Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT are YOU going say when ELI brings us one more SUPER BOWL RING ??!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BornBlue37 View Post

I would say that it's because even with a clean pocket and WRs catching the ball his passes are consistently off target...even a 5 yard dump off to the RB. Eli is the only QB that is mentioned that every single detail needs to be perfect around him in order to succeed. Yes he has made some miracle throws or should I say amazing throws but just like OBJ being ripped for ONE playoff game in which he under performed in 3.5 years....ELI far exceeds those numbers before and after he has won a SB............just for those that will say "Oh but ELI won two SBs"
    I am not one of those Eli fans that bank on his laurels of yesteryear but what QB has really been successful without a good OL and running game? Yes Eli is not the most accurate passer but if you recall that game in New Orleans a few years ago where he threw for more than 400 yds the Giants lost because the defense sucked not because of an ineffective offense. I'm not ready to reserve my judgement on Eli yet if he is washed up or not until he has at least a serviceable OL and running game. Does Eli deserve some of the blame? Of course but most of the blame is on Reese and McAdoo for not doing a good job of putting Eli in a position to be successful...

Comment

• Originally posted by Eli_QB10 View Post

I am not one of those Eli fans that bank on his laurels of yesteryear but what QB has really been successful without a good OL and running game? Yes Eli is not the most accurate passer but if you recall that game in New Orleans a few years ago where he threw for more than 400 yds the Giants lost because the defense sucked not because of an ineffective offense. I'm not ready to reserve my judgement on Eli yet if he is washed up or not until he has at least a serviceable OL and running game. Does Eli deserve some of the blame? Of course but most of the blame is on Reese and McAdoo for not doing a good job of putting Eli in a position to be successful...
      I understand your point. I would say the NO and the Philly game had more to do with the defenses we were facing. I was shocked that Philly was playing us the way they were. In the NO game their defense sucked too. It was a defenseless game that allow both offenses to flourish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

We need love too....
        That's up for debate

Comment

• Originally posted by G1.. View Post

That's up for debate
          Didn't say we were going to get it.......
          Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

Didn't say we were going to get it.......
            did you see how I used that "sarcasm" emoji?

Comment

• Dennis_the_Menace_Jay_North_1962.jpg

Gee Tommy, I hope someday everyone can appreciate true greatness like we do!

Comment

• Originally posted by brownelvis54 View Post
                Better O-line.....Better defense.....GIANTS primed to win the NFC east............What are you going to say when Eli brings us one more ring!!!
                I'd say a Big "THANKS"! But it is not going to happen. I had said right after the 2nd SB win, that Coughlin and Eli will never see another SB together again and I was right. I dare say now that Eli will not see another SB as a Giants player. I hope I am wrong, but so far the Giants have not let me down with my very low expectations. Let's see how this plays out under new management.

Comment

Better O-line.....Better defense.....GIANTS primed to win the NFC east............What are you going to say when Eli brings us one more ring!!!
                  Nothing because it's not going to happen ....

Comment

If he brings us 1 more SB ring before he retires, I'm going to say: 1) Thank you, and 2) I knew you had it in you.

But I don't at all expect that this year.

Comment

We need love too....
                      That's true.
                      Engage brain before speaking.

Comment

• Originally posted by G1.. View Post

That's up for debate
                        LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by JJC7301 View Post

If he brings us 1 more SB ring before he retires, I'm going to say: 1) Thank you, and 2) I knew you had it in you.

But I don't at all expect that this year.
                          +1

Comment

• Originally posted by Die-Hard View Post

So a true fan, in your world, is defined as a blind homer who refuses to make the slightest criticism of any player on the roster, no matter how terrible or inept that player may be.

In recent years, a LOT of our players, Eli included, are worthy of the criticism they receive. If you disagree, so be it, but its the true reality of the situation. If you dont like reality, continue to live in your fantasy world, but you should probably add a few people to your ignore list, because we're not going away any time soon.
                            Not exactly. The guys who have been calling for Eli’s head are the same guys who said after 2008 that he was lucky, we should be happy with what he gave us and that it was time to move on.

Comment

• Eli had s 33% success rate of winning the SB when making the playoffs, but let's be real. He was just part of a team who played really well in two playoff runs, Eli included.

as someone previously noted, besides Brady, the other three conference champion quarterbacks were named Bortles, Keemun and Foles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Smitty View Post
                                Eli had s 33% success rate of winning the SB when making the playoffs, but let's be real. He was just part of a team who played really well in two playoff runs, Eli included.

as someone previously noted, besides Brady, the other three conference champion quarterbacks were named Bortles, Keemun and Foles.

Eli had 106 completions in the postseason in 2011. Good for best ever.

He’s ranked 12 best (ever) in post season qb rating.

he has as many game winning drives as Joe Montana in the post season - 5. One more than terry Bradshaw.

He has as many fourth quarter comebacks in the post season - 4 - as John elway.

According to 538....

H“is New York Giants have often been underdogs in the postseason and projected to a record of 4-7 or perhaps 5-6 in his 11 games. Instead, Eli Manning’s teams have gone 8-3. According to the simulations, there’s just a 1 percent chance of achieving such a strong record based on chance alone.

This does not, incidentally, serve as evidence that Eli Manning or any other quarterback has some extra gear that kicks in during the postseason. Eli’s been awesome during the postseason, but with 180 QBs in the sample you’d expect to find a few fluky cases based on chance alone. This is also not to say that clutch quaryerbacking doesn’t exist”....

eli is one of the best ever in the post season and would still be one of the best if he had a supporting cast around him.

Comment

Working...
                                X