Pat Flahety: David Diehl is my starting right tackle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DINO FLORIDA View Post
    I call him Justin Puny because at 6-4 and 300 pounds with arms shorter than a dinosaur in Jurassic Park, he is puny compared to Diehl, who is also undersized at 6-5 and 320. And he absolutely DID suck at all four positions recently. Forget about his past. He is as used up as used up can be.
    Thanks for the wonderful insight Coach Dino. I guess you study the game film but if the Giants felt DD was used up they would not have brought him back.
    sigpic

Jerry Reese. The Adrien Robinson of GM's.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYGabriel View Post
      Thanks for the wonderful insight Coach Dino. I guess you study the game film but if the Giants felt DD was used up they would not have brought him back.
      And thanks for yours Coach Gabriel. He was so good that he took an 80% pay cut. I didn't need to watch film to see that every time EM1 dropped back to pass, DD's guy was already in the backfield before DD even twitched.

Comment

And thanks for yours Coach Gabriel. He was so good that he took an 80% pay cut. I didn't need to watch film to see that every time EM1 dropped back to pass, DD's guy was already in the backfield before DD even twitched.
        How many times was Eli sacked compared to other QB's?
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by GameTime View Post
          whatever....your opinion is yours and thats about it....
          And so is yours, and that's about it ....

Comment

Diehl gave up a free rusher every other down. Eli didn't take as many sacks because he's a zen master at avoiding pressure and getting the ball out quickly. Honestly you could line up absolutely nobody at RT and it would be the same result...

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

Comment

Regardless of the number (he's good at throwing the ball away to avoid them or in some cases makes rash decisions and throws picks), an inordinate amount of the pressure came from DD's opponent week in and week out. The overall line's play slipped badly once Locklear went down. Locklear proved quite a pleasant surprise for a journeyman and if he did not get hurt, Jints would have made the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                Diehl gave up a free rusher every other down. Eli didn't take as many sacks because he's a zen master at avoiding pressure and getting the ball out quickly. Honestly you could line up absolutely nobody at RT and it would be the same result...
                TOTALLY AGREE!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Toadofsteel View Post
                  I was a huge critic of Diehl last year but some of you guys go a little far in the criticism. Eli was the least sacked qb in the league. The idea Diehl is gonna get him killed is silly.
                  sigpic

Comment

And so is yours, and that's about it ....
                    exactly....
                    glad thats cleared up..
                    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I was a huge critic of Diehl last year but some of you guys go a little far in the criticism. Eli was the least sacked qb in the league. The idea Diehl is gonna get him killed is silly.
                      So then why did he have such a crappy season????
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        So then why did he have such a crappy season????
                        Who Eli or Diehl?
                        sigpic

Comment

Who Eli or Diehl?
                          I think you know.

Comment

I think you know.
                            Nicks being banged up didn't help. It was a really tough schedule too. Still the Giants were 9-7 which is the same record as both title winning years.
                            sigpic

Comment

Nicks being banged up didn't help. It was a really tough schedule too. Still the Giants were 9-7 which is the same record as both title winning years.
                              1. They were 10-6 in 2007.
                              2. Spare me......great QB's are supposed to overcome injuries with the WR's. Look at Rodgers last year with all their injuries at WR.
                              3. I forget what #3 was but I'm sure it was a doozie!

Comment

1. They were 10-6 in 2007.
                                2. Spare me......great QB's are supposed to overcome injuries with the WR's. Look at Rodgers last year with all their injuries at WR.
                                3. I forget what #3 was but I'm sure it was a doozie!
                                Rodgers is a better QB then Eli....
                                Eli didnt have agood season. He will say the same thing. Why do feel the need to point out the obvious
                                "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                                You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Working...
                                X