Pat Flahety: David Diehl is my starting right tackle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
    I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed if the kid isn't good enough to start. I expect a first round pick to start, but Wilson-last year's 1st round pick didn't start and I consider him to have a way higher celing, so it's not the end of the world. Though to be honest, there is a difference in expectations between pick 19 and pick 32, IMO.
    I first round pick on the O line SHOULD start right away.
    If you look at the history of O linemen taken in round 1 around the league, you will see that almost all of them start right away.

Unless......they disappoint in camp.
    Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Morehead State;812763]I first round pick on the O line SHOULD start right away.
      If you look at the history of O linemen taken in round 1 around the league, you will see that almost all of them start right away.

Unless......they disappoint in camp.[/QUOTE]

whih hasnt been established yet or even an inkling of.....
      "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
      You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• [QUOTE=GameTime;812765]
        Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        I first round pick on the O line SHOULD start right away.

Unless......they disappoint in camp.[/QUOTE]

whih hasnt been established yet or even an inkling of.....
        I am reacting to the statement that our OL coach made. It seemed strange given the fact that I just mentioned, plus the fact that every O linemen drafted in round 1 is listed as the starter on their depth charts.
        That all adds up to a stinky stink.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Morehead State;812773]
          Originally posted by GameTime View Post
          I am reacting to the statement that our OL coach made. It seemed strange given the fact that I just mentioned, plus the fact that every O linemen drafted in round 1 is listed as the starter on their depth charts.
          Huh? Teams have listed their depth charts already?
          sigpic

Jerry Reese. The Adrien Robinson of GM's.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Morehead State;812773]
            no that adds up to other teams and what they are saying. We will see what happens in week 1 of the reg season.
            Besides our OL coach only said that DD is the starter as of now. Which means he is not arbitrarily handing the job to a rookie just because he is the first rounder. Whats so bad about making the kid think he has to earn it?? Whether by open competition or what have you. Everybody AND their uncle knows if this kid plays better than DD in camp he will be the starter. It very simple MH......
            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• [QUOTE=NYGabriel;812781]

thats an MH quote....just to be clear.....not mine

Comment

• [QUOTE=NYGabriel;812781]

I looked at every one except KC. I assume they have Fisher starting.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Morehead State;812787]
                  Originally posted by NYGabriel View Post
                  I looked at every one except KC. I assume they have Fisher starting.
                  they have named them the starter as of now....

BTW....how does that have any meaning to the Giants roster anyway????

oh wait....thats part of your (over)reaction to what Flatherty said.

Comment

• [QUOTE=GameTime;812793]
                    they have named them the starter as of now....

BTW....how does that have any meaning to the Giants roster anyway????

oh wait....thats part of your (over)reaction to what Flatherty said.
                    I don't dismiss the notion that I may have "slightly" overreacted.
                    But I consider it a very small possibility.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Morehead State;812796]
                      I don't dismiss the notion that I may have "slightly" overreacted.
                      But I consider it a very small possibility.
                      you are starting to sound like the adults in the Charlie Brown TV cartoons.......

Comment

• I don't get why Diehl deserves respect.. His skills are clearly on the decline.. I appreciate what he's done for the organization. He was a hard-nosed lump pale type of player for years. He looks like he doesn't have it anymore.. And whoever brought up Webster yes you can say the same thing about him.. But we all have to hope for bounce-back years from probably both players that are in their 30's.

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post

you are starting to sound like the adults in the Charlie Brown TV cartoons.......
                          Lol.
                          sigpic

Jerry Reese. The Adrien Robinson of GM's.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShineOnForever View Post
                            I don't get why Diehl deserves respect.. His skills are clearly on the decline.. I appreciate what he's done for the organization. He was a hard-nosed lump pale type of player for years. He looks like he doesn't have it anymore.. And whoever brought up Webster yes you can say the same thing about him.. But we all have to hope for bounce-back years from probably both players that are in their 30's.
                            you just stated the reasons he deserves respect.....why dont you agree with that???

Comment

• Because his career is over as far as I'm concerned. His terrible play shows that. The guy shouldn't be in a giants uniform

Comment

• Originally posted by ShineOnForever View Post
                                Because his career is over as far as I'm concerned. His terrible play shows that. The guy shouldn't be in a giants uniform
                                regardless. He deserves respct IMO. He isnt a slacker, he isnt forcing himself on the team they signed him back, he is a great locker room guy, and gives 100% all the time every time.
                                But thats just me. If you want to show no respect to a true NY Giants player with two rings then go right ahead.

Comment

Working...
                                X