Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=Morehead State;812796]
    Originally posted by GameTime View Post
    I don't dismiss the notion that I may have "slightly" overreacted.But I consider it a very small possibility.
    You're making progress.
    Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
      regardless. He deserves respct IMO. He isnt a slacker, he isnt forcing himself on the team they signed him back, he is a great locker room guy, and gives 100% all the time every time.
      But thats just me. If you want to show no respect to a true NY Giants player with two rings then go right ahead.
      Its not just you...Its any decent Giants fan.

Not sure what this poster's problem is.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
        Bottom line...Pugh has to earn it and DD deserves respect
        Best post in the entire thread.

Some posters judge Diehl based on a career that includes 2 Super Bowl victories as the Giants Left Tackle. Others judge him based on 2012, where he was flipped into a new position and then injured his MCL in September.

Frankly, I hope Pugh works out so well that they can't keep him on the bench. I'd love to see Diehl take on the role of a dependable backup that can be plugged in anywhere if someone goes down.

But, right now, Flaherty has a better sense than anyone here about what looks best for the Offensive Line.....and apparently, Pugh hasn't outperformed Diehl just because Reese picked him in the 1st round and he's signed his contract. Crazy, I know.
        "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

• [QUOTE=speedman;813002]
          Originally posted by speedman812796
          You're making progress.
          somehting going on with the quotes...
          that was MH who said not me. He def over reacts......
          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Put it this way: If DD is the starting RT on opening day, then DD, JP, and PF all need to be dismissed. DD has been a good Giant, but note the past tense. So were Rich Seubert and Sean O'Hara, but they were both unceremoniously cut. Where was the "respect" for them that so many here are demanding for DD? Seriously, the team was charitable to pay him even 1 mill, cause if they didn't, he'd be home in his rocking chair figuring out where else on his body he has room for a new tattoo. If JP can't beat out DD, then he is unworthy of his draft status, and PF is blind and delusional if he thinks DD belongs in the starting lineup. I'm no fan of the choice of JP in round 1, but it's time to turn the page BEFORE Eli is killed on the field!! Gladly I'll take my chances with Justin Puny. I'd put an undrafted, untested rookie free agent on the field ahead of Diehl right now. And incidentally, how does sucking at 4 positions add up to versatility?

Comment

• Originally posted by DINO FLORIDA View Post
              Put it this way: If DD is the starting RT on opening day, then DD, JP, and PF all need to be dismissed. DD has been a good Giant, but note the past tense. So were Rich Seubert and Sean O'Hara, but they were both unceremoniously cut. Where was the "respect" for them that so many here are demanding for DD? Seriously, the team was charitable to pay him even 1 mill, cause if they didn't, he'd be home in his rocking chair figuring out where else on his body he has room for a new tattoo. If JP can't beat out DD, then he is unworthy of his draft status, and PF is blind and delusional if he thinks DD belongs in the starting lineup. I'm no fan of the choice of JP in round 1, but it's time to turn the page BEFORE Eli is killed on the field!! Gladly I'll take my chances with Justin Puny. I'd put an undrafted, untested rookie free agent on the field ahead of Diehl right now. And incidentally, how does sucking at 4 positions add up to versatility?
              When you're right, you're right.

Comment

• [QUOTE=GameTime;813041]
                Originally posted by speedman View Post
                somehting going on with the quotes...that was MH who said not me. He def over reacts......
                I was replying to ms. I think he may have changed the quote.
                Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

• Originally posted by joemorrisforprez View Post
                  Best post in the entire thread.

Some posters judge Diehl based on a career that includes 2 Super Bowl victories as the Giants Left Tackle. Others judge him based on 2012, where he was flipped into a new position and then injured his MCL in September.

Frankly, I hope Pugh works out so well that they can't keep him on the bench. I'd love to see Diehl take on the role of a dependable backup that can be plugged in anywhere if someone goes down.

