Pat Flahety: David Diehl is my starting right tackle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
    I have been one of DD's biggest boosters here. But its clear that his skills are in decline, healthy or not.
    But my points isn't about MY opinion of DD. Its the FO's opinion. To demand that he take that kind of huge paycut, tells me that they did not foresee him as a starter. Its seems clear that they saw him as a versatile back up. Then they reach for Justin Pugh in the draft.

Now they are making statements about him as the starter. When I put 2 and 2 together, I get the distinct impression that they are, up to now, disappointed in Justin Pugh.
    The FO doesn't care who starts. All they care about is getting the best player per cap $ they can. If they felt Diehls skills were worth X amount then that is there decision. Reese isn't going to tell coughlin who to play, that's not his job.

Comment

I complained mightily last year that TC overreacted to that week 1 fumble.

But I'll be honest. I loved the pick last year but I didn't like what I saw in Wilson last season.
      I didn't see the elusiveness in his running style for a guy that size. All speed and no wiggle.
      Maybe he'll show it this season.
      I almost threw up when Wilson was benched in favor of Krumple, or whatever this ****ing name was.
      "I like linebackers. I collect 'em. You can't have too many good ones." - Bill Parcells

"Name the starting linebackers from 2007." - Jerry Reese

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
        The FO doesn't care who starts. All they care about is getting the best player per cap $ they can. If they felt Diehls skills were worth X amount then that is there decision. Reese isn't going to tell coughlin who to play, that's not his job.
        I promise you that the HC is included in discussions when they try to figure out who to cut, who to keep and who to get a pay cut from.

There is no way they cut DD that much and planned to start him week one.
        Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Originally posted by imstilripped View Post
          Sorry homer, I know anyone who has a blue jersey on is Godly and wonderful to you and can do no wrong. Others of us actually believe there might be a better player floating around somewhere who should be on the roster, or playing. I can see it now, Diehl's guy blows by him and knocks Eli out for the season. Game time will be on here telling us all the stop whining.
          It's gotten to the point where if Eli gets any time to pass on 3rd and longs it's a relief. It feels like he has an eternity back there when he gets some time to pass (which is roughly 5% of his drop backs).

DD has no business starting in the NFL let alone on the Giants. Looks like the stubborn old dinosaurs with headsets are already going back to their old school prehistoric ways. And the season hasn't even started yet.

Comment

Originally posted by imstilripped View Post
            I live in a condo, my neighbors don't need to watch the game to know who is winning, or which player screwed up.
            Not sure why you felt the need to share that. I wasn't suggesting you weren't a fan, but you might want to step back and actually listen to yourself. You sound like Buddy's evil twin.

;-)

Comment

I promise you that the HC is included in discussions when they try to figure out who to cut, who to keep and who to get a pay cut from.

Locklear was on $890,000 last year and everyone wanted him to be the starter.
              sigpic

Jerry Reese. The Adrien Robinson of GM's.

Comment

Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post
                Not sure why you felt the need to share that. I wasn't suggesting you weren't a fan, but you might want to step back and actually listen to yourself. You sound like Buddy's evil twin.

;-)
                I think he means that he likes the TV loud.

Comment

Originally posted by NYGabriel View Post
                  Locklear was on $890,000 last year and everyone wanted him to be the starter.
                  He was brought in to back up and he didn't start until DD got hurt as I remember.

Comment

Disagree completely.

Reese's job is only to assemble the best roster he can. Coughlin has input of course, but it is ultimately Coughlins choice who to play and who not to play.

Comment

Well ****...

Comment

Originally posted by slipknottin View Post
                        Disagree completely.

Reese's job is only to assemble the best roster he can. Coughlin has input of course, but it is ultimately Coughlins choice who to play and who not to play.
                        Obviously. The HC has input on who is kept, who is released and who gets a pay cut.
                        I'm not saying they get the final say, but they get plenty of input.

Its reasonable to assume that TC's input included the view that DD's abilities were in decline and that he should be considered a versitile backup.

Comment

I know Diehl helped us win 2 rings but he's been washed up for 2 years now. The coaching staff for some reason doesn't see this. Our run game was night and day better when Locklear was starting last year and as soon as Diehl got healthy Locklear goes right to the bench and our run game disappears again and Eli is on his back every other play. If Diehl is our starting RT game 1 I'm gonna flip!!! Can't take this guy anymore!!

Comment

Its reasonable to assume that TC's input included the view that DD's abilities were in decline and that he should be considered a versitile backup.
                            And its also completely reasonable that TC's input included the view that DD is still a starter and he wanted him to remain.

While Reese decided that he was overpaid and could be replaced for cheaper (with Pugh)

Comment

Look....I love DD. But it makes no sense that the Giants would threaten him with release unless he took an 80% pay cut (near the vet minimum), and envision him as the starting RT this season.

This statement about DD being the started is an indictment of Justin Pugh and that blown first round pick.
                              He was drafted to start at RT and it seems that he has disappointed the coaching staff to this point.
                              what a horse**** statement. An indictment that they blew the pick a few days into camp and after OTAs???
                              Come MH....thats even a "reach" for you. I know you dont like the pick but lets not put words in the coach's mouth that are ridiculous.
                              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

I'm not reading too much into the statement either way. Let's see this play itself out for a few weeks.
                                No one remembers who came in second.

Comment

Working...
                                X