Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WHAT are YOU going say when ELI brings us one more SUPER BOWL RING ??!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by G1.. View Post

We aren't talking about 2015 and even if the line was hurt the FO knew enough to draft capeable back ups ...so my point is still the same. Brady did not lose all his receivers in one game or have the injuries that the Giants had last year or the league leading drops of catchable balls so you can pretty much blow TB out of the discussion.You're trying to tell me that Brady would give up Amendola and Gronk for our receiving crew,no, not in 2015,16,or 17
    Yes last year was a tough one for injuries.
    It can't be argued that Eli went down with the ship....instead of lifting it up.....That is what a franchise QB making $20MM+ is supposed to do.

Eli fell apart with the rest of the team. I have said it many times...A true franchise QB should be good for 5 to 8 wins no matter what else is around him.
    Deny everything. Admit nothing. Make counter accusations.

Comment

• Originally posted by alwaysready View Post

it was a weak follow up. if you had a point to make, then make it. you tried to discredit the premise of my post by refuting it with a hypothetical question and then told me to provide stats to substantiate it. if you dont see the flaw in that follow up, then just be done with the conversation. if you wanted to bring data to substantiate your position, then im all ears.
      You chose to include PFF as a basis of your argument and I simply presented broader information using your same source. Now you are are calling the info flawed, but I'm not sure how that supports your point.

My point is that there wasn't just one problem with our offense and the PFF data supports that point whether you choose to admit it or not.

But don't worry; I get it. Defense of Eli is done at any cost.

Comment

• Originally posted by TCHOF View Post

By citing only the stats that help your position and not even researching others?

No thanks.
        What, the post you quoted was in response to this...

"Can you provide us with the OL rankings for the QB's ranked ahead of Eli in these years?

In other words, do all of the QB's playing better than Eli have better OL's?"

So, the response was a question that was intended to discredit the information i shared. but it didn't discredit anything. the burden of proof is not on me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roosevelt View Post

You chose to include PFF as a basis of your argument and I simply presented broader information using your same source. Now you are are calling the info flawed, but I'm not sure how that supports your point.

My point is that there wasn't just one problem with our offense and the PFF tdata supports that point whether you choose to admit it or not.

But don't worry; I get it. Defense of Eli is done at any cost.
          no, the defense of Eli is simple. He had a terrible coach; the scheme he had to work within was not conducive to his skill set nor the personnel around him; he had no RB, no FB, the blocking TE they brought in was not utilized, no blindside protection (nor broadside), depleted WR's, etc., etc., etc.

One of my earlier questions in this thread that brought us to this point was.....Do any of you think we'd better off last year or in 2018 if Geno or Davis Webb were thrown into the same situation? If the answer is anything but "definitely," then Eli should be the QB.

Since when is anything given to anyone in this league or game, especially the QB position of the NY Football Giants. That's not how this works. It never has been and never will be. Until someone takes the damn job, at which point most of us Eli supporters will be more than happy to see someone or ANYONE lead this team back to championship caliber football, then just STFU already, with all due respect.

Comment

no, the defense of Eli is simple. He had a terrible coach; the scheme he had to work within was not conducive to his skill set nor the personnel around him; he had no RB, no FB, the blocking TE they brought in was not utilized, no blindside protection (nor broadside), depleted WR's, etc., etc., etc.

One of my earlier questions in this thread that brought us to this point was.....Do any of you think we'd better off last year or in 2018 if Geno or Davis Webb were thrown into the same situation? If the answer is anything but "definitely," then Eli should be the QB.

Since when is anything given to anyone in this league or game, especially the QB position of the NY Football Giants. That's not how this works. It never has been and never will be. Until someone takes the damn job, at which point most of us Eli supporters will be more than happy to see someone or ANYONE lead this team back to championship caliber football, then just STFU already, with all due respect.
            Wow...Poor guy. Not sure how he could actually function with all that going against him.

I guess he's just a victim of everyone around him. He's really an island of football virtue surrounded by a sea of incompetence.

It's really like Captain Queeg. He's surrounded by disloyal officers. All he needs are his ball bearings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morehead State View Post

It can't be argued that Eli went down with the ship....instead of lifting it up.....That is what a franchise QB making $20MM+ is supposed to do.

