Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pat Flahety: David Diehl is my starting right tackle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Can we get back to the topic of Diehl sucking? Praying this guy is a backup this year and gone after the season

    Comment


    • Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
      You do realize that that is two new players, not the same two players, right?
      You made it sound like they got hurt and were replaced by scrubs off the street.
      Bennett was a legit starter in the league...definitely better than Ballard. And Randle was a 2nd round pick with a huge upside.
      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
        You made it sound like they got hurt and were replaced by scrubs off the street.
        Bennett was a legit starter in the league...definitely better than Ballard. And Randle was a 2nd round pick with a huge upside.
        You make it sound like Eli returned all of his receivers like Rodgers did. When Eli returned two of them and one was injured.

        But if you think randle as a rookie was as good as James jones, or that Bennett is as good a receiver as Finley.... Well

        Comment


        • Originally posted by gmen0820 View Post
          I agree with this. Despite Nicks not giving us the production we've all grown accustomed to, he was still basically a lock for 40 yards and a few receptions. Nothing eye-popping, but not something you can bank on with other receivers.

          Like the Plax situation in 2008, we could've done a better job adjusting our offense. This isn't necessarily a criticism of KG, because it's not ideal to philosophically change your offense in-season. You lose a big time player, and you're gonna feel it. Unfortunately, it was difficult for us to overcome.

          If that situation occurs again, we'll be much better prepared with a progressed Randle, though.
          Its amazing how many excuses some posters make for Eli.

          From all the comments about missing this guy and missing that guy, can we all admit that Eli NEEDS great players around him and can't be near as productive without them?
          That is if I am to believe that the reasons for his drop off was the absence of the perfect combination of players that some of you are suggesting.
          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
            You make it sound like Eli returned all of his receivers like Rodgers did. When Eli returned two of them and one was injured.

            But if you think randle as a rookie was as good as James jones, or that Bennett is as good a receiver as Finley.... Well
            Did you watch Finley last year. He couldn't catch a cold. The were booing him mercilessly.
            He dropped everything thrown at him. So much that they game planned away from him.
            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
              Its amazing how many excuses some posters make for Eli.

              From all the comments about missing this guy and missing that guy, can we all admit that Eli NEEDS great players around him and can't be near as productive without them?
              That is if I am to believe that the reasons for his drop off was the absence of the perfect combination of players that some of you are suggesting.
              All QBs do. Rodgers has a ton of receiving talent. Peyton has always had probowl type talent. Bree's has a ton of talent. About the closest you can get to a QB without great receivers is Brady. But he has had pretty good players like welker most of his career. This year may be the biggest test for Brady yet. And I don't think with welker and Hernandez gone as well as a gimpy Gronk that Brady will have a great season.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                All QBs do. Rodgers has a ton of receiving talent. Peyton has always had probowl type talent. Bree's has a ton of talent. About the closest you can get to a QB without great receivers is Brady. But he has had pretty good players like welker most of his career. This year may be the biggest test for Brady yet. And I don't think with welker and Hernandez gone as well as a gimpy Gronk that Brady will have a great season.
                Peyton had a huge year in Indy with guys no one ever heard of. Brady has had mediocre talent at best at WR for most of his career. He made a star out of Deon Branch for God's sake. Rodgers turned a mediocre group with the exception of Jennings into stars. Jordy Nelson and James Jones were scrubs.

                Great QB's overcome injuries in the WR corps. Thats why the excuses for Eli really do ring true. He DOES need everything to be just right.
                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                  Peyton had a huge year in Indy with guys no one ever heard of. Brady has had mediocre talent at best at WR for most of his career. He made a star out of Deon Branch for God's sake. Rodgers turned a mediocre group with the exception of Jennings into stars. Jordy Nelson and James Jones were scrubs.

                  Great QB's overcome injuries in the WR corps. Thats why the excuses for Eli really do ring true. He DOES need everything to be just right.
                  Then by your definition of scrub, Cruz, hixon, and Manningham were also scrubs that Eli made.


                  Guess you don't realize that James jones, jordy Nelson, and branch were all 2nd round picks. As is Randall cobb

                  And btw. Peyton had Reggie wayne. I'm pretty sure we have all heard of him.
                  Last edited by slipknottin; 07-31-2013, 10:53 AM.

                  Comment


                  • Even a thread about a RT turns into an Eli vs XXX discussion....

                    you guys are nuts....
                    "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                    You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                      Then by your definition of scrub, Cruz, hixon, and Manningham were also scrubs that Eli made.


                      Guess you don't realize that James jones, jordy Nelson, and branch were all 2nd round picks. As is Randall cobb
                      You get my point. These elite QB's are going to be over 4000 yards, 30 TD's no matter who they throw out there.

                      Just sayin......

                      Now back to how Pugh was a terrible pick.
                      Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                        You get my point. These elite QB's are going to be over 4000 yards, 30 TD's no matter who they throw out there.

                        Just sayin......

                        Now back to how Pugh was a terrible pick.
                        No. I don't get your point. Great QBs with multiple high round draft picks at WR are going to be good? What insight

                        Comment


                        • Well we can always give pugh hgh. I hear they do not test for that yet. That will make him big and strong.
                          Why the Giants will win the SuperBowl!!!

                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QPvmhCcsnY&t=1s

                          Interview With Darian Thompson: https://youtu.be/vvqLbM6emGE

                          My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSW...BrHBI_v2XKQb5A

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                            No. I don't get your point. Great QBs with multiple high round draft picks at WR are going to be good? What insight
                            Oh....there was plenty of insight.
                            Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

                              Now back to how Pugh was a terrible pick.
                              Now I admit I don't know, but is this the world record for fastest judgement of a draft pick?
                              Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by giants8493 View Post
                                Well we can always give pugh hgh. I hear they do not test for that yet. That will make him big and strong.
                                I can see Orakpo bowling over Pugh and mauling Eli...and Pugh yelling from the ground...."but my footwork was good!!!"
                                Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X