Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Injury Report: Nicks Limited Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Injury Report: Nicks Limited Again

    http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/gia...-limited-again

    Excerpt: "Hakeem Nicks went through a limited practice again on Monday.

    The wide receiver experienced tightness in his groin on Sunday and watched the last chunk of Sunday's practice. So his participation on Monday was actually somewhat encouraging.

    Tom Coughlin was asked if Nicks being limited was for precautionary reasons.

    "I hope so," Coughlin said.

    Coughlin was asked if he's concerned that Nicks is being too cautious.

    "I don’t know that," Coughlin said. "That's not what he tells me. We just want him out there competing and practicing. The guy has not practiced and he really needs to get out there. We’ll have to see the extent of which we have an issue here."

    Wide receiver Kris Adams is dealing with a hand injury.

    "Yeah, his finger popped out on him but he popped it right back in," Coughlin said. "He’s fine." Read more...
    “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

  • #2
    im not one to make a big deal out of training camp injuries like most people do, but damn it's always something with hakeem. i love the guy and want him to remain a life-long giant, but it's frustrating. hopefully he can stay healthy this season.

    Comment


    • #3
      This dude is gone after this season. HE IS FRAGILE. Not worth the $10M+ he will want.
      The Problem is the Oline, PERIOD

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
        This dude is gone after this season. HE IS FRAGILE. Not worth the $10M+ he will want.
        ehhh i understand your frustration but it's still possible he has a monster season this year. let's wait and see. even though he's never had a season where he played 16 games, he still put up some solid stats. but yea he needs to show more durability or his contract won't be as large, or we won't re-sign him.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
          This dude is gone after this season. HE IS FRAGILE. Not worth the $10M+ he will want.
          Easy now, it's a tad early for that
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
            Easy now, it's a tad early for that
            Tad early? We see this year in and year out. He reminds me of Bradshaw unfortunately. Great when healthy, a beast of a motor, but is fragile. Bradshaws feet broke down on him. I see Nicks legs doing the same... I hope not though. I like Nicks a lot, but this is why a few months back I said I would pay Cruz over Nicks.
            The Problem is the Oline, PERIOD

            Comment


            • #7
              So there's a line somewhere: how much practice can Nicks miss before it effects his play in the regular season.

              I can't be the only one who thinks that line is so far away as to not even be visible from where he is now.
              Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TheAnalyst View Post
                Tad early? We see this year in and year out. He reminds me of Bradshaw unfortunately. Great when healthy, a beast of a motor, but is fragile. Bradshaws feet broke down on him. I see Nicks legs doing the same... I hope not though. I like Nicks a lot, but this is why a few months back I said I would pay Cruz over Nicks.
                We don't even know the extent of the whatever it is. If Randle keeps shooting the lights out at practice, they will be overly cautious with Nicks I think.
                Last edited by RoanokeFan; 07-29-2013, 08:49 PM.
                “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
                  So there's a line somewhere: how much practice can Nicks miss before it effects his play in the regular season.

                  I can't be the only one who thinks that line is so far away as to not even be visible from where he is now.
                  Do we know what Nicks was doing (conditioning-wise) while he wasn't at OTAs? We know Cruz was working out fairly vigorously but not much about Nicks during the off-season until mandatory mini-camp and then he was limited.
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    as any and all Giants fans I want Nicks to succeed and be a beast with the team.

                    at this point regardless of how many or what type injuries he has its gonna be magnified because of his history with injury at inopportune times.

                    again if he wants a big payday from the Giants he gotta be on the field at least 75% of the time....and playing well.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I'd say be careful with him? No reason to push him when it's not needed at this point.. Let him heal. We know what a healthy Nicks is capable of.. So no need for us to see him streak down sidelines and beat one of his teammates for a TD and then pull up with an injury... So I'm fine with him being limited. Go full out vs Dallas in the opening game
                      Football has been very, very good to us.
                      After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                      But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                      # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                      1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                      2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                      3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                      4-New York Giants!!!
                      5-NE
                      Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                      ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by miked1958 View Post
                        I'd say be careful with him? No reason to push him when it's not needed at this point.. Let him heal. We know what a healthy Nicks is capable of.. So no need for us to see him streak down sidelines and beat one of his teammates for a TD and then pull up with an injury... So I'm fine with him being limited. Go full out vs Dallas in the opening game
                        I'm with you to a point, but no matter how well he catches, runs, beats the defenders, etc. He does need to work with Eli so they are on the same page. Timing is critical on a lot of routes.
                        “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          wwoooo.....a strained groin....
                          yeah this guy is a problem....
                          please....
                          "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                          You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Obsess much? lol
                            No one remembers who came in second.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post
                              I'm with you to a point, but no matter how well he catches, runs, beats the defenders, etc. He does need to work with Eli so they are on the same page. Timing is critical on a lot of routes.
                              yes they can get that timing down over portions of several pre season games...
                              Football has been very, very good to us.
                              After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
                              But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

                              # of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

                              1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
                              2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
                              3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
                              4-New York Giants!!!
                              5-NE
                              Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

                              ***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X