Eli fell apart with the rest of the team. I have said it many times...A true franchise QB should be good for 5 to 8 wins no matter what else is around him.
              BS, No QB, again NO QB can lift a team that has no receivers, no RB's and NO O line , what is he suppose to do throw it to himself? Please lets be real here.

Comment

See you got it .This is exactly what happen,call it the "perfect Storm"

Comment

Can you name a Qb that had the rash of injuries the Giants had last year and won 5 to 8 games?? I'm only asking because you said a true franchise QB is good for 5 to 8 games no matter what he has around him. Remember Eli lost all 3 starting wide receivers early in the season while playing behind a bad oline.

Comment

Wow...Poor guy. Not sure how he could actually function with all that going against him.

I guess he's just a victim of everyone around him. He's really an island of football virtue surrounded by a sea of incompetence.

It's really like Captain Queeg. He's surrounded by disloyal officers. All he needs are his ball bearings.
                    What do you disagree with? The fact that he didn't have a coach, a scheme or players around him to help him win or with the notion that a QB alone is not going to be the answer to this teams problems?

BTW... McAdoo was incompetent.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay051 View Post

Can you name a Qb that had the rash of injuries the Giants had last year and won 5 to 8 games?? I'm only asking because you said a true franchise QB is good for 5 to 8 games no matter what he has around him. Remember Eli lost all 3 starting wide receivers early in the season while playing behind a bad oline.
                      and it wasnt just that.... the team fell apart. no one bought into the scheme including Eli because it didn't make any sense. McAdoo and JR were fighting for their lives and there was a lot of finger pointing going on. the fact that Flowers was still playing half way through the season last year should be proof enough that there was something really wrong going on and none of it was due to Eli's "bad" performance. Can ANY of you show me a game or drive where McAdoo gave Flowers help on Eli's blind side? didn't think so.

The posters who see things in black and white and say it's mostly Eli's fault are more oblivious than most Giants fans, including myself. There was too much going on for anyone to get a grasp on what really happened and we may never really know.

Comment

What do you disagree with? The fact that he didn't have a coach, a scheme or players around him to help him win or with the notion that a QB alone is not going to be the answer to this teams problems?

BTW... McAdoo was incompetent.
                        He had a HC coach, an OC and plenty of NFL players around him. He was playing against teams, many of whom had a lot of injuries as well.

I'm saying stop with the excuses.
                        Man up and go play football. Jeez you guys with the friggin excuses.

And I was dead seat agianst hiring Ben McAdoo but he coached the only winning team, we had had in the previous 4 years.

Comment

I fully expect Eli supporters to rip the future Giants QB to shreds, while neglecting every excuse made to explain how Eli's career was sabotaged by the NY Giants. That's just the way you guys roll. But let's be honest. We were told by Eli supporters that Gilbride was the problem, TC was the problem, and now McAdoo is the problem. Would it be a stretch to believe Pat Shurmer will be next?

To answer your question, based on Eli's play the last couple years; I don't think it would have made much of difference who was at quarterback. It wouldn't have surprised me at all if Geno performed better in that offense for two reasons. 1) Eli plays like he's shell shocked much of the time, and 2) Geno can escape pressure. I can't comment on Webb for reasons that should be obvious.

Comment

I fully expect Eli supporters to rip the future Giants QB to shreds, while neglecting every excuse made to explain how Eli's career was sabotaged by the NY Giants. That's just the way you guys roll. But let's be honest. We were told by Eli supporters that Gilbride was the problem, TC was the problem, and now McAdoo is the problem. Would it be a stretch to believe Pat Shurmer will be next?

To answer your question, based on Eli's play the last couple years; I don't think it would have made much of difference who was at quarterback. It wouldn't have surprised me at all if Geno performed better in that offense for two reasons. 1) Eli plays like he's shell shocked much of the time, and 2) Geno can escape pressure. I can't comment on Webb for reasons that should be obvious.
                            i will not rip the new QB if he isnt given a chance to show what he can do because of bad coaching or a terrible OL. that not how i roll.

Comment

and btw... even if you were right about Geno...are you saying that Geno was out long term answer?

Comment

He had a HC coach, an OC and plenty of NFL players around him. He was playing against teams, many of whom had a lot of injuries as well.
                                Stop! I respect you way to much to think you actually believe the BS you're posting.The team Eli had around him at the end of the year couldn't beat St,Peter's Prep in Jersey City! NFL players is a joke.
                                Last edited by G1..; 04-16-2018, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X