Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT are YOU going say when ELI brings us one more SUPER BOWL RING ??!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MDH View Post

Its a lot harder to win a Superbowl then to not win one. So more weight should be put on if he did actually win another one. Especially given his age. He would have defied odds in doing so. And there would be a lot said about the yr that they decided to change management. And stick with Eli, and build up an Oline and running game. That he in turn delivers this new management group and coaching staff a championship at the age of 37-39.

If he were to pull that off. Then it would be hard to believe that if you made these type of changes earlier. That he would have been worse off.
    I was just having some fun.

Unfortunately..He is currently the QB of a 3-13 team. Maybe we should temper our expectations. We are a bad team right now.
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by speedman View Post

I agree with you about opinions because we know what people say about opinions including mine. As I said before we will see what happens this year. The part of my post about Simms was a joke because I know you would never sayEli was better than Simms. We will see what happens with Eli this year.
      You couldn't be more right. Phil is my boy just like Eli is yours.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

I was just having some fun.

Unfortunately..He is currently the QB of a 3-13 team. Maybe we should temper our expectations. We are a bad team right now.
        I'm not expecting this. Though that is probably the intention of the OP. Just commenting on the scenario the OP presented.

I do believe we should look into building a power run game though. I like our 3 TEs. One of them being able to lineup at WR. And I believe power run lineman are easier to obtain. I think 3 TE sets and bunch formations with Engram lining up at WR. With some big maulers along the line. And Ellison & Adams both quality blockers with some catching ability.

That we could control the line of scrimmage offensively for the most part. Another shifty breakaway weapon would be needed besides Odell. But I like that formula a lot.

Comment

• People listing all these QBs & comparing them to Eli forget one simple thing, they are all more mobile/athletic than Eli! Even Brady is more mobile/athletic than Eli. Eli's last won the SB at age 30, Reese wasted Eli's early 30s with BS drafts that resulted in bad OLs & bad RBs. Then coach Menu comes in & neuters a gunslinger & turns him into a dink/dunk QB instead of giving him the pieces to fit his style of play, he made Eli convert to his WCO that worked under AR, but no QB, including Eli is AR.

You all want to put Eli down & say this QB or that QB is better & does more with less, really? So how come Only Brady has won more SBs than Eli in the past 17yrs & Big Ben has the same # of SB wins & everybody else that is so superior to Eli has won 1 SB or none. I mean for how much better Brees is than Eli, he has 1 SB to show for 17 seasons of superior play.

A running game is a QBs best friend, Eli has not had that in 5+yrs. Give him that this yr & you will see 2011 Eli show up again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post
            People listing all these QBs & comparing them to Eli forget one simple thing, they are all more mobile/athletic than Eli! Even Brady is more mobile/athletic than Eli. Eli's last won the SB at age 30, Reese wasted Eli's early 30s with BS drafts that resulted in bad OLs & bad RBs. Then coach Menu comes in & neuters a gunslinger & turns him into a dink/dunk QB instead of giving him the pieces to fit his style of play, he made Eli convert to his WCO that worked under AR, but no QB, including Eli is AR.

You all want to put Eli down & say this QB or that QB is better & does more with less, really? So how come Only Brady has won more SBs than Eli in the past 17yrs & Big Ben has the same # of SB wins & everybody else that is so superior to Eli has won 1 SB or none. I mean for how much better Brees is than Eli, he has 1 SB to show for 17 seasons of superior play.

A running game is a QBs best friend, Eli has not had that in 5+yrs. Give him that this yr & you will see 2011 Eli show up again.
            Yeah...He needs to play better without his best friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by speedman View Post

I agree with Wilson, probably Rodgers, maybe Rivers, not sure about Brees and Stafford. Definitely not Brady. Even if I gave you all 6 of these, even though 3 are in theory, your point still doesn't mean much.
              So now that I've dis-proven your claim, it doesn't matter. OK.

