What do you guys think?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by imstilripped View Post
    It seems to me like 90 % of the people on here are arrogant and smug, reading some of these 20 page threads, people will sit and type til their fingers fall off insisting they're right. They can't for a second believe their opinion isn't right. Predicting 15-1 is a "good" post? Let's all just go with that then, very realistic.
    be honest are you a giants fan? and I would rather a "homer" poster then someone who is always negative and smug. even you user name is smug you seem to me like a 23 year old juice head punk
    sigpic
    FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
      ruddy was joking when she said 15-1
      See?
      Mood: WOOF!

Comment

Originally posted by GameTime View Post
        nah....I get loud at memebrs when the whine like school girls or act like jerks but I am neither smug nor arrogant.
        lol only you can get loud with a poster by typing lol
        sigpic
        FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

I see 11-5 with L's to Denver, Seahawks, redskins, packers and cowboys. we get the # 4 seed and upset seahawks at home in nfc championship and beat Denver in sb. HOMERISH AS HELL but mark it down
          sigpic
          FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

It seems to me like 90 % of the people on here are arrogant and smug, reading some of these 20 page threads, people will sit and type til their fingers fall off insisting they're right. They can't for a second believe their opinion isn't right. Predicting 15-1 is a "good" post? Let's all just go with that then, very realistic.
            I think Rudyy was joking. If you read her posts she's never really overemotional or outrageous like some posters tend to get. If she wasn't it's just a prediction.
            Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Nope, just a realist. I'll gladly eat crow directly to you if any of those 3 things I just laughed at actually happen. I post here because 90 % of you need to be brought back down to Earth from believing the team is going to go 12-4 every year, are blind to the fact that TC loses us 1 game a year in the waning moments with some boneheaded decision, and think Kildrive is a good OC. Why should I just sit here and read a bunch of fiction and not correct it?
              Look...I'm willing to come over and give you a hug for as long as it takes for you to start feeling better.

And it should go without saying, but nothing below the waist.
              Every single day I log onto this message board thinking i've seen it all, every single day I am wrong...NYGiants2120

Comment

Originally posted by B&RWarrior View Post
                I think Rudyy was joking. If you read her posts she's never really overemotional or outrageous like some posters tend to get. If she wasn't it's just a prediction.
                +1

Comment

Originally posted by Delicreep View Post
                  Look...I'm willing to come over and give you a hug for as long as it takes for you to start feeling better.

And it should go without saying, but nothing below the waist.
                  he might crush you with his ripped muscles
                  sigpic
                  FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                    +1
                    ruddy=awesome
                    sigpic
                    FUTURE NY GIANTS PLAYER

2015 season tbd

Comment

Originally posted by ryan12 View Post
                      be honest are you a giants fan? and I would rather a "homer" poster then someone who is always negative and smug. even you user name is smug you seem to me like a 23 year old juice head punk
                      Die hard for the past 20 years. The Giants are really the only sports team I'm a "fanatic" of, there are teams in other sports I would prefer to see win, but their losses don't upset me a bit. Now Giants wins or losses, they'll put me in a great or crappy mood for the next 3 days. Had I joined this board last year at this time you would think differently of me, I was flying high off the SB win still, and thinking positively that we had a realistic chance at a repeat. Then last season happened, and it was brutal in many ways from day 1 coming out and playing like SB Chumps on opening night, culminated by yet another 2nd half collapse. I can accept losing, but I can't accept it when the coaching staff makes worse decisions than a 5 yr. old in the waning minutes of games and it costs us the game, to the Eagles of all teams every time. Then to come on here and realize I'm the only one who has a major problem with this sets me off.

Comment

Die hard for the past 20 years. The Giants are really the only sports team I'm a "fanatic" of, there are teams in other sports I would prefer to see win, but their losses don't upset me a bit. Now Giants wins or losses, they'll put me in a great or crappy mood for the next 3 days. Had I joined this board last year at this time you would think differently of me, I was flying high off the SB win still, and thinking positively that we had a realistic chance at a repeat. Then last season happened, and it was brutal in many ways from day 1 coming out and playing like SB Chumps on opening night, culminated by yet another 2nd half collapse. I can accept losing, but I can't accept it when the coaching staff makes worse decisions than a 5 yr. old in the waning minutes of games and it costs us the game, to the Eagles of all teams every time. Then to come on here and realize I'm the only one who has a major problem with this sets me off.
                        well thats a good post. I feel the same way in regards to other sports teams.
                        But....you are not even close to being the only one who has issues with Coughlin, Gilbride, etc.
                        All HCs make mistakes....more often than TC too. He is not immune to making errors.
                        "Measure Twice......Cut Once"
                        You couldn't be more full of **** if you were break dancing in a Port-a-Potty.......Kruunch

Comment

Many MANY people share your frustration, here and elsewhere.

