Injury Report: Nicks Limited Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic

Jerry Reese. The Adrien Robinson of GM's.

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
      Do we know what Nicks was doing (conditioning-wise) while he wasn't at OTAs? We know Cruz was working out fairly vigorously but not much about Nicks during the off-season until mandatory mini-camp and then he was limited.
      It's a good point, but I assume that if he was not football ready we would have heard about it by now.

It would be extra odd that he would show up not ready in a contract year.
      eli acted a little spoiled , he isnt a team player. he cares about his career only as he did during the 2004 draft. he did not mentor webb …Harooni

i have to look it up i think a few starting qb's have sat out a few games once eliminated…Harooni

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
        So there's a line somewhere: how much practice can Nicks miss before it effects his play in the regular season.I can't be the only one who thinks that line is so far away as to not even be visible from where he is now.
        You're not.
        Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

He's fine. Most guys get stiff the first days of camp cause they've been out of action and get sore. Nicks is just being precautious in this situation imo.
          "You killed my family, and I don't like that kind of thing."

Comment

While he has had some injuries in his short career that does to make him fragile. Hopefully it's nothing, but if he did pull something better to restit a couple of days. Doesn't mean his pre season is over.

Comment

People who want to get rid of Nicks because he is "injury prone" need to put down the PCP, because that perception is just insane. The guy has one injury plagues year, and all of a sudden he is as fragile as glass?On top of that, these same people are claiming he hurt his groin(we don't even know to what extent) due to him being out of shape, because he missed OTAs. Why would Nicks, who was working out with the team prior to OTAs, just stop training out of the blue? People need to realize that him not being at OTAs doesn't mean he just decided to stop training.

The season hasn't even begun yet and people are ready to right Nicks off? Absolutely ridiculous, but expected on these boards.

Comment

Originally posted by NYG- View Post
                People who want to get rid of Nicks because he is "injury prone" need to put down the PCP, because that perception is just insane. The guy has one injury plagues year, and all of a sudden he is as fragile as glass?On top of that, these same people are claiming he hurt his groin(we don't even know to what extent) due to him being out of shape, because he missed OTAs. Why would Nicks, who was working out with the team prior to OTAs, just stop training out of the blue? People need to realize that him not being at OTAs doesn't mean he just decided to stop training. The season hasn't even begun yet and people are ready to right Nicks off? Absolutely ridiculous, but expected on these boards.
                A....men.
                Mood: WOOF!

Comment

People who want to get rid of Nicks because he is "injury prone" need to put down the PCP, because that perception is just insane. The guy has one injury plagues year, and all of a sudden he is as fragile as glass?On top of that, these same people are claiming he hurt his groin(we don't even know to what extent) due to him being out of shape, because he missed OTAs. Why would Nicks, who was working out with the team prior to OTAs, just stop training out of the blue? People need to realize that him not being at OTAs doesn't mean he just decided to stop training.

The season hasn't even begun yet and people are ready to right Nicks off? Absolutely ridiculous, but expected on these boards.
                  the same people that are criticizing him now are going to be begging he stays after he has a monster year, smh. I remember at one point giant fans were considered some of the most knowledgeable football fans around, wtf happened.

Comment

Take it slow, we will need him for week one!

Comment

Exactly. It's the same bone-head talk every time a player has a set back. As soon as word get out that they are back on game, the same ones doing all the talking will be back on the bandwagon.

Comment

He could miss a couple of preseason games if that's what it took to get healthy or get his groin right.
                        Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                          http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...-limited-again

Excerpt: "Hakeem Nicks went through a limited practice again on Monday.

The wide receiver experienced tightness in his groin on Sunday and watched the last chunk of Sunday's practice. So his participation on Monday was actually somewhat encouraging.

Tom Coughlin was asked if Nicks being limited was for precautionary reasons.

"I hope so," Coughlin said.

Coughlin was asked if he's concerned that Nicks is being too cautious.

"I don’t know that," Coughlin said. "That's not what he tells me. We just want him out there competing and practicing. The guy has not practiced and he really needs to get out there. We’ll have to see the extent of which we have an issue here."

Wide receiver Kris Adams is dealing with a hand injury.

"Yeah, his finger popped out on him but he popped it right back in," Coughlin said. "He’s fine." Read more...
                          And this is newsworthy why? As far as I am concerned, I'd be very surprised if Nicks is not "nicked", "bothered", "limited" etc, etc by something. I love his skills and I think he is a Great player when he is is 100%, but he has never been 100% since the day he was drafted.

Comment

Nicks is working today

Tom Rock‏@TomRock_Newsday13m
                            Nicks not limited in release drills vs. CBs. Goes against Webster to start it off.

Comment

Originally posted by sethm View Post
                              Nicks is working today

Tom Rock‏@TomRock_Newsday13m
                              Nicks not limited in release drills vs. CBs. Goes against Webster to start it off.
                              thats odd.....
                              even the mildest of groin strains should be rested for at least few days you would think.....hmmm???
                              "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                              You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
                                thats odd.....
                                even the mildest of groin strains should be rested for at least few days you would think.....hmmm???
                                yes, it's odd and did you pay attention to TC's words yesterday where he said Nicks needed to be practicing and he was going to see where there was some issue with Nicks not practicing hinting Nicks might be being too cautious.

Comment

Working...
                                X