Comment

People listing all these QBs & comparing them to Eli forget one simple thing, they are all more mobile/athletic than Eli! Even Brady is more mobile/athletic than Eli. Eli's last won the SB at age 30, Reese wasted Eli's early 30s with BS drafts that resulted in bad OLs & bad RBs. Then coach Menu comes in & neuters a gunslinger & turns him into a dink/dunk QB instead of giving him the pieces to fit his style of play, he made Eli convert to his WCO that worked under AR, but no QB, including Eli is AR.

You DO know that it's become clear in the last 24 hours that the Browns are taking Barkley. So, you can stop now.

Comment

Yeah...He needs to play better without his best friend.
                  2014- 4410yds 30 TDs 14 Ints
                  2015- 4432yds 35 TDs 14 Ints
                  2016- 4027yds 26 TDs 16 Ints

Pretty good stats with no best friend.

Comment

• I have never been an Eli fan since day 1 and I will be very pleased to see him ride off into the sunset and take his 120 million with him...he was okay while he lasted but its all over now and has been for at least 3 seasons

Comment

2014- 4410yds 30 TDs 14 Ints
                      2015- 4432yds 35 TDs 14 Ints
                      2016- 4027yds 26 TDs 16 Ints

Pretty good stats with no best friend.
                      Yeah...There was a time many years ago where he played better than he does now. And for any objective viewer of Eli in 2016 will tell you he played very mediocre football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronxpinstripes View Post

So now that I've dis-proven your claim, it doesn't matter. OK.
                        You didnít prove anything.
                        Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

Yeah...There was a time many years ago where he played better than he does now. And for any objective viewer of Eli in 2016 will tell you he played very mediocre football.
                          I guess the purpose of me posting those stats is obviously going over some of your heads. If Eli put up 12,869yds & threw 91 TDs in 2014-2016 w/o a good OL & no run game, then imagine what his #s could be with an improved OL & run game? From 2014-2016, Matt Ryan put up these #s:
                          14,229 yds 87 TDs. Keep in mind he had Davonte Freeman rushing for 2000+yds & 22 TDs in 15'-16' Giants RBs combined have rushed for 11 TDs in 2015-2016.

All I'm saying is to stop acting like Eli has had a great OL/Run game the past 5 yrs & has been stinking it up in spite of that. He hasn't. If the Giants improve the OL & get a 1000yd RB out of it this yr & Eli still plays poor, then I'll be the 1st one on the get rid of Eli bandwagon.

Comment

I guess the purpose of me posting those stats is obviously going over some of your heads. If Eli put up 12,869yds & threw 91 TDs in 2014-2016 w/o a good OL & no run game, then imagine what his #s could be with an improved OL & run game? From 2014-2016, Matt Ryan put up these #s:
                            14,229 yds 87 TDs. Keep in mind he had Davonte Freeman rushing for 2000+yds & 22 TDs in 15'-16' Giants RBs combined have rushed for 11 TDs in 2015-2016.

All I'm saying is to stop acting like Eli has had a great OL/Run game the past 5 yrs & has been stinking it up in spite of that. He hasn't. If the Giants improve the OL & get a 1000yd RB out of it this yr & Eli still plays poor, then I'll be the 1st one on the get rid of Eli bandwagon.
                            his number would go down, he was throwing the ball 40 times a game.

Comment

If the Giants improve the OL & get a 1000yd RB out of it this yr & Eli still plays poor, then I'll be the 1st one on the get rid of Eli bandwagon.
                              If the Giants improve the OL, then they may already have a 1,000-yd back in Gallman. If not Michel/Guice/Chubb/Johnson/Jones/Penny can fill the role.

Comment

• Originally posted by Harooni View Post

his number would go down, he was throwing the ball 40 times a game.
                                That's the goal. Ideally you want Eli putting up the ball no more than 30-32x a game if that. less x the ball goes in the air, less chance of Ints. That's why it's essential to establish a run game this yr.

Comment

Working...
                                X