he says " the right tackle is David Diehl"

meaning right now ...like as in today

no positions are set in stone

context below

http://www.giants.com/videos/videos/...b-bf35193210fc
                    Last edited by YATittle1962; 07-30-2013, 12:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                      LOOL STOP
                      You know me, I can be relentless.

Comment

• My guess is that they are a little miffed that he held out and missed valuable learning opportunity. They are telling him he has much to prove if he wants to beat out a two-time Super Bowl starting lineman and a great Giant teammate. DD has given his all for this organization and deserves respect. If he can't play up to NFL standards he will be replaced and retire with dignity. If Pugh is up to the task, he will be starting soon enough but it will not be given to him just because he was a 1st round pick.This is respect for DD and motivation for Pugh...nothing more IMO

Comment

• Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
                          My guess is that they are a little miffed that he held out and missed valuable learning opportunity.
                          he didnt hold out... he missed no time in camp.

Comment

• I stand corrected but that was not the main point I was making.

Comment

• Bottom line...Pugh has to earn it and DD deserves respect

Comment

• Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
                                Bottom line...Pugh has to earn it and DD deserves respect
                                I agree. It's DDs job to lose. But Pugh is going to push him and the coaches are going to do everything they can to get Pugh ready to win that battle

Comment

Working...
                                X