Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT are YOU going say when ELI brings us one more SUPER BOWL RING ??!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gumby74 View Post
    He needs consecutive year of playing extremely well, to change my opinion of him at this point. His book has already been written.

SBs or no SBs.
    It will all be revealed this year I am sure. The philly game was more how they played D vs how successful Eli was...even I was watching game like...Really?

Comment

• Originally posted by Parademon1 View Post

Jax/NO/NE have way better OLs & RBs than the Giants do, of curse it explains his poor play! If Brady/Brees had Flowers "protecting" their 6, they'd be all discombobulated as well. They'd be hearing footsteps when their is none. Eli has had a human turnstile playing LT for the past 3 yrs. Flowers has turned unknown DEs into superstars & he has never pancaked anyone on a running play in 3 yrs! How can he escape pressure when the pocket is collapsing at the 2 second mark! Eli was not blessed with his dad's athletic ability so he has never been a very mobile QB since he got drafted & now at 35-36-37, you expect him to be?

Why did the Giants beat Brady into the turf & make life miserable for him in SB 42, because they disrupted the NE OL! Had the NE OL won the battle of the trenches & kept Brady clean, we get destroyed 41-17. Brady's internal clock was totally disrupted by the Giants pass rush. He was either getting hit, pressured or sacked on almost very pass play. Majority of his 266 passing yds were of the dink/dunk variety as the Giants DL didn't give him time to complete long passes. Brady got sacked 5x & hit numerous others. The Giants OL on the other hand kept Eli relatively clean in the pocket all game & the Giants were able to keep their D honest rushing for 91yds while our D negated the NE run game & held it to 45yds.

The game of football is won in the trenches, not at the skilled positions. WR can't get 10 rec for 125+yds if the OL isn't giving the QB time to throw. The RB can't rush for 100+yds if the OL isn't opening up holes for him to run thru & the QB can't complete passes if the OL is just giving him 2 or less seconds to go thru his progressions & find the open man.

The NY football Giants have had neither an OL nor RBs going on 5yrs. But asides form last yr when everything that could go wrong for the Giants, did go wrong, his 3 yr stats from 2014-2016 were:
      2014: 4410 passing yds 30 TDs 14 Ints
      2015: 4432 passing yds 35 TDs 14 Ints
      2016: 4027 passing yds 26 TDs 16 Ints

If some of you wanna call those stats "declining", then I'd hate to see what you call great. And mind you, this is w/o a stud RB in the lineup & Flowers watching his 6.
      2500 of those yards were OBJ taking slants to the house...HAHAHHAHAHA

Comment

Which QB that led his team to the playoffs in 2017 did it w/o an OL? Brady, Brees, Foles, Big Ben, Bortles, Smith, Goff, Taylor, Mariota, Keenum, Cam, Ryan? You need an OL to have an effective run game.

Jaguars #1 run game
        Eagles #3 run game
        Panthers #4 run game
        Saints #5 run game
        Bills #6 run game
        Vikings #7 run game
        Rams #8 run game
        Chiefs #9 run game
        Patriots #10 run game
        Falcons #13 run game
        Titans #15 run game
        Steelers #20 run game

9 of the 10 teams that finished top 10 in rushing made the playoffs! Can't do that w/o an OL. Overall, 12 of the top 20 run teams made the playoffs with 90% of the top 10 getting in.

I know that you can't stand Eli & think he's washed up & are against us getting Barkley with #1 pick but damn bro, don't be pulling stuff like "a lot of productive QBs don't have OLs that are any good" cuz I'm gonna call you out on it.

Eli hasn't been "productive" because he has had a POS OL & putrid run game since 2013. No QB, don't give a rat's behind how good he is, cannot strive with a POS OL & no run game. W/O a productive OL that can pass pro as well as run block, you are not making the playoffs, don't care who your QB is!

Amazing how scared so many of you are of seeing what Eli can do with an OL that can give him 3 secs of pass pro & with an effective run game.