But, right now, Flaherty has a better sense than anyone here about what looks best for the Offensive Line.....and apparently, Pugh hasn't outperformed Diehl just because Reese picked him in the 1st round and he's signed his contract. Crazy, I know.
                  I think what is really the truth about DD, and is something that most Giants fans don't understand.... is that DD is a natural LT. He crapped out at RT several years ago and he crapped out at guard in 2011. It wasn't until he moved to LT and Booth to LG that our O line gelled.
                  He really isn't any good at any other position. For whatever reason, maybe he's just a better cog in the machine at LT, that's where he is more comfortable. I don't care about the ratings from 2011. Our O line played better with Booth at guard and DD at tackle.

So I'm concerned about DD at RT. If Pugh can't beat him out its a huge indictment on the Pugh pick. Its by far DD's worst position.

Comment

• Seubert and O'Hara were injured and not healed. They are forever respected Giants. They were not cut like no names. DD knows his last chance is to play with the Gmen and thats why he accpeted to play for less. He loves the game and loves the team.
                    Pugh is in his third day of camp give the kid a chance and why do call him puny?? Same size as DD. Coach Flatherty is just sating that DD is the starter as of NOW bit things can change.
                    BTW.....DD did not suck at 4 positions.....
                    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

• Originally posted by Imgrate View Post
                      When you're right, you're right.
                      yeah....and when you're aggravated you talk nonsense....

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        I think what is really the truth about DD, and is something that most Giants fans don't understand.... is that DD is a natural LT. He crapped out at RT several years ago and he crapped out at guard in 2011. It wasn't until he moved to LT and Booth to LG that our O line gelled.
                        He really isn't any good at any other position. For whatever reason, maybe he's just a better cog in the machine at LT, that's where he is more comfortable. I don't care about the ratings from 2011. Our O line played better with Booth at guard and DD at tackle

So I'm concerned about DD at RT. If Pugh can't beat him out its a huge indictment on the Pugh pick. Its by far DD's worst position.
                        Morehead, I completely agree with all your posts!! I heard Flaherty's response to questions about Justin Puny and in his voice, you could sense disappointment. I think he realizes the kid's tools do not make him worthy of a first round selection. Even trying to sugarcoat it, he failed.

Comment

• Diehl started all 16 games his rookie year. It's not unreasonable for people, who weren't satisfied with the pick's value to begin with, to want and expect Pugh to get all 16 games.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the pick, and I don't see this as a "anything less than 16 games is unacceptable" type situation, but if Pugh doesn't show some serious promise in his first year, I'll remain mildly miffed.
                          My body was sculpted to the proportions of Michelangelo's David.

Comment

Morehead, I completely agree with all your posts!! I heard Flaherty's response to questions about Justin Puny and in his voice, you could sense disappointment. I think he realizes the kid's tools do not make him worthy of a first round selection. Even trying to sugarcoat it, he failed.
                            Well....lets hope we are both wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                              Seubert and O'Hara were injured and not healed. They are forever respected Giants. They were not cut like no names. DD knows his last chance is to play with the Gmen and thats why he accpeted to play for less. He loves the game and loves the team.
                              Pugh is in his third day of camp give the kid a chance and why do call him puny?? Same size as DD. Coach Flatherty is just sating that DD is the starter as of NOW bit things can change.
                              BTW.....DD did not suck at 4 positions.....
                              I call him Justin Puny because at 6-4 and 300 pounds with arms shorter than a dinosaur in Jurassic Park, he is puny compared to Diehl, who is also undersized at 6-5 and 320. And he absolutely DID suck at all four positions recently. Forget about his past. He is as used up as used up can be.

Comment

I call him Justin Puny because at 6-4 and 300 pounds with arms shorter than a dinosaur in Jurassic Park, he is puny compared to Diehl, who is also undersized at 6-5 and 320. And he absolutely DID suck at all four positions recently. Forget about his past. He is as used up as used up can be.
                                whatever....your opinion is yours and thats about it....

Comment

Working...
                                X