Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT are YOU going say when ELI brings us one more SUPER BOWL RING ??!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd go crazy first then say **** YEAH!!!!

Then said that he should retire
    Football has been very, very good to us.
    After losing seasons 2013-15, the giants put up 11 wins in 16.. they are on way Back
    But for now we can console ourselves with this fact-

# of Super Bowl victories since 1985:

1-Chicago, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Indianapolis, New Orleans, Seattle
    2-Washington, Green Bay, Pittsburgh, Baltimore
    3-San Francisco, Dallas, Denver
    4-New York Giants!!!
    5-NE
    Let's make it 5 in 2016 so we can be on a LINE NE again!!!

***Stat provided by "Schloss22"***

Comment

• Originally posted by alwaysready View Post

let me ask you... do you think if McAdoo pulled Eli and named wither Davis Webb or Geno Smith the starter prior to opening day last year, this team would be in a better situation than we are right now with Pat Shurmur and David Gettleman and Eli, still the starter?
      That would have been impossible. Eli's contract wouldn't allow it. And we were supposed to be a contender in 2017.
      Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

That would have been impossible. Eli's contract wouldn't allow it. And we were supposed to be a contender in 2017.
        LOL, says who??? No ,nope long time Giant fan knows you take one season at a time and it doesn't matter what happen the year before and you take the experts all the ones that said they would lose in 2011 and have them kiss you're butt.The "expert's guess, that is all they do.

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post

Whoís ***, Eli?
          Morehead's.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

Morehead's.
            Nah I canít do that. I donít even know him/her

Comment

• Originally posted by giantsfam04 View Post

Nah I canít do that. I donít even know him/her
              You're dead to me.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarcasman View Post

You're dead to me.
                Lol sorry

Comment

i didnt ask if it was possible. the premise behind the question is as good this year as it would have been last year. Do you think that we would be better with Davis Webb or with Sam Darnold the starter in 2018? contracts aside, would have we been better with Geno Smith or Davis Webb last year?

Comment

i didnt ask if it was possible. the premise behind the question is as good this year as it would have been last year. Do you think that we would be better with Davis Webb or with Sam Darnold the starter in 2018? contracts aside, would have we been better with Geno Smith or Davis Webb last year?
                    I'm guessing we would be better with a QB that could move...even a little. the inability to deal with a pass rush is killing Eli's ability to produce.

Comment

I'm guessing we would be better with a QB that could move...even a little. the inability to deal with a pass rush is killing Eli's ability to produce.
                      It isn't Eli that can't handle the pass rush,it's the OFFENSIVE LINE

Comment

and you don't value Eli's experience in preparation, in big spots / games and in leadership? You think that a more mobile quarterback who is more likely to be out for an extended period of time and who is not as good from inside the pocket (very few mobile QB's are as good in the pocket as they are, moving inside and outside of the pocket - to expect our next QB in 2018 to be one of those QB's is unrealistic) is the answer? You can talk all you want about Foles. Foles and the Eagles had everything going for them last year - Eli would have brought that team very deep into the post season as well. I haven't seen ANY reason why Eli can't throw a laser, albeit with a bit less velocity, to where ONLY the WR can get it down the sideline or up the seam if given the time. He did last year, even with the few opportunities he had. I know we are beating a dead horse at this point but at the very least, you would agree that ANY QB who has Flowers protecting him on his blindside is set up for failure.... Erecks mindset and selfishness should be enough to get you to agree to that.....

Comment

and you don't value Eli's experience in preparation, in big spots / games and in leadership? You think that a more mobile quarterback who is more likely to be out for an extended period of time and who is not as good from inside the pocket (very few mobile QB's are as good in the pocket as they are, moving inside and outside of the pocket - to expect our next QB in 2018 to be one of those QB's is unrealistic) is the answer? You can talk all you want about Foles. Foles and the Eagles had everything going for them last year - Eli would have brought that team very deep into the post season as well. I haven't seen ANY reason why Eli can't throw a laser, albeit with a bit less velocity, to where ONLY the WR can get it down the sideline or up the seam if given the time. He did last year, even with the few opportunities he had. I know we are beating a dead horse at this point but at the very least, you would agree that ANY QB who has Flowers protecting him on his blindside is set up for failure.... Erecks mindset and selfishness should be enough to get you to agree to that.....
                          Sure I do. Not enough to overcome all his failings at this point. He has a losing record (10 games under .500) over the last 6 years. That is a huge sampling.
                          6 years is an eternity in the NFL. So all his preparation, experience and leadership hasn't given us a damned thing in 6 years.
                          And his "clutch" play that he's known for more than anything else has been non existent for those 6 years.

You folks love to cling to his record..to his past success and God bless you for it. But that success is getting smaller and smaller in the rear view mirror.

Fool me once...shame on you. Fool me for 6 years...........well you know the rest.

At what point do any of you folks throw your collective arms in the air and accept it?

Comment

At what point do any of you folks throw your collective arms in the air and accept it?

I'll give you this:
                            If the Giants have a solid offensive line this year and a great run game and Eli still panics under pressure and throws a ton of int's or fumbles when a defender breaths on him I will say "Thanks for your service Eli, time to retire."

"Sir, I was wondering: did you happen to catch the professional football contest on television last night?"
                            "No...I didn't."
                            "Oh it was most exhilarating: the Giants of NY took on the Packers of Green Bay and in the end the Giants triumphed by kicking an oblong ball made of pigskin through a big H. It was a most ripping victory."

Comment

• Originally posted by G1.. View Post

It isn't Eli that can't handle the pass rush,it's the OFFENSIVE LINE
                              its both
                              he rushes the play when no pressure is even on him
                              "it won't matter who we pick at #2 because whoever it is we need him..."

​​​​​​ -Jesse James

Comment

Sure I do. Not enough to overcome all his failings at this point. He has a losing record (10 games under .500) over the last 6 years. That is a huge sampling.
                                6 years is an eternity in the NFL. So all his preparation, experience and leadership hasn't given us a damned thing in 6 years.
                                And his "clutch" play that he's known for more than anything else has been non existent for those 6 years.

You folks love to cling to his record..to his past success and God bless you for it. But that success is getting smaller and smaller in the rear view mirror.

Fool me once...shame on you. Fool me for 6 years...........well you know the rest.

Eli's old. He's at the point in his career that he needs talent around him to be successful again. He hasnt had that in years - no denying it. i think he can still be successful if he has a good team around him. For how much longer? that's definitely up for debate. But for this year upcoming, i think Eli could have a pretty decent year if the OL can hold up and we can get a running game. Eli thrives in the playaction, we havent had a running game in years to help with Eli's strongest area.

Comment

Working...
                                X