1st you said in another post that great RBs only last 4-5 yrs, I proved you wrong on that one & now I proved you wrong again on "QBs being productive with no OL". That's BS & you know it.
        Did you see what he did when the pocket was clean?? When the running game was okay?? We are talking about when he had the time and still made a bad throw or misread....dump off to the feet of an RB. These are the facts that jump off the screen during games. Obviously if the OL is terrible the QB will be in trouble but lets not pretend it was bad every game, every play because it wasn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by brownelvis54 View Post
          Better O-line.....Better defense.....GIANTS primed to win the NFC east............What are you going to say when Eli brings us one more ring!!!
          I would say what I said the other two times, he didn't do it by himself
          “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

Agree if he does win another Superbowl with a better offensive line and better defense I guess that's fair to say?

but the fact remains it does not take anything away from Eli. In fact it shows that he was left on the island by himself and he did pretty darn good considering the things he was given.

no quarterback in today's current NFL could Master a winning record without having Supporting Cast there's no doubt about it if Eli Manning wins another Super Bowl ring I will be beyond happy he seems like a good man we have a good organization and I hope we have continued success

Comment

• Originally posted by RoanokeFan View Post

dude you always sound like a closet eagles or cowboys fan. You dont support half the team. Imo a true fan doesn’t constantly trash talk or drop passive aggressive posts about the players on “his” team and then get to enjoy the wins when they come as a result of those same players performing at a high enough level to win.

Comment

• He doesn't have to take us to the super bowl for me to appreciate what he has done for the Giants .........but it would be nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by alwaysready View Post
                  dude you always sound like a closet eagles or cowboys fan. You dont support half the team. Imo a true fan doesn’t constantly trash talk or drop passive aggressive posts about the players on “his” team and then get to enjoy the wins when they come as a result of those same players performing at a high enough level to win.
                  Trash talk? 22 players on every play win or lose games. Can you name those players I have "trash talked" for me?
                  Last edited by RoanokeFan; 04-11-2018, 06:56 AM.
                  “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” MB Rule # 1

Comment

• Originally posted by BornBlue37 View Post

I wonder what the excuse will be next?....smirk
                    Eli basher’s thread. All of the clowns keep piling on.
                    Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

• Originally posted by speedman View Post

We need love too....
                      Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by alwaysready View Post
                        So a true fan, in your world, is defined as a blind homer who refuses to make the slightest criticism of any player on the roster, no matter how terrible or inept that player may be.

In recent years, a LOT of our players, Eli included, are worthy of the criticism they receive. If you disagree, so be it, but its the true reality of the situation. If you dont like reality, continue to live in your fantasy world, but you should probably add a few people to your ignore list, because we're not going away any time soon.
                        The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Originally posted by BornBlue37 View Post

Did you see what he did when the pocket was clean?? When the running game was okay?? We are talking about when he had the time and still made a bad throw or misread....dump off to the feet of an RB. These are the facts that jump off the screen during games. Obviously if the OL is terrible the QB will be in trouble but lets not pretend it was bad every game, every play because it wasn't.
                          Its like talking to a brick wall, so you're wasting your time.
                          The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd - Bertrand Russell

Comment

• They are playing him this year so I'm pulling for him. I will pull just as hard for Webb when he gets his real shot. Eli has usually been unflappable in the biggest spots, but that faded away with less and less protection. I hope he can conjure up the courage to stand in the pocket again and make big plays downfield. Engram will "go off" this year--whoever is throwing him the ball.
                            Eli's biggest strength has always been between the ears. Missed by many was when he changed the play at the line during last game vs Skins and Darkwa did his best Joe Morris imitation going to the house. Theres always a weakness to exploit in the defense IF the QB sees it and has the time to do something.

Comment

What signs? Having a POS OL & no run game these past 5-6 yrs has been the main issue with the Giants offense . Name me a QB in the NFL that can take his team to the playoffs with no OL, no run game?
                              The offense performed well the first two years in Mac's system under TC. The problems on offense stem from the line, the offense system, and Eli!
                              Because of all of the effort and examination being poured into these predictions, the draft is a robust market that, in the aggregate, does a good job of sorting prospects from top to bottom.1 Yet despite so many people trying to “beat the market,” no single actor can do it consistently. Abnormal returns are likely due to luck, not skill. But that hasn’t stopped NFL executives from behaving with the confidence of traders.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/...eat-the-draft/

Comment

• Originally posted by speedman View Post

It is an easy play to label ppl Eli bashers vs defend your position. It's scary, not only in sports but in regular life where ppl will deny facts and what is evident in front of them. I try to remove any and all bias when speaking about OBJ or ELI and I like both. Those time when I know I may be bias I acknowledge it and why.

You want to believe that ppl hate Eli because it releases you from responsibility of defending your point or position so you make blanket statements that place labels on those that see things differently.

I believe this year will prove it all. I am open to being proven wrong as I hope Eli has the ability to bounce back, a running game will take the pressure off of him and maybe the old Eli can emerge for another run.

Lastly, it is impossible to be labeled an "Eli basher" or "Clown" when I/we defend or support out position very well. You on the other fail to dispute our position with a valid position of your own which is comical to say the least.

Comment

Working...
                                X