Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pugh will see alot of playing time this year

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • pugh will see alot of playing time this year

    whether he beats out DD or not he will be starting , all it takes is one injury on the line no matter where ,if its LT DD will move over and pugh will start , if its LG DD will move there , if its center , Booth will move there and DD will move to LG , because of DD versitality he is most likely going to be on the field and as much as i hate injuries , its just not likely that all 5 guys on the OL are going to remain healthy through 16 ..IMO if DD is gonna be playing then i would rather him be at Guard than tackle , im tired of the speed rushers blowing by him and him looking lost , i personally want whats best for the team and the best 5 combo of guys on the line , btw what ever happen with petrus?? i had high hopes for him when he was drafted

  • #2
    If Pugh doesn't become a starter.. He will be the first O-lineman off the bench I imagine..

    Comment


    • #3
      Good point. And if he's not the starter, it just means we haven't had any injuries on the line.

      Comment


      • #4
        my crystal ball sez that one of our starting guards will get hurt in camp or preason and pugh starts his career as a plug in on the inside.

        Comment


        • #5
          His versatility is a big reason he was drafted at #19

          Comment


          • #6
            Either starter or not it is GREAT to have such a good talent to fall back on

            Peace
            Dan

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by cusetownGIANT View Post
              whether he beats out DD or not he will be starting , all it takes is one injury on the line no matter where ,if its LT DD will move over and pugh will start , if its LG DD will move there , if its center , Booth will move there and DD will move to LG , because of DD versitality he is most likely going to be on the field and as much as i hate injuries , its just not likely that all 5 guys on the OL are going to remain healthy through 16 ..IMO if DD is gonna be playing then i would rather him be at Guard than tackle , im tired of the speed rushers blowing by him and him looking lost , i personally want whats best for the team and the best 5 combo of guys on the line , btw what ever happen with petrus?? i had high hopes for him when he was drafted
              Petrus is well documented, not NFL ready, not ever.
              No one remembers who came in second.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by cusetownGIANT View Post
                btw what ever happen with petrus??
                His feet were stuck in concrete.

                Comment


                • #9
                  i think the OL is going to show stark improvements, whether pugh is on the field or not. competiton is a good thing, and simply by taking pugh first rd, it puts the entire unit on notice. these guys realize it.

                  and the OP makes great points. whether he beats DD by week 1 or not, Pugh will be a fixture on the OL sooner rather than later one way or the other.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by jomo View Post
                    Petrus is well documented, not NFL ready, not ever.
                    Isn't that why we let him go to the patriots, and they ended up cutting him anyway?

                    I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      if its LT DD will move over and pugh will start

                      hey hey hey don't put him over there.

                      Comment


                      • #12

                        I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite team in the NFL.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Carter.525 View Post
                          His versatility is a big reason he was drafted at #19
                          You draft O linemen for their versatility in round 3 and above, not round 1.
                          Admit nothing. Deny everything. Make counter accusations.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                            You draft O linemen for their versatility in round 3 and above, not round 1.
                            blah blah blah...
                            enough......lol
                            "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                            You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Morehead State View Post
                              You draft O linemen for their versatility in round 3 and above, not round 1.
                              Do you know why Eric Fisher went #1 overall instead of Joeckel? Because the Chiefs thought Fisher was more versatile and could be a better RT.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X