I have been extremely vocal about the second half collapses. Probably more vocal than you. You have just joined this board, so you did not see all the "Fire Coughlin, Fire Gilbride" posts. That being said, the reason why people are essentially laughing at your posts, is because you put 100% of the blame on the coaching staff. Nobody deserves 100% of the blame for anything. Tom Coughlin doesn't throw interceptions. Kevin Gilbride doesn't dance around in the backfield. Perry Fewell is not the one on the field getting burned for a touchdown. And I am sure they are not telling the players to do these things, but they happen. I think the coaches play a significant part in our second half collapses, but you are giving them WAY too much blame in the process. This is a team game. It's both the players and the coaches. If all you do is blame the coaching staff, then you are suggesting our players are perfect.

Comment

Yeah I feel you, but the reality is we are all just armchair experts. TC, Gilbride and other coaches have put there 10000 hours in and KNOW their craft. If you were to sit down with any NFL OC/DC/ Head Coach he would take you to school on every decision that he made. I know what I know and I know what I don't know.
                            Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

Originally posted by PennState1 View Post
                              LOSS - Week 1: at Cowboys, Sunday, Sept. 8, 8:30 p.m. (NBC)
                              LOSS - Week 2: vs. Broncos, Sunday, Sept. 15, 4:25 p.m. (CBS)
                              WIN -Week 3: at Panthers, Sunday, Sept. 22, 1 p.m. (FOX)
                              WIN -Week 4: at Chiefs, Sunday, Sept. 29, 1 p.m. (FOX)
                              WIN - Week 5: vs. Eagles, Sunday, Oct. 6, 1 p.m. (FOX)
                              WIN - Week 6: at Bears, Thursday, Oct. 10, 8:25 p.m. (NFL Network)
                              ???? - If we slow down AP - Week 7: vs. Vikings, Monday, Oct. 21, 8:40 p.m. (ESPN)
                              WIN - Week 8: at Eagles, Sunday, Oct. 27, 1 p.m. (FOX)
                              Week 9: Bye
                              WIN - Week 10: vs. Raiders, Sunday, Nov. 10, 1 p.m. (CBS)
                              WIN - Week 11: vs. Packers, Sunday, Nov. 17, 8:30 p.m.* (NBC)
                              WIN - Week 12: vs. Cowboys, Sunday, Nov. 24, 4:25 p.m.* (FOX)
                              LOSS - Week 13: at Redskins, Sunday, Dec. 1, 8:30 p.m.* (NBC)
                              WIN - Week 14: at Chargers, Sunday, Dec. 8, 4:25 p.m.* (FOX)
                              LOSS - Week 15: vs. Seahawks, Sunday, Dec. 15, 1 p.m.* (FIX)
                              ????? - Week 16: at Lions, Sunday, Dec. 22, 4:05 p.m.* (FOX)
                              WIN - Week 17: vs. Redskins, Sunday, Dec. 29, 1 p.m.* (FOX)

The games that worry me are the Vikings (AP on Monday night) and the Lions. You always have to worry about the Packers but we get them at home. I really believe we beat the Eagirls 2x this year. Where did I go wrong in my predictions?
                              Assuming Nicks and JPP are healthy and playing up to their '11 standards, then I say 10-6. If not, then I say 6 - 10 or 7 - 9, especially if JPP isn't up to par.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudyy View Post
                                Many MANY people share your frustration, here and elsewhere.

I have been extremely vocal about the second half collapses. Probably more vocal than you. You have just joined this board, so you did not see all the "Fire Coughlin, Fire Gilbride" posts. That being said, the reason why people are essentially laughing at your posts, is because you put 100% of the blame on the coaching staff. Nobody deserves 100% of the blame for anything. Tom Coughlin doesn't throw interceptions. Kevin Gilbride doesn't dance around in the backfield. Perry Fewell is not the one on the field getting burned for a touchdown. And I am sure they are not telling the players to do these things, but they happen. I think the coaches play a significant part in our second half collapses, but you are giving them WAY too much blame in the process. This is a team game. It's both the players and the coaches. If all you do is blame the coaching staff, then you are suggesting our players are perfect.
                                I thought I was being an equal opportunity blamer, I never said the coaching staff is 100 % responsible, I've blasted Webster for the past week on here, as well as even Cruz for too many drops and short arming balls last year. I have a love/hate relationship with Eli, I was not happy with last year from him, he finally played like what we thought he would when we made the trade for him in '11, then regressed mightily again last year. Fewell should have been fired, I don't care how bad the players on the D are, two years in a row ranked 30th in the league for a DC is uncomprehendable.

Comment

Working...